Four: The Troublemaker

Fall for you Again

 

Doojoon’s POV

I heard a knock on my door and even before I could say anything a student strode in and sat lazily on the chair infront of my desk.

“Did I say you can come in?” I said.

“You were going to anyway. Why waste time?” he said. I arched an eyebrow.

“Get out,” I said firmly.

“Huh?” he showed me a confused face.

“I said GET OUT!” I shouted, startling the boy but he tried to remain cool after his shock and walked out of the office. Before he step out of the office, I said, “Knock and come in only when I said so.”

He closed the door and knocked. I told him to come in. He came in lazily again, closing the door behind him and sat infront of me. He rolled his eyes and scoffed.

“Get out and knock again,” I said.

“What??” he sat up, looking at me angrily.

“You heard me” I said coolly.

“What kind of game is this??”

“You want to treat it like a game? Fine. Do it again for 15 times and you win,” I said.

“Psh. What’s the prize?” he smirked. He’s one tough kid. But I’ve faced worse.

“The chair. You get to sit. Yay~” I said mockingly and clapped my hands softly.

He clicked it tongue and looked away. “I don’t want to play”

“You don’t have a say. Do it now for 15 times or you’ll stand under the scorching sun for half a day.” Finally he gave in a stood up, walking to the door again. I went back to my work while he walked back and forth, in and out of the room for 15 times. He thought I didn’t count since I was doing my work. He just finished 10 rounds and he sat down. “Done,” he smirked.

“Do I look like I was born yesterday? Do it 20 more times,” I said.

“Yah!!” he shouted, standing up. I looked up at him.

“Problem?” I asked. His jaw tightened and his fists clenched. After a few seconds of staring competition, he walked back to the door and continued with his rounds. I laughed out loud in my mind while I appear cool and professional on the outside. The secretary outside must be confused as to why the student was walking in and out of my office.

 

Finally he was done with his 35 rounds and I hope he remember what to do the next time he step into my office. “Tired?” I asked as he sat infront of me. He scoffed and looked away.

“So.. Jung Daehyun,” I said as I looked through his discipline records. He wasn’t really a troublemaker. Just a few latecoming, not doing homework, rude to teachers. Hah I’m way worse.

“You’re here because of your piercing am I right?” I said. He just ignored me and continued staring at me.

“You know you can’t have piercing in school right? It’s the school rules,” I said.

A smirked crept out of his face. “Then why can you have a piercing?” he asked. “Isn’t that like showing a bad example?” he said.

I know I wasn’t wearing any earring but the hole was obvious. I wasn’t the least bit affected. He thought he could get back at me? Nice try.

“Well actually this is a perfect example. I got this piercing and I was punished. You want to know with what?” Not bothering to wait for an answer, I continued.

“Hot. Boiling. Water. But not just the water. The teacher placed the metal kettle straight on my arm,” I said and showed him my arm that has a curve scar. I still remember how terrified I was when my discipline master wanted to burn my arm. I thought I was going to die. But I survived.

His eyes widened seeing the scar that is obvious from the punishment. “Count yourself lucky coz I’m not going to do that. I’m just going to pour the water on your arm. That’s better right?” I said sarcastically.

He still wasn’t giving in and pretended to be brave when obviously he had turn pale just by hearing my story. “Aren’t you afraid that I’ll complain to my parents and they can sue you for student abuse?” he said.

“What proof do you have that I’m the one who burned you?” I said. He looked around and found the camera at the top corner of the office.

“The camera records EVERYTHING,” he smirked proudly, pointing to the camera.

I scoffed. “How do you know if its working? How do you know if there are any recording tapes inside? For all you know, it might be just a prototype to scare students,” I said, leaning towards his face.

His cocky smile faded and he was trying so hard to look for a way out. Now you’re scared huh. Troublemaker my .

“Take out your studs” I demanded. He quickly took them out and place them on my palm. I placed it on my table and called for the secretary.

