Seventeen: You look beautiful by the way

Fall for you Again

 

I was searching all over my room for clothes to wear that night. It was as if its my birthday instead. Eventually I settled with a plain black button down shirt along with a pair of black jeans. I’ve folded the sleeves up to my elbows neatly and styled my hair up like always. Although we decided on a going to an Italian restaurant to celebrate Junhyung’s birthday, Junhyung insisted not to wear something too formal but not too casual either. Well, anything for the birthday boy.

 

I took my wallet, phone and car keys and checked my reflection on the mirror for the last time before going out of the house.

 

We planned to take Junhyung from his house – mansion – with my car after I took Hyuna from her place. Once again, we’re going to be alone in the car. Yay…

 

I stopped infront of a building and called Hyuna to tell her that I’ve reached her apartment building. The call ended shortly with just a simple ‘ok’ from her. I told myself again and again to get used to it but I just can’t. I can’t help but feel that she’s only talking to me because of Junhyung. That… kinda hurts. How I wish we were still living in the past where her actions, her words, don’t matter to me. But now it does. Almost every single thing she do or say, matters.

 

Hyuna got down after a few minutes of waiting and I was really surprised by what she was wearing. Not the awe-struck kind of surprise but more like oh-my-god-we’re-breathing-the-same-air kind of surprise. She was wearing a black dress too. Black. We didn’t decide on any dresscode or color but yet she wear black too. I’m just hoping Junhyung would wear black also. Or not. I don’t know.

 

I snapped out of my daze when Hyuna knocked on the window on my other side angrily. The angry look on her face doesn’t suit her at all I realised. She pointed down to the lock, telling me to unlock the door so she could get in. Of course. Why are you so blur Yoon Doojoon??

 

I unlocked the car door or her side and she got in. She turned and glared at me.

 

“Do you want me to freeze outside??” she raised her voice. Before I could answer, she scoffed.

 

“Of course you want me to freeze outside. You’re Doojoon,” she said, rolling her eyes and facing the front. Ouch.

 

I sighed and faced the front, starting the car. “Why did you sit infront?” I asked.

 

“Can’t I?” she said.

 

“I thought you wouldn’t want to sit beside me,” I said, heading the car towards Junhyung’s place.

 

Shockingly, she just kept quiet. I’m not sure if she didn’t want to answer or she can’t be bothered to reply me anymore. I drove in silence until we reached Junhyung’s place.

 

We waited outside and Junhyung came walking out with – a white shirt on.

 

“Aw… Don’t you two look like you’re going for a date?” Junhyung smiled from ear to ear as he slide into the car at the backseat.

 

“No,” both of us said in unison.

 

Junhyung just laugh. “Maybe I shouldn’t follow…” he mumbled.

 

“We’re going out because of your birthday. A reservation made for you. If you didn’t follow, why are we going out then?” I said, turning behind.

 

Junhyung chuckled. “Maybe its my wish on my birthday to see the two of you go on a date.”

 

Now I wasn’t the only one who was glaring at Junhyung. Hyuna turned and gave Junhyung a death glare.

 

“Oh come on! I’m kidding! Let’s go!” Junhyung said laughing. The both of us turned at the same time and it startled me for a second at how close our faces are from each other. Just with that fraction of a second stop before the both of us turn back to the front made my heart beat faster than normal. Gosh you’re acting like a teenage girl Yoon Doojoon! Get a grip!

 

I breath out slowly trying to get my normal heartbeat and start the car. Both of us were quiet. Well the car would be as quiet as just now if Junhyung wasn’t there. Thank god he’s there.

 

“So! Where are we going?” he asked, leaning forward while resting his arms on the shoulder of our seats, looking at us.

 

“If you know, it wouldn’t be a surprise..” Hyuna said, tilting her head over to Junhyung. He just chuckled and shook his head.

