Eight: The Rooftop

Fall for you Again

 

The Present

Hyuna’s POV

The bell rang at 4.45pm sharp. My students started packing up and I was just sitting at my table, staring at nothing but air.

“Ms Kim? Are you okay?” Min asked. I looked up at she was standing beside me.

I smiled. “Yeah. I’m okay. Thanks for asking,” I said. She nodded and walked back to her table to take her bag.

“Bye Ms Kim!”

“See you next week!”

“Enjoy your weekends Ms Kim!”

The students waved goodbye and all excited and prepared for the weekends. I should be too if I’m not here thinking whether or not to follow Doojoon to visit Junhyung. Should I?

The classroom was empty within minutes. I glanced at the clock and its already 4.55pm. I sighed. Just go Hyuna. For Junhyung. Yes. For Junhyung.

I put all my things in my bag and walked out of the class. Just as I was about to turn, a student bumped into me.

“Oh Ms Kim! I was about to see you!” Jaejin said happily.

“See me? For?” I asked.

“You see the assignment you gave today.. I don’t think I can submit it by email tonight. I have some family issues at home and.. you know..” he looked on the ground.

“Please Ms Kim? I’ve never submitted any late assignments. Just this once?” he pleaded, looking at me.

“Arasso. When will you give me then?”

“Tomorrow morning for sure!” he beamed. I smiled and nodded.

“Thank you so much Ms Kim!! I promised it will be the first and the last!” He waved at me and ran off. I just shook my head to myself and start walking again. I glances at my wrist watch. Its already 5pm. I have 10 minutes to get there. I couldn’t make it right? Why not just go home? No no! For Junhyung! Junhyung!

I speed walked to the office after the small fight the voices in my head had. At the stairs, I met with Gayoon.

“Oh Ms Kim! I wanted to tell you about the preparations we have to do for the coming school carnival. You will be one of the teachers in-charge right?” she asked.

“Oh neh. But the head in-charge for this whole thing is Mrs Park right?” I said. End the conversation now Hyuna. You will be late if you don’t.

“Yup she is. I think we’ll be having another meeting sometime next week,” she said.

“Yeah I think so too. She will update all of us through emails perhaps. Erm I actually have to go now because I have a.. meet up,” I said apologetically. I would love to talk to her more. We’ve been so busy lately that we don’t have time to hang out.

“Oh yeah sure sure. See you next week!” she said and we went separate ways. I glanced again at my watch. 5.04pm.

I can’t run with high heels so I tried my best to walk as fast as possible to the office. Please no more interruptions.

Finally I reached the front of Doojoon’s office, panting. The secretary had already gone home. Well duh. Its Friday. Who doesn’t want to go home early? I took in deep breaths to calm my racing heart before knocking on the door. I was waiting for Doojoon to give the permission when the door suddenly opens.

Doojoon was standing there with his briefcase in hand.

“I thought you didn’t want to come,” he said.

“I was caught up with some.. issues. I’m not too late right?” I asked, unconciously biting my lower lip slightly.

 

Doojoon’s POV

I was trying my best not to melt down on my knees. This girl is pure evil. How dare she bite her lip like that? And why does she fit perfectly in my jacket? My god.. You’re killing me Kim Hyuna.

My face remained expressionless. “I guess not since I’m still here. Shall we go then?” I said calmly. She smiled and nodded. I went out of the office and locked the door.

We walked to the parking lot in silence. As we passed students and other teachers, heads turned and I can hear whispers here and there. Is it so weird I’m walking with the most likeble teacher in Cube High?

Finally we reached my car and as I sat at the driver’s seat, I find myself sighing. Have I been holding my breath from just now?

“Are you okay?” she asked.

“Hm? Don’t I look okay?” I asked.

“You’re sweating when the weather is really cold now,” she said. . I am? I just stared at the steering wheel, not knowing how to respond. By the corner of my eye I couldn see her taking out something from her bag. Seeing that she’s turning to me, I just looked to the front.

Slowly I felt a soft tissue paper being wiped on my forehead and the side of my face. My eyes widened slightly. . . Get your grip Yoon Doojoon. Get a grip!

 

Hyuna’s POV

I don’t know why I did what I did but I did it. He was sweating and maybe its just my instinct to wipe it because that’s what I always do for Junhyung. But this is Doojoon Kim Hyuna!

Its not that he was sweating continuously so its not that gross. I noticed him stiffened but I just ignored it. Its quite fun making him shocked instead of the other way round.

But after wiping, I didn’t know where to throw the tissue paper. I looked around, just hoping for a small rubbish bin in his car. I know its impossible though.

Suddenly he extended his hand out to me slowly, gesturing for me to give the tissue paper to him. “Thanks,” I said, placing it in his hand. He took it and put it inside his pocket. Its his sweat anyway.

“Thank you too,” he said. The car is not moving, we remained silent and everything else is just awkward.

“Are you sick?” I asked surprisingly. I was quite shocked seeing him sweating when it’s a cold weather. Well not unless he has fever.

“Ahni. The school just now was just.. hot,” he said. He finally started the car and we were on our way to Junhyung’s place.

He seemed a little bit more relaxed now with the sounds from the radio surrounding us in the car. “Hyuna,” he suddenly said.

“Yeah?”

“Is the rooftop still open?” he asked. Eh?

“Erm.. Yeah. But no one goes there anymore. Its like its being abandoned,” I replied. Why must you bring up this topic Doojoon…

“Then how did you know? That its being abandoned? You go there?” he smirked. Stop it.

“Junhyung goes there sometimes. He told me that its abandoned but still open,” I said. Yes I do go there okay. But don’t you expect me to admit that Yoon Doojoon.

“Oh..” he pouted slightly. We remained silent for the rest of the journey. The outside maybe be silent but it my mind images of the rooftop played in my mind let a video on replay. Familiar voices, actions,.. it seems as if I just went back in time 6 years ago.

I sighed as the replay come to an end. “Is something wrong?” Doojoon asked.

“Oh? Nothing. Just.. thinking,” I replied.

He chuckled. “About what happened at the rooftop the last time you were there?”

My eyes widened but I recovered quickly. “Huh? I don’t know what you’re talking about.”

“Sure you don’t…” he smiled. Just shut up Yoon Doojoon.

 

Hi!!! I miss updating this ficccc :( Well anyways.. there's no 'going back to the past' in this chapter but there's a mix of Doojoon and Hyuna's POV! :D

I hope to update this fic more often so I won't lose focus. :))

tumblr_m9oe0nJujs1qk8h0po1_500.gif

I LOVE HIS FANGS!!! I HAVE NO IDEA HOW MANY TIMES IVE STARED AT THIS GIF!!!!

HAPPY HOLIDAYS you!! <33