Three: His-story

Fall for you Again

Junhyung’s POV

I knocked on Doojoon’s door and entered his office. Doojoon looked up from his stack of papers and smiled widely when he saw me.

“Hey man! Come in come in!” he said excitedly. I smiled and closed the door. He stood up to give me a brotherly hug and I sat opposite him.

“Give me a minute yea?” he said as he was writing quickly on some papers.

“Wow. I’ve never thought I would see you this busy man..” I said. Doojoon really changed a lot. But he still acts the same way around me. It’s just that around other people especially the students, he would be firm and strict.

“Ohhh…kay! Done!” he said and grinned at me. I just chuckled. Is this the same Doojoon that made the speech yesterday? I’m not really sure.

“So are we having lunch today?” I asked with much hope.

He nodded happily. “I’m not that busy today so I guess lunch would be okay. Is Hyuna coming along?” he asked, not stuttering one bit.

“Nah. She’s busy with completed assignments today that she needs to mark. Why? Do you want her to come?” I smirked.

He laughed. “Ahni. That would be better actually coz I have so many things to tell you man,” he said.

“So do I. Shall we go now?” I said. He nodded and took his things before we head out. We went to a diner quite far from Cube High so that we won’t be spotted by any students. If students were to see how Doojoon is with me, they would not take him seriously in school.

 

While waiting for our order, we started chatting but I started first with the question that had been in my mind for years now.

“Hey where did you go man?” I asked feeling quite sad remembering the day he got expelled.

“Where? I’m right here! Hello??” he said, knocking my head slightly, chuckling.

“Ha-ha. Very funny. You know what I mean..” I said.

His laughter faded and he looked down on the table. “My dad sent me to Japan. The school there was ing strict and it felt that I was in the military!”

“Seriously??” My eyes widened. He nodded and pouted slightly.

“He said he can’t stand me anymore. The teachers there.. gosh.. Since parents who send kids there are the ones who had already given up on them, the teachers know we can’t complain. When we don’t do something right, they hit us, kick us, sometimes even burn us. Not as a whole but just you know.. the hands or legs.. with hot water.” He showed me some of his scars of cuts and burns. Even though it has already healed, it still looked horrible and I can almost feel his pain.

“Its horrible there Jun. But at least they aren’t biased. They hit us only when we’re wrong. They treat us all the same. No one is special,” he said. I know what he’s getting at so I just nodded.

“So is that why you changed so much? You breathe and live discipline?” I . He chuckled knowing I quoted his words.

“Yeah. The discipline there is damn strict. I’m not going to do what I experience there at Cube High though. Just straighten up some discipline coz I don’t think Gina is strict enough..” he said. I nodded in agreement. I’ve seen how Gina disciplines the troublemakers. She’s too…gentle.

“So! What did I miss while I was away? I didn’t even get to see you graduate…” he pouted.

I chuckled at his kiddish actions. “Let’s see.. You missed a whole 6 years of being with me!” I said, pretending to be angry.

“Yah.. It’s not that I wanted to..” he said looking down.

“I know I know.. But cmon man, do you really expect me to tell you everything that has happened for the 6 years you were gone?” I asked.

He laughed awkwardly. “Yeah I guess not. I just want to get back in your life again Junhyung ah.”

“You were never out of my life Doojoon. Out of sight, but not out of mind,” I said.

He cringed at my words. “Are you still straight? If not, uh..”

“Of course I am! Gosh..” I said sternly but laughed along with him.

The food came soon after and we continued chatting while eating. Suddenly it occurred to me to ask him something.

“Doojoon-ah..” I said.

“Hmm?” he looked up with his mouth full.

“What did you say to Hyuna in the office?” I asked, tilting my head.

A smile crept out of his lips and he swallowed his food before chuckling softly. He took the handkerchief beside his plate and wiped his mouth carefully as he looked up at me. I just waited patiently.

“Why? Did she say something to you about what I said to her?” he asked, smiling.

I eye him suspiciously. “She said you wanted revenge. But come on. I know you’re not like that.. right?” I said.

He laughed heartily and some heads turned looking at our table. Realizing he was a little too loud, his laugh faded and apologized to the other customers. “What’s so funny?” I asked.

He sighed happily, still smiling at me. “She’s still the same Hyuna six years ago isn’t she?”

“But since when is she afraid of me? Six years ago, she wouldn’t care what I say to her. My words are just meaningless for her. Actually I was just teasing her and she took it seriously?” he said, shaking his head.

“I guess so. Tell me exactly how you ‘teased’ her Doojoon,” I said, sounding slightly like a counselor trying to get as many information as possible so that he can solve the patient’s problem. Well I can be considered the same though. I’m the counselor and Hyuna is my paranoid patient.

He told me everything from start to end. When he ended, he was already laughing till tears were flowing down his cheeks.

