Six: On Rainy Days

Fall for you Again

Hyuna’s POV

It was raining heavily and I was stuck the bus stand near my apartment. This is why you should take a drivers’ license Kim Hyuna. I rubbed my hands together to gather some warmth because I didn’t even bring my jacket. What a bad start to the day. I wanted to call Junhyung but I remembered that he had called in sick because he had a very high fever. I guess I have to wait for a cab or the bus then. But where the hell is this bus??

Suddenly a black Jaguar pulled over infront of the bus stand. Its not Junhyung for sure. He drives a red car. I didn’t want to attract any unwanted attention so I didn’t even try to look who was inside the car.

The window reeled down and I took a slight peek. The driver looked from the drivers seat, towards me.

“Want a ride?” he said. My eyes widened. I couldn’t see him clearly because it was raining but that voice. That voice is no doubt… Doojoon.

I looked away, acting as if I didn’t hear him.

He pressed his horn. “Yah! Do you want a ride??” he shouted against the sound of the pouring rain.

If I don’t answer, he will keep on shouting. I turned hesitantly.

“Its okay! I’ll just wait for a cab,” I shouted back. The rain was getting heavier and raindrops are splashing into the bus stand. I’m going to be drenched even under this shelter.

“Do you want to get to school or not? Come on I know I’m no Junhyung but let me just send you to school. We’re going to the same place anyway..” he said.

I’m seriously not used to this new Doojoon. I just can’t trust him yet.

“If you don’t come in, I will drag you inside!” he said after waiting for my no reply.

I scoffed. “I dare you to!” I shouted and rolled my eyes.

He nodded annoyingly and turned to his car door and was about to open it. he’s really going to drag me inside.

“STOP! STOP!” I shouted. He turned back to me and raised an eyebrow cockily.

Urgh I’m going to regret this. I stood up, took my bag and walked towards his car. He opened the door for me from inside and I got in. I shivered feeling the cold air conditioner in the car. My eyes were focused to the front even though I know he’s looking at me. I saw his hand going to the buttons and lowered the level of the air conditioner.

“T-thanks..” I muttered.

He didn’t reply. Instead he took something from the backseat and put a thick cotton jacket over my shoulders.

“You’re shivering like a leaf. Are you okay?” he said. I pulled the jacket closer to my body and I nodded.

“If you didn’t come in just now, do you know that you can get sick? Do you want to get sick?” he said in a strict but caring tone. A tone only parents would use to their child.

I shook my head, looking down. I heard him sigh softly and he started the car. The whole journey was quiet with only the soft sounds from the radio.

“I heard Junhyung is sick..” he spoke as we stopped at a red traffic light. I just nodded.

“Do you want to visit him? Coz I am,” he said. I just bit my lower lip slightly. I really don’t know what to answer. Of course I want to visit Junhyung. But with Doojoon? Really?

“I’m not forcing you. If you want, then I’ll be waiting in my office at 5, when school ends. Just 10 minutes. If you’re not there, I assume you don’t want,” he said and started driving again.

We reached Cube High but the raining still has not subsided. He drove all the way to the carpark at the basement level and parked the car in one of the slots.

I took off the jacket and handed it to him. He looked at it.

“Its okay, just keep it for today. You might catch a cold in this weather,” he said and turned to the backseat to take his suitcase.

“Oh. Erm thanks..” I said awkwardly.

We got out of the car and I wore the jacket properly. It was quite big but very comfortable. I feel like I could sleep wearing that. As we walked to the elevator, I just realized something.

“Doojoon wait,” I stopped him, accidentally holding his arm. I let it go instantly when I realized.

“Erm I mean, Mr Yoon,” I corrected myself. He chuckled.

“If its just us, Doojoon will do,” he said.

I just nodded to myself. “Uh.. can you let me take the elevator first? You see.. the students.. erm..” I was trying hard to find the words but then he understands immediately.

“Ahh.. Yeah okay,” he said, nodding.

I smiled gratefully at him and thanked him. I got into the elevator, leaving him behind. In the elevator, I could smell his faint perfume on the jacket. Damn.. Why must he smell so good..?

 

6 years ago

I was on Junhyung’s back while he and Doojoon cycled home from school. It was raining and I was the only one holding the umbrella, sheltering me and Junhyung while he cycle. Doojoon on the other hand was really enjoying himself in the rain.

He sped up whenever he passed a puddle and would laugh heartily when the water splashed. What is he? A pre-schooler??

“You better not splash the water on me Yoon Doojoon. I’m wearing new shoes and I swear I’ll rip you apart if you get any mud or even water splashed on it,” I warned him. Junhyung just chuckled.

“Oooo I’m so scared..” he shuddered and rolled his eyes.

“Come on Junhyung! Cycle faster! Let her fall!” Doojoon laughed out loud. Junhyung just smiled and shook his head. I bet he also couldn’t believe how childish his bestfriend is. And by that, I meant Doojoon not me.

We reached my house and Junhyung stopped under a shelter to drop me off. The moment I stepped on the ground, Doojoon came skidding on a puddle near me as he came to a stop. Mud, water, every other dirt that was in the water splashed not only on my new shoes but also on my uniform and bag. The time kind of stopped as the two boys stared at me and my mouth hanged opened seeing the state I was in.

I slowly brought my head up, glaring hard at Doojoon infront of me.

“Oops,” he said, covering his mouth with his hand.

“YOU’RE DEAD YOON DOOJOON!!!” I shouted and launched for him as he dropped his bicycle and started running away.

I was stopped when I felt Junhyung quickly caught me from behind, hugging my waist. “Hyuna don’t! Stop!” he said.

“Let me go Junhyung! Let me kill that stupid jerk!!!” I shouted, struggling away from his strong grip.

“Its raining! You’ll get sick! Come on.. You can kill him tomorrow in school. Relax okay?” he tried to calm me down. Doojoon was already in the rain and when he saw me being stopped by Junhyung, he stuck his tongue out childishly.

“Pshh.. You’ll get it from me tomorrow!” I shouted. He danced around in the rain like some court jester.

I rolled my eyes and turned towards Junhyung. His arms were dirtied with mud because he hugged me. I looked at him sadly.

“Because of him you get dirty too..” I pouted and tried to clean off the mud on his arms. He chuckled.

“You got it worse Hyuna. Its okay, I’ll just bathe at home,” he said smiling.

“Yeah.. my shoes are ruined!” I whined looking down at my shoes. I’m seriously gonna kill Doojoon. I took weeks to save up money and buy these shoes..

“I’ll buy you another pair arasso?” Junhyung said, one side of my hair. I looked up and pouted at him.

“This was the last pair…” I was really holding it in but Junhyung could sense that I was about to cry.

“Aigoo don’t cry.. come here..” he said pulling me into a hug.

“I’ll buy you another pair that is way way better! You just show me one and I’ll buy it for you okay?” he said and he my back. I nodded on his chest. He pulled back after awhile and stared at his shirt.

He laughed. “Sowwiee..” I said, seeing his stained shirt.

“Gwenchana.. Go in and change your clothes. You’ll catch a cold if you wear this,” he said.

I nodded and waved at him as I got inside. I peeked from the window and saw Junhyung calling Doojoon and they cycled away.

 

Actually I didn't realised I've already typed a Chapter Five so I did this. Then when I realised, I have two different chapter fives. :P So just consider this as a double update! :D

tumblr_lw8nm7YaLZ1qcncqmo1_500.gif