Twelve: Carnival Day

Fall for you Again

 

I stepped into the school compound alone. From afar it can already be seen that the carnival had started. With all the decorations, music, and crowd, its impossible to miss it. It was a Saturday so everyone was allowed to wear informal home clothes including the students that are handling their booths.

The surroundings really brought me back to my highschool times 6 years ago. After that, I don’t even have any fun events unless you consider trying to sneak out from the school with your friends and getting punished afterwards, fun.

I thought of walking around the carnival with Junhyung but he’s one of the On-show community. I looked around for familiar faces that I have known in highschool.

I spot Gikwang by the booth where you have to knock down with a hammer and see how high the weight can go up. Of course, the girls are all crowding around, fangirling over his muscles and strength. Some things just never change.

“Hi,” I heard a familiar voice behind me.

I turned and was quite surprised that it was Hyuna. She was wearing a simple white fitting t-shirt with a light pink skirt. I smiled.

“Hi,” I said.

“You’re alone?” she asked.

“Yeah. I mean I’m new here. You?” I said.

“Most of my close colleagues are in the On-show community. So yeah I’m just.. here,” she chuckled slightly, tucking her hair behind her ear.

I nodded understandingly. “Do you maybe.. wanna walk around with me? You know only if you want to. I know you despise me.”

“Despise is a rather strong word. Dislike maybe?” she raised an eyebrow slightly. I chuckled.

“Yeah that could work too. So…” I trailed off, waiting for her reply. I bit my my lip slightly, hoping she would agree.

She swayed around for awhile, thinking. “Okay,” she said eventually. I had to purse my lips together to avoid from smiling too wide. We started off on the wrong foot when we first met. And we started off wrong again when we meet for the second time in the office. I’m willing to start right this time if she can give me a chance.

“Let’s go then?” I said and she just nodded, walking beside me.

“So.. should I call you Mr Yoon still?” she asked as we walked around.

“Oh no no.. You can call me Doojoon of course. It’s not really schooltime,” I said.

“Ah.. So, Doojoon of course, do you want to get something to drink first?” she asked as a smile crept out of her lips.

“Ha-ha very funny. Yeah sure. But since there are so many drink booths, you pick,” I said.

We went to a booth that sells fresh fruit drinks. Hyuna bought an apple orange mix while I bought watermelon lime. Students (I presume) turned to us when Hyuna laughed when I made a face because of the sour taste of my drink. I guess they were quite surprise that the most likeable teacher is actually hanging out with the Mr-No-Smile teacher.

“Is it weird that I’m walking with you?” I asked her as we walked off from the booth after buying a cotton candy each.

“Hm? I don’t think so. Why?” she said, the candy off her finger.

“People, student mostly, are looking at us as if we’re aliens that just landed on earth,” I said.

She laughed short. “And since when do you get paranoid? I think the only weird thing here is that we’re not fighting or arguing,” she said, smiling.

“True that..” I said nodding while ‘chewing’ on the cotton candy.

“Miss Kim! Would you care to buy one of our brownies?” a girl suddenly jumped infront of us with a tray of packed brownies. She grinned at both of us.

“Of course Jiyeon,” Hyuna smiled and took out her wallet for the coupons.

“Its okay I got it,” I said, placing a hand over hers and asked the girl how much two of the brownies cost.

I took out two coupons worth of $2 each from my jeans pocket and gave to the girl as she gave me two packets. As we walked away, I could hear the girl squealing with her other friends at the booth.

“Omg did you see that?? He’s so sweet!” one of the girls squealed and the others giggled along. To say I don’t feel the least bit proud, it’d be an obvious lie. But I didn’t do it to impress them or anyone. I just felt like paying it for Hyuna. So I did.

“Trying to impress the students?” she scoffed but smiled as she looked up at me.

I laughed. “No.. Trying to impress their favourite teacher,” I said, winking at her and sped up slightly, leaving her to catch up.

We played the games there and won some small prices. We made sure we didn’t get the big bears and stuff toys since its hard to move around with it. With a helium balloon tied around both our wrists and me holding Hyuna’s small teddy bear that she won and she’s holding a chicken tortilla.

I actually stopped in my tracks when I saw this one booth.

“The school actually allows this??” I asked, shocked.

“Allow what?” she asked, looking around.

“The booth right in front of you Hyuna,” I said, nudging my head forward.

“Oh!” she laughed when she saw the booth I was talking about. “Yeah.. They said it would be just a peck or two.. but I don’t think that’s the case now huh.”

The both of us stared at the booth where a guy behind the booth was kissing (more like snogging) the girl that was standing across him, outside the booth. There was another girl beside him. I’m guessing the have service for both guys and girls.

“Kids these days..” I said, shaking my head.

She scoffed. “Well I guess the school rather they earn something for the school by doing that then sneaking away in.. I don’t know.. some closet somewhere in the school to make out. At least this way they are helping with the carnival,” she said, obviously aiming her words at me. I cleared my throat.

“Is there any rules for this kissing booth?” I asked.

She shrugged. “I’m not sure. I guess there’s just an age range? And a specific duration?”

“Let’s ask,” I said, dragging her along, knowing she wouldn’t come along if I didn’t.

The last customer just went off, obviously cotented with the service she got. The students were quite shocked to see me and Hyuna there as if they did something illegal.

“Hi Miss Kim! Hello Mr Yoon!” the girl waved and smiled excitedly at us. The guy beside her just smiled and bowed slightly.

“So a kissing booth huh? How is it going?” I asked infromally.

“Its going good. Got a lot of support from the people here,” the guy said.

“So are there are rules or anything?” I asked.

“Only 17-30 years old are allowed. And maximum is 1 minute. It could be lesser, depends on us,” he explained.

“How can it be lesser? Looks?” I raised an eyebrow.

Both of them chuckled. “Maybe..” he said.

“Or just a plain bad kisser,” she added. I nodded. Hyuna just smiled and nodded all along when I was asking questions. I took a glance at her and then back at them.

“Can I try?” I said smiling, waving a coupon infront of them. Both of them stopped laughing abruptedly and stared at me with wide eyes. At the corner of my eyes, I could she Hyuna shot her head towards me. Oh come on Hyuna. You’re seriously shocked? Its as if you don’t know me.

I just stood there, waiting for their response. This should be good.

 

Hello~ First of all thank you so much for giving me hope with all your comments to tell me not to delete. I literally cry reading all of it and I've never felt so grateful. Really guys. Thank you sooo much. So for now I've decided to make this a weekly thing. As for now, Fall For You Again would be every Wednesday. I'll try to start again. Hopefully the thought of deleting won't cross my mind anymore. As for the rest of my fics, I don't know yet. But I'm sure now I'm not deleting this one. Thank you again. /hugs all of you tightly/ <333

tumblr_lv0wykcQky1r0sk8go3_500.gif