“Are you still stuck in the highschool era?? You’re a grown man! With a serious job! And you’re still going around teasing people?” I said feeling a little agitated that he had scared Hyuna just because he was teasing her. But its like he said. Since when is Kim Hyuna afraid of Yoon Doojoon? Since she thought she got him expelled? Or is it that she knows Doojoon is a strict discipline master, he wouldn’t be teasing her like a child?

“Yeah I’m a grown man but when I saw you and her again, my mind and heart just went all the way back to highschool.” He sighed. “Those times…”

I guess I couldn’t blame him for the tough life he had been living for the past six years. I just sighed.

“Okay fine I don’t blame you. But you have to tell her. Coz I doubt she can focus on her teaching if this thing keeps lingering in her mind,” I said. He hesitated at first but eventually agreed.

 

“Hey have lunch with us tomorrow?” I said to Hyuna as we were walking into the school. I’m not actually asking her. More like telling her that she is having lunch with us tomorrow.

“Huh? Who’s…us?” she said warily.

“Come on.. My two bestfriends of course! You and Doojoon!” I smiled widely, ignoring her shocked plus scared expression.

“No no no. Hell no Yong Junhyung. What are you trying to do, feeding me to the lion??” she said with wide eyes.

“He’s fine. Just a losing a few screws up his brain but other than that, he’s fine!” Hyuna looked at me as if I just said pigs can fly. I just laughed it off.

“Whatever your answer is, you’re still coming. I will tie you up on a chair blindfolding your eyes if I have to.” I smiled happily and walked ahead of her.

“I’m not going!” she shouted behind me sending a few students to look at us.

 

“Doojoon, don’t you have something to say to her?” I said slowly. the three of us were sitting at a table in the diner me and Doojoon had gone to 2 days before. It was awkward when the both of them saw each other but of course, it just brings me back to highschool days.

Doojoon cleared his throat. “Erm.. yeah.” Hyuna didn’t even look up when Doojoon started explaining that he was just teasing her and he didn’t mean any harm. But he did mean it when he said he’s going to give justice and equality that the school doesn’t have.

“Forgive me ne?” he said casually. After he ended, we were both looking at Hyuna curiously. She brought her head up slowly, glaring at Doojoon.

“So it’s a joke? Scaring me, teasing me like that,.. You think its funny Doojoon? I thought for once you had grown up after so many years.” She scoffed and rolled her eyes.

“Evidently you haven’t. Still the same Yoon Doojoon I knew back then.” She stood up and poured the cold ice water on Doojoon’s head, drenching him from head to waist. Doojoon’s jaw dropped and I was just too speechless to say anything.

“Now you’re forgiven. .” With that, Hyuna stomped out of the diner.

“Uh.. you get napkins or something. I’ll go after her,” I said, rushing out of the diner.

I looked around the parking lot and saw Hyuna walking towards my car. “Hyuna! Yah Kim Hyuna wait up!” I shouted as I ran after her.

She stopped and turned to me, frowning. As I reached her, I was already panting. “Are you mad at me?” I asked as I slowly catch my breath.

She pouted with her eyebrows still furrowed and shook her head.

“I’m sorry..” I said, holding her hand.

“Its not your fault. Why are you apologizing?” she said, looking down.

“I don’t know. I guess I’m doing for my bestfriend’s behalf?” I pursed my lips, looking at her innocently. She swung our hands side to side as she remained silent.

“I can’t believe he did that,” she mumbled. I smiled slightly and tilted my head to look at her face.

“He’s Yoon Doojoon. What do you expect?” I said.

“Tsk” was all she respond.

I managed to drag Hyuna back to the diner although she’s still sulking. Doojoon was still there, sitting at our table still quite wet.

“Hey..” I started, placing a hand on his shoulder. He looked up and turned to Hyuna.

“So am I really forgiven?” he asked. This was quite shocking. Scratch that. Extremely shocking. Doojoon would have shouted right now like he always does in the past.

I glanced at Hyuna and she nodded. “Then I guess.. its worth getting drenched,” he replied and smiled.

 

Hyuna’s POV

He’s not angry? He’s smiling even? I mean of course! He’s the one who’s at fault. I really can’t believe I got fooled again. Just like highschool. Six years not enough to change a man fully I guess. But he did change. Although not totally, but he changed in one way or another.

Junhyung drove Doojoon back to his apartment to get a change of clothes before going back to school. I really should have kicked his shin or punch his face instead of pouring water on his head. At least it would serve as a reminder never to tease me again. But knowing Doojoon, I don’t think he can ever stop his shenanigans.  

 

WELCOME NEW READERS!! Please don't be a silent reader. :( I won't bite, really. 

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASEE LEAVE A COMMENT ! ^^v

Its a new story so I want to know how is it so far. So i really need feedbacks. :)