Fourteen: Because I’m precious like a diamond

Fall for you Again

 

6 years ago

“Tell me again why am I doing shopping with you?” Hyuna grumbled as she dragged her feet beside me.

I rolled my eyes. “And here I thought you were fighting with me to be the best bestfriend for Junhyung.”

“Don’t you remember, he said if we want to get him the best birthday present ever, he want it to be shared by both of us. No matter what the present is,” I said.

For the first time, me and Hyuna are walking around the shopping mall alone. No Junhyung. 19 December is coming and I wanted to get Junhyung the best birthday present ever. But since sharing-with-Hyuna needed to be included for it to be the best birthday present, well here I am. Stuck with her.

She sighed heavily. “Why not I search for the present and say that its from the both of us? And you can go home! You know like you always do for schoolwork. Saying that you did it when you actually paid someone to do your work for you,” she mocked.

I raised an eyebrow and turned to her. “This is Junhyung’s present. I would do anything for him and that includes going shopping with you. If you can’t stand being with me for a day even for Junhyung, then well, you’re free to go.”

She scoffed. “Don’t act like you’re the better bestfriend. And I-“

“Well good then. Now let’s just stop your blabbering and continue looking for his present,” I said, walking off first. Sometimes I seriously don’t understand how Junhyung can stand her. I can’t even walk with her without quarelling!

We went to shops after shops, looking for watches, shades, anything that we think Junhyung might like. But since Junhyung is such a young master, he already has everything.

Among all the three of us, Junhyung is the luckiest. His parents are rich and dotes on him. My parents are rich but they care more about their work than me. Hyuna’s parents are average but they shower her with all their love. So in all, we balanced out each other.

“Should we like make him something instead? He basically have everything in this whole shopping mall..” I whined.

“You mean like customized?” she said.

“Yeah whatever it’s called,” I said, couldn’t be bothered to use the proper term.

“So what do you have in mind?” she asked. Wow she’s actually asking for my opinion?

“Erm… Something that can have his name on it?” I said. Okay I admit, I am stupid.

“Like duh…” she rolled her eyes. “Do you have anything in mind or not? If not, we can brainstorm for an idea now.”

I nodded dumbly. Sometimes I can think of a very smart comeback but sometimes Hyuna have this power to just make me feel dumb and just follow her lead.

We bought a drink each and sat down at some benches placed in the mall. She took out her usual notebook and pen and started writing some things down while sipping casually on her chocolate drink. I tried to peek but then she looked up, startling me slightly.

“So we must have a basic idea and we can start from there. What does Junhyung loves the most?” she asked.

“Me!” I grinned.

“I said what. Are you a thing pabo?” she said, rolling her eyes.

I pouted slightly and frowned at her but as always, she doesn’t seem to care.

“He loves music. And anything related to it,” she said, writing on her book.

“Should we get him a charm bracelet?” I said suddenly and happy that I came out with a not-so-stupid idea.

“I thought that’s only for girls?” she asked.

“Really? Then we make it manly for him!” I smiled from ear to ear.

She thought about it for awhile, nodding unconciously. “But will he wear it?” she asked.

“You really need to ask that? Remember your failed attempt to bake him cookies but he still ate it coz you made it for him?” I smirked.

“And your failed attempt to fix his bicycle which looked very much unsafe to ride but he still rode it and broke his arm? And he still say its okay??” she added.

“Well I’m not the one who is unsure whether he will wear it or not…” I mumbled.

“Whatever. So the point here is that Junhyung would wear it no matter how horrible it is so we have to make it nice. So as to not embarrass him for wearing a horrible thing,” she said.

We went around to look for a shop that sells keychains and other customised things such as the charm bracelet. This shopping mall is the biggest mall in town so it was quite impossible for it not to have such a shop. Finally we found the shop although our legs were aching by the time we found it.

We quarelled for quite sometime on what to put on the bracelet since there can only be 5-7 charms on it. Finally we decided on a musical note, keyboard that looks more like a piano, a number 8(Junhyung’s favourite and lucky number), a sword and an infinity sign. Those are what we assume represents Junhyung. We chose one each to represent ourselves. I picked a football and Hyuna picked a diamond.

“Why are you a diamond?” I snorted.

“Because I’m precious like a diamond!” she said proudly. I made gagging sounds and got a hard smack on my back.

“I’m sure you’re the only one that thinks that way,” I said as we were walking out of the shop after paying.

“Junhyung thinks so too! He said it himself!” she pouted and tried to defend herself.

“Psh. I bet he’s just saying that so you won’t cry like a baby,” I said.

She gasped. “You take that back! I do not cry like a baby!” she pointed at me angrily. She had stopped walking and when I looked behind, she was crossing her arms, pouting excessively expecting me to ‘take my words back’.

“Aww baby gonna cwy? I said and pinched her cheek as if she was a newborn. She slapped my hand away and glared at me.

“No oppa here is gonna comfort you.. Too bad!” I laughed and she ran after me, punching my arm and back. Just not the face please.

“And no one to stop me from killing you now!!” she shouted, punching me like a punching bag.

“Ow ow! This is bullying! Physical bullying!” I complained, trying to shield myself from her punches.

She continued punching and hitting me as I ran away from her until we reached the exit of the shopping mall. The sight outside of the mall made us stop abruptly.

“Damn.. Its raining so heavily!” I commented. People were running through the streets to get to a shelter or to their cars.

“I didn’t bring my umbrella!” Hyuna whined beside me.

“Oh come on.. Its just water. Let’s run!” I said excitedly.

“What about this?” she asked, pointing to the paper bag containing Junhyung’s present. The box and bag was quite small and I was wearing a big jacket. I took it and easily hid it inside my jacket. “Okay when the green man lights, we run okay?”

After about a few seconds, the red man changed to green and I was about to run when I saw that Hyuna was still unsure and stay rooted to the ground.

“Aishh..” I cursed under my breath and took her hand. I ran quickly, dashing passed the road just like some others that did the same to get to the next building where the subway is connected to underground. Hyuna screamed when I took her hand and dragged her but she had to keep up or she’ll fall.

I laughed as we reached the shelter seeing how drenched both of us were. I shook my hand through my hair to dry it slightly but Hyuna was drenched. But she would be even more drenched if I hadn’t pulled her along. She’s a slow runner.

“That was fun!” I said.

“Easy for you to say! You’re not that wet!” she pouted angrily.

“Ayeee.. There’s going to be wind in the train. You’ll dry soon,” I said simply and started walking into the building.

 

So sorry I didn't update yesterday! Was so caught up with many things yesterday. So many news, so many photo teasers...  Have you seen 4Minute teaser photos? DAEBAK! :DD

Anyway, to make it up to you guys, I'll do a double update but maybe tonight or tomorrow morning :))

Subscribe && Comment! <33

tumblr_lvkzj9x2H41qlfhwfo1_r1_500.gif