Fifteen: Don’t have to get all emotional now

Fall for you Again

 

The Present

“A party? New shoes? New pen? Anything??”

Junhyung chuckled as I list out the possible presents that he may want. I know he has everything but who doesn’t want anything on their birthday? Even if they are already adults. Junhyung is never going to make my life easier by saying ‘Having you back is enough for me’. Like, who the hell says that??

“I’ve told you Doojoon. Nothing okay,” he said smiling.

“Dude, I’ve missed your birthday for like 6 years and you’re still wearing this! Didn’t Hyuna get you anything better?” I said as I raised his arm to eye level with his charm bracelet hanging over his wrist. I can’t believe he’s still wearing it.

He laughed. “What’s wrong with it? I like it,” he said, admiring the bracelet.

“At least let me buy you lunch? Or dinner as well? Please?” I said. Fortunately it was the weekends and I was at his place just, slacking. Well for me at least. Junhyung never learns how to slack. He just have to do something beneficial.

He sighed and put is arm down. “Okay. One dinner. With Hyuna,” he said.

“Okay I set reservations for two and you two can go on a date,” I said, pretending not to know what he actually mean.

He laughed out loud. “No… One dinner. You, me and Hyuna,” he said.

“Why must you do this to me Jun…. Like seriously…” I whined. There’s something wrong with this boy.

“Why not? I mean I made you shop with her the last time and it seems fine to me. Plus, you guys don’t hate each other anymore right? Why not let the love bloom again?” he smirked.

“What you mean ‘again’? Since when has it started?” I raised an eyebrow and leaned back on the couch.

He scoffed. “Yeah right. You can fool anyone but me Yoon Doojoon. Don’t tell me you forgot that you asked me first before asking her to meet you at the rooftop?”

I shut my eyes. “Urgh just shut up bro. Just shut up,” I said and covered my face with a small pillow beside me.

“If I really do, don’t you come begging for me to talk,” he said. I threw the pillow aside and hugged him tightly by the side.

“No no no! I take my words back! Talk Junhyung! Okay talk! Don’t ever stop talking. Talk talk!” I said, trying to open his mouth.

He ended up laughing his heart out and pushed me away. “You’re a discipline master! Act like one!”

“I don’t remember this house being Cube High. As far as I know this is the Yong’s residence,” I said blurly.

“Aish you…” he narrowed his eyes and turned back his attention on his laptop.

“So what about it?? Dinner??” I said expectanly, tugging on his arm.

“I said okay! But the three of us!” he shouted back. “Oh and you and Hyuna plan where to go.” He grinned widely as if he had accomplished something big.

“I don’t even have her number!”

“I’ll give you her number!”

“What if she’s busy?” I protested.

“Then wait till she’s free!”

“Your birthday will be over by then!”

He took awhile to just laugh gladly to himself. “She’s my bestfriend Doojoon-ah.. Not trying to brag, but she’ll never miss my birthday.”

“Yeah I know… Unlike me..” I mumbled. I know I had a good reason for missing 6 of his birthdays but I just can’t get over it.

“Ayyee you had a reason. The first 18 years of my life, you never missed a single one. Besides, its just a birthday. If I’m 4 or 5 years old, of course it matters. But we’re adults now,” he said.

“Birthdays still matters to me. If it wasn’t for that date, you will not be born and I wouldn’t have any bestfriend,” I said seriously. My own birthday is not important though. Like my father always say, he’d rather have me not born.

“Okay okay don’t have to get all emotional now..” he patted my shoulder, smiling.

“So dinner. 19 December. You, me and Hyuna,” he stated.

I just nodded and he went back to his work. After some time, a question just happened to pop into my mind.

“Junhyung-ah..”

“Hm?” he responded without looking away from his laptop.

“Have you ever fallen for Hyuna? You know.. people say a girl and a guy can never be just friends,” I said.

“Yes, its true they can never be just friends. I don’t see her as a friend anymore. More as a sister. And to answer your question, no I haven’t,” he said and looked over his shoulder to give me a small smile and back to his work.

“Has she?” I asked.

He chuckled. “Why do you want to know?”

“Just… curious,” I shrugged.

He just smiled to himself. I gave him sometime but it seems liekhe wasn’t saying anything. I was about to ask again when he spoke.

“Yeah she confessed to me before. But not directly,” he said.

“When?” I asked curiously.

“About 3-4 years after you went away?” he said while typing on his laptop.

“Can I know?” Fine I’m nosy. Junhyung should have already known this about me.

He laughed slightly. “Hold on. Let me finish this,” he said. I waited patiently and once he was done, he leaned back on the couch.

“What do you want to know?” he smiled.

“How exactly did she so called confess?”

“Well to cut the story short, when we were in college, a girl asked her to pass a love letter to me. You know Hyuna is the type who’s trustworthy right? If she said she’d pass it, she’ll do it. But because she’s taken over by her emotions..” he laughed. “She tore it up into pieces.”

“But then she felt guilty and tried to tape back the letter and gave it to me.”

“I asked her why she tore it up and she just kept quiet. I thought she was scared that I’ll leave her if I started dating but then she said she know I would never do that. Then she said she see me more than a bestfriend and maybe a brother too,” he added. So that’s her answer if the teacher hadn’t heard her scream huh..

“How did you turn her down?” I asked.

“I asked her since when and she said she’s not sure. I told her that she should re-think and re-feel. Maybe its just an infatuation,” he said. Re-feel? Gosh Junhyung. The words you use..

“Why didn’t you believe its real love?”

“I know her too well Doojoon. And I know something else that no one else knows,” he said.

“What is it??” My eyes widened.

He laughed. “That, you can never know my friend. Just like how some things that you tell me.. I won’t tell a single soul including Hyuna.”

I sighed. Yeah should have expected that form the loyal Yong Junhyung.

“So was it? Infatuation?” I asked.

He nodded. “Uh huh.. It didn’t ruin our friendship though. That was indeed.. fortunate. You know how these confessions can ruin precious friendships.”

I nodded. So it means… she’s not falling for Junhyung anymore? Can I be so sure?

“So that’s about it! Remember, dinner only. I don’t want any presents. And plan it with Hyuna!” he said abruptly, smiling widely.

 

Sorry this came abit late. But I still updated before Wednesday! So enjoy! :)) Its 2.20am here and I slept late just to finish this. Gosh I'm drained! But its worth it :)

Subscribe && Comment! ^_^

tumblr_lvyw0sUypm1r35nvu.gif