 

“You look beautiful by the way,” Junhyung commented, looking at Hyuna dearly. Hyuna smiled in return and gave him a peck on the cheek. They are just friends Doojoon. Junhyung is yours and Hyuna’s bestfriend. Just friends. Junhyung said so too. I focused my attention on the road and reminded myself mentally not to ever glance to the side anymore.

 

“You look great yourself. But do you even have a time when you don’t?” Hyuna said.

 

Junhyung laughed. “Doojoon looks great too tonight right?” he said. I gulped, not expecting what she will answer.

 

“Yeah,” she said simply. “But you look better Jun.” She just had to say that, doesn’t she?

 

***

 

We got seated to our reserved table and ordered our food. The place was classy but not too formal. Even though it was a new but popular restaurant, the inside was not too packed to the extend that its uncomfortable. People usually make reservations first. For those who didn’t, well they are the ones lining up outside now.

 

Junhyung insisted that he sat the opposite both of us so that he can, I quote, ‘see my bestfriends clearly’. He can just turn for goodness sake if he sat beside me or Hyuna. But as usual, the birthday boy gets what he wants. Sometimes I wished Junhyung would just ask for a present instead of making us do things his way for tonight.

 

“You know I was thinking of going for a short getaway. Just us three. What dyou think?” Junhyung asked as we were eating.

 

I nodded. “Sounds great. Where do you plan to go?” I asked.

 

“Anywhere. But I was thinking more of a camping trip maybe? Or do you guys prefer a chalet by the beach?” he grinned at both of us. I chuckled. Even just thinking about it can make him happy.

 

We thought about it for awhile. “Chalet,” I said, not realising that Hyuna was saying the same thing at the same time. We turned to each other upon reflex and then turned back to Junhyung.

 

Junhyung laughed happily. “Ah.. It never gets old. The only difference is, you two are no longer pointing at each other calling the other  a copycat.”

 

“Why, do you want to see that too?” I mocked him since everything is going his way tonight.

 

“Well it wouldn’t hurt for a little show..” he said. Hyuna’s mouth hanged opened in disbelief.

 

But it will appear as fake and well… not real. So nah..” Junhyung added.

 

“So chalet it is! Should have known you two well enough to expect that answer. You two would never want to go camping. And I’m the one with the peg leg..” he chuckled to himself, shaking his head.

 

“It’s not that I’m not up for it. Its just that.. aren’t you tired? After teaching and handling students, don’t you want a getaway that you can relax?” Hyuna said.

 

“Hyuna Hyuna.. You do know that the word tired doesn’t exist in my dictionary right?” Junhyung said, smiling.

 

Hyuna rolled her eyes. “Ok so now both your bestfriends are forcing the word into your dictionary. Bigger than all the other words you know of.”

 

I smiled slightly. It was the first time – I think – that Hyuna admitted Junhyung has two bestfriends. That I’m one of the people other than her that Junhyung would listen to.

 

“Fine.. So I’ll look around for a great place to rest and just chill~” he said, finishing up his food.

 

“When are you planning to go on this…trip?” I asked.

 

“Holiday season is coming soon. So I guess… after christmas?” he said.

 

“Winter? And you still want to go camping? Seriously Junhyung?” I said.

 

He laughed. “I never thought it over I think. I know! I’ll find a log house chalet!” He’s so fast at changing the topic.

 

“Yes yes birthday boy. Now finish your birthday dinner and think about the plans later okay?” Hyuna said, tapping his hand gently.

 

Junhyung just grinned and finished up his food. I turned slightly to look at Hyuna, which by coincidence, she was doing the same. We just smiled slightly at each other and waited for Junhyung to finish his food. We had already finished ours since Junhyung stopped eating abruptly when he was thinking about his getaway.

 

***

 

tumblr_lt385cJIBU1qzh5sno2_500.gif

I CHANGED MY NAME!! Heeee~ Well for those who have read My Angel would see this for the second time. :P

I just wanna reassure you that its still me. I'm still the same... but with a different name.. Yeah that's all ^^

Subscribe && Comment!