Sixteen: Just....bye

Fall for you Again

 

I was pacing back and forth in my room, glancing at my handphone on the bed for the last half an hour. Did she get my text? Will she call me back? Aish.. I should have just called her instead.

I sent a text to Hyuna’s number (which Junhyung gladly gave) and asked her to call me back. I was afraid that she was busy or something so I didn’t want to disturb her. That’s just an excuse and you know it. It’s Sunday night. Who would possibly be busy on Sunday night?

I was about to go to the kitchen to get a glass of water to distract myself when my phone rang. I literally jumped onto my bed and my phone almost fell off the bed if I hadn’t catch it on time. I quickly answered it before the ring ends.

“Hello?” I said, not realising that I was panting.

“Why are you panting?” she asked.

“I er… just came back from a night run,” I said trying to return my normal breathing. “So what’s up?” I slapped my forehead the moment those stupid words came out from my mouth. I can totally imagine her eyebrow arch when she heard my question.

“What’s up? Well I guess the run gave you amnesia huh..” she mocked.

I forced out a laugh. “Yeah I guess. But no I remember now. I texted you to call back.” Why does it seem like a very stupid sentence? I told you Kim Hyuna just have this power to make me sound so blur and stupid in a matter of seconds.

“Yeah.. So? What did you want to talk about?” She sounded so serious and has the come-on-talk-or-I’ll-hang-up-on-you tone.

I sat on my bed more comfortably and rest my back on the headboard. “Erm.. So.. You know Junhyung’s birthday is this coming week right?” I said.

“Yeah.”

“Well I kinda asked him what he wanted and…” I said, trying to put in some good suitable words.

“Mr Yoon, can you please talk faster?” she said clearly irritated.

“Oh don’t have to call me Mr Yoon. Its not like we’re in school,” I said, changing the topic for awhile.

“Yes okay. Doojoon. Talk. Faster.”

“Are you in a hurry? If you are then I’ll just-“

“Just talk!” she raised her voice.

“Junhyung wants to have dinner with the both of us okay??” I said in one go.

“That’s it? That’s what took you such a long time to say out?” she said.

“Erm… Yeah……” I scratch the back of my neck.

“Okay. Where?” she asked.

“That’s the thing. He wants both of us to plan it,” I said. She scoffed.

“Typical Junhyung…” I heard her mumble. “Well at least its just dinner. We’ll decide on a restaurant to go and then one of us will do the reservations. Easy.”

“Uh yeah. So where do you want it to be?” I said.

“We’ll both look up some of the finest restaurants and then get back to each other to decide on one?” she suggested.

“Alright. So.. when will that be?”

“2 days from now?”

I agreed and both of us hang up with just a simple ‘Bye’. No goodnight or ‘see you in school tomorrow’. Just.. bye.

 

6 years ago

“You called me for this??” Hyuna shouted at the other line.

“Junhyung didn’t come to school! Who else am I going to ask??” I retaliated.

“I thought you’re so popular? Where’s all your fans? Ask them!” she said. I huffed out in frustration.

“Can you just tell me what we are supposed to bring tomorrow? If you had told me what I asked from the start, you can already hang up by now,” I said.

“And since when does Yoon Doojoon cares about what to bring? I thought you never care about anything related to school,” she mocked. Aish can she just answer already?

“Because all I hear was ‘Those who didn’t bring, have to stand in the middle of the assembly ground for the whole day’. Now tell me!!!” I said irritated. I heard her snigger. I know she’s totally enjoying the fact that I sound so desperate.

“Well well… If you already know that, what makes you think I want to help you? Don’t you already know seeing you suffer is my most favourite sight?” She laughed out loud.

“Come on!!! Just tell me!! Or I’ll tell Junhyung!” I complained. I know complaining to Junhyung is Hyuna’s style of threatening but I got no other choice.

Suddenly there was silence. “Hyuna?? Yahh Kim Hyuna!!!” I shouted.

“Oh?.... Dooj-… think-…. phone-… hear-… “ I narrowed my eyes seeing that she was using my tactic. Pretending as if the reception was bad hence the breaks in between her sentences.

“Fine fine! Hang up! If I die on the assembly ground tomorrow, it’ll be your fault!” I said and slammed the phone down.

 

The Present

I chuckled at that memory when it was my first time calling Hyuna during highschool. In the end I did get punished and luck was not on my side when the day was especially scorching hot and the sun was like right above my head.

Up till now I don’t know if it was her own initiative (or guilt was just chewing her slowly) or that the teacher was the one who told her to do it, but she came down to the assembly ground during a break with a cup of water. I was about to take it from her but then she splashed it onto my face. I shouted at her and she ran away laughing her heart out. I was so angry with her although the water did make me feel better. But I was dying from thirst. As I was cursing her in my mind I glanced down and noticed a bottle of plain water placed infront of me.

It made me smile slightly but being the immature boy I was back then, I shouted at her retreating back (that was already far away) that I wanted Coke. 

 

Is it abit short? If it is, really sorryyyy~ I'll try to write more next time :/ 

tumblr_lq7ckejPbd1qzh5sno2_250.gif

Subscribe && Comment~