Nineteen: Children on the naughty list don’t get good presents

Fall for you Again

 

Triple update! ^^

 

Doojoon stared at the box on his table blankly. He would rather not get a present or maybe just a half-hearted card than something made with so much effort just to make it the worst present ever.

 

“Do you want to read the card?” Junhyung asked. He laughed at first because the sight itself amuses him but seeing that Doojoon got serious he stopped. He was a little confused as to why it bothered Doojoon so much. He’s rich and can get everything he wanted. Why does a y present affects him?

 

Doojoon sighed and leaned forward to see how deeply drowned the small card was in the box of honey syrup. With a straight face, he dipped his hand into the box and reached to pull out the card that was already soggy. He opened it carefully so that it won’t tear and he could read it. Not because he treasured that small thing.

 

Children on the naughty list don’t get good presents

 

Doojoon clicked his tongue and threw the card on the table. He leaned back on his chair and breathe in deeply. He was burning with anger and he don’t know why. Probably because he agreed with what had been said in the card but he didn’t want to accept it.

 

Junhyung glanced at his bestfriend and took the card on the table. He read it and placed it back on the table.

 

“Oh come on. Just forget about this whole thing. Ice cream later? My treat,” Junhyung said, trying to comfort him. Ice cream is only used to comfort children but for Doojoon, he’s never too old for ice cream treats. Doojoon’s face softened slightly and nodded.

 

Junhyung leaned forward and tapped on Hyuna’s shoulder. She looked over her shoulders timidly and looked at Junhyung. “We’re going for ice cream later ok?” Junhyung said, smiling.

 

Hyuna just smiled and nodded, trying to cover the guilt that was written all over her face.

 

The whole day ended quietly for Doojoon. He didn’t mutter a word eversince he got the present. He was not so affected by the present anymore. Instead he’s trying to figure out who would give him such a present. Of course he bring trouble and messes around with people. But as far as he knows, no girl hated him. So it had to be a guy. But if a guy hated him, he wouldn’t do such detailed present to make it the worse present ever. No guy is that hardworking. That’s just mean one thing. She’s a girl and she obviously hates him.

 

The next day was their last day of school before they went on a long christmas holiday. Junhyung and Doojoon went to their lockers as usual in the morning. Hyuna didn’t go to school with them that morning because she said she was called up to do something important in school early in the morning.

 

Doojoon opened his locker lazily and there was a big envelope along with another small envelope on top of it. Being the usual blur Doojoon, he didn’t even question how did the big envelope got into his locker if the person that put it in doesn’t know his locker passcode.

 

He took out the bigger one first and what was held in his hand was a big sketch of him an Junhyung together. It was a very detailed sketch that it looked almost like a photo taken.

 

“Woah..” he breathe out. Junhyung who was standing beside him took a peek and he too was mesmerized by the sketch.

 

“What’s in the other envelope?” Junhyung asked, snapping Doojoon out of his gaze from the sketch. Doojoon took out the paper from the smaller envelope and read it. It was a letter.

 

“Its too long. You read it,” Doojoon said, giving Junhyung the letter.

 

Junhyung laughed. “What? Its your letter. If you’re lazy, bring it home and read it as your bedtime story.”

 

Doojoon sighed and fold the letter back into the envelope. “Fine. Let’s go,” he said, leaving the sketch in his locker but kept the letter in his backpocket.

 

When both of them was about to enter the classroom, they bumped into Hyuna who was walking from the opposite direction.

 

“Oh! Morning!” Junhyung said, smiling at her. Hyuna returned his smile and when her eyes accidentally met Doojoon’s she quickly looked away and went into the classroom. Junhyung didn't find anything suspicious and Doojoon was just not bothered to care about anything. Both of them followed her into the classroom.

 

***

 

After school Junhyung and Doojoon cycled back home with Hyuna sharing a ride with Junhyung. It was a typical day but Hyuna and Junhyung was exceptionally happy since it was the last day of school. Doojoon hates school but it was the only time he could be with his friends and at least the teachers pay attention to him when they scold him for not paying attention.

 

Holidays for Doojoon meant staying at home, trying to find friends who are free to go out with. His parents are always busy even during holidays. Most of the years, they don’t even sit around the table to have dinner together even if its Christmas.

 

“Can we not go home now? Maybe walk around the mall?” Doojoon suggested.

 

Junhyung looked over his shoulders as if to ask Hyuna. “I can’t. I have to help my parents with the dinner and decorations.”

 

Doojoon pouted slightly and just simply nodded. “Bro?”

 

“My parents are going for christmas shopping but you’re always welcomed to join us!” Junhyung said trying not to show his symphathy too obvious. When Doojoon is stucked at home alone even for Christmas with all the maids and butlers around him, Doojoon would always stay over at his place and have dinner there instead. His parents had already treated Doojoon and Hyuna just like their own children seeing how close they are with Junhyung.

 

“Nah its okay. I guess I’ll just play some games at home,” Doojoon replied, forcing out a smile. Junhyung and Hyuna are used to Doojoon being this way during holidays. Which is why no matter how much Hyuna hates him, if Junhyung wanted to go out for awhile to accompany Doojoon and had asked Hyuna along, she would come. She can’t someone imagine being at home all alone during festive seasons.

 

**

 

Doojoon threw his bag somewhere in the living room and chucked his shoes somewhere at the corner. He jogged upstairs, ignoring the calls from his maids asking if he wanted to eat.

 

Upon reaching his room, he slammed the door close and collapse down onto his bed. He stared at the ceiling for awhile and he suddenly remembered that he has not read the letter he got in the morning.

 

He sat up and unfolded the letter that was already half crumpled in his pocket.

 

Hey its your Secret Santa. You must be angry or maybe sad about your present right? Well firstly, I’m not sorry for giving you that sticky honey card. You read the message inside right? Actually people on the naughty list are not supposed to get presents even. But you got one, so be grateful.

But I realised soaking your card in honey was a bit too far. I should be in the naughty list too for doing that. However I got a really wonderful present from my Secret Santa. I feel guilty for doing something bad and still get a great present.

I’m not as rich as you to buy you something expensive. All I can do is that sketch of you and your bestfriend. I hope you treasure it like how you treasure your friendship with Junhyung. Everyone deserves a second chance and I used it to give you a better present. I hope you use your second chance to be be a nicer person so you won’t end up in the naughty list next year.

Merry Christmas Yoon Doojoon!

 

Doojoon smiled reading the letter. Somehow he could already figure out who his Secret Santa was. She’s the only girl that he know of that would do something bad and would regret it immediately. She’s too nice and pure to do something bad. Even if she wanted to take revenge on someone, she wouldn’t have the heart to and eventually forgets about it.

 

And she’s also the only girl that would know Junhyung and his face so well to be able to sketch it out without needing a reference photo. Because as far he remember, he and Junhyung had never taken such a nice and proper photo after they had past their period of being toddlers.

 

***

 

Yay! So I've finally fulfilled my promise of making three updates this week :)) Hope you guys enjoy it!

Subscribe & Comment! ^^

Btw did you guys see Hyunseung's new blonde hair? :O but I think it suits him! :)) And that Yoon leader.. Goshh I wish he would stop cutting his hair shorter making me fall for him more and more..... MONSTAR IS NEXT WEEK!! <33

tumblr_m6cu0yBVyK1r7mqq6o1_500.gif