“Can you bring me a hot cup of coffee?” I said.

“Now?”

“Yes now. Make it fast and as hot as possible. Thank you,” I said and hung up. I looked at him and he was as pale as ghost. I raised an eyebrow, waiting for him to say something.

“M-mr Yoon. P-pl-please don’t d-do this. Pl-please..” he begged, almost crying. Cry? Seriously? What an embarrassment to the other troublemakers.

“Alright. I let you off this time. But you are to clean the field and sports store room for this whole week. Understand?” I said. He nodded frantically.

“If I ever see you with any studs or earrings on, I won’t hesitate to cover you with my hot coffee or tea. Whichever drink I’m holding at that time. Arasso??” I said. He nodded again.

“You’re dismissed,” I said, going back to my work.

“T-thank y-you Mr Yoon,” he said and scurried off to the door. The door opened before him and he jumped back seeing the hot mug of coffee that the secretary was holding. She looked at him confused and Daehyun just ran out of the office. I was trying really hard to hold in my laugh seeing him so scared.

“Your coffee?” she asked.

“Yeah. Put it here. Thanks,” I said gesturing to my table.

~

I was walking through the hallways, passing the classrooms and science labs when I heard a shrill of scream when I passed the gym. I took a step back to see what was going on in the gym. There stood Gikwang, surrounded by girls screaming like fangirls when he was lifting weights. He put down the weights and gave them his famous eyesmile. Don’t tell me this is the reason why he became the gym teacher..

He spotted me at the entrance of the gym and he smirked proudly. “Tch. Same old Gikwang,” I mumbled, rolling my eyes. The bell rang and I know gym period is over but the girls don’t seem to budge.

“Don’t you girls have lessons now?” I raised my voice firmly, shocking all of them as they turned behind. They scattered away as fast as lightning –maybe even faster- leaving the gym empty.

Gikwang laughed as I walked into the gym. “Its still so weird seeing you as a discipline master Dooj,” he said, fist pumping me.

“Its Mr Yoon during school time,” I corrected him. Not trying to be cocky but I don’t want any of students know that I can actually be cool and laid back. They won’t take me seriously when I discipline them.

“Oh my apologies Mr Yoon,” he said bowing slightly.

“So what brings you here?” he asked as we walked to the bench by the side where he placed his towel and bottle.

“Oh I don’t know.. maybe the sudden screams coming from the gym I suppose?” I said. He chuckled before gulping down his water.

“You’re popular in Cube High now huh?” I commented.

“You had your popularity in highschool now its my turn,” he laughed.

“Gosh.. I envy you Gikwang,” I said.

“You should envy your own bestfriend instead! He’s wayyy more popular than me. Then and now.”

“Junhyung?” I asked. He nodded. I chuckled slightly. Yeah I forgot he’s the popular one. But Junhyung didn’t like it. He said most people are only giving him pity because he only has one leg. The other is a peg leg but not like the pirate one. It looks exactly like a normal leg just that its not.

“But he don’t embrace being popular. Unlike you,” I said.

“I’m only making people happy by giving them what they want..” he smirked.

“What they want?”

“Yeah. They want attention from popular people like Junhyung but since he doesn’t like it, I’m giving it. Aren’t I a saint?” he said, blinking his eyes and looking up at me smiling innocently. I scoffed.

“Yeah. You’re such an angel..” I mocked him, laughing.

“Hey but why do you have to be jealous? You’re much more known than I am in Cube High during highschool,” he said, patting my back.

“Did you hear yourself? I’m much more known. Not popular. Known for the bad reasons,” I scoffed. I don’t really hate myself in the past but because of what I’m known for, I got expelled. And because of that I was tortured for 6 years in that hell on Earth my parents call school. I have no one else to blame but myself.

Gikwang puffed out his cheeks and nodded awkwardly. “Hey chill man. That’s the past. Now you’re different right?” he smacked my back playfully. I just smiled and nodded.

 

Comment & Subscribe pleeaaase ! :D