3

Heart of Ice, Jung Taekwoon

Jung Taekwoon

Eversince the incident in the morning, Myung Hee and I didn't exchange a single word at all. Even during the classes that we have together. She might be sitting next to me, but she's just talking to other people. Especially to Jaehwan if he were in the class. It was like as if I was invisible to her.

Others might not find it weird, considering the fact that I am usually quiet and not much of a talker, but for me, I do. Myung Hee not talking to me was a first ever in this whole time I knew her.

I might not be a talker but I'm a listener and she knows that.

Thats is why she do all the talking and I just listen.

I sneaked a glance at her when she was not looking.

There she was again, talking to Jaehwan. Her bright smile plastered on her face and her cheerful laughter brought up the atmosphere. She laugh at every single one of Jaehwan's jokes, returning it with either her giggles or her smiles. 

My heart aches looking at it and I'm not sure why. Myung Hee seems to have a special effect on me. And I don't quite like that feeling. It's just weird.

"Taekwoon-ah! Wae gu re? Why are you just looking at your food and not eating?Not hungry?" Hakyeon suddenly asked me, snapping me out of my own world.

Only after Hakyeon ask, did I realise I only ate a few spoonfuls of my lunch, leaving the rest untouched.

"Ah, ani. I need to go somewhere" getting up from the seat, sandwiched between Myung Hee and Wonshik.

I walked as quickly as I can from the canteen and my feet brought me to a room.

A room that I've always been to. To be alone and have my own special quiet time.

Not many know of the room. It was rarely used in our school since our school are considered to be a mainstream school and not an art stream. So this room is left untouched, except for band practices for extra-curriculur hours groups.

The music room, fully equipped with a piano, guitar and a drumset, was where I usually release my stress at.

 I took my usual place at the sofa at the corner and just lie down on it. Staring at the ceiling, I think back about what happen for the past month. The change that occurs in me eversince Myung Hee steps in my life.

Just like her name, Myung Hee brings brightness to my life. She's always there with her bright smile and cheerful laughter. It's slightly contagious.

I went up to the piano,bringing my fingers to the black and white key.

Hey girl you know you drive me crazy

one look puts the rhythm in my hand

Still I'll never understand why you hang around

I see what's going down.

Cover up with make up in the mirror

Tell yourself it's never gonna happen again

You cry alone and then he swears he loves you

Do you feel like a man

When you push her around?

Do you feel better now, as she falls to the ground?

Well I'll tell you my friend, one day this world's going to end

As your lies crumble down, a new life she has found.

Playing my favourite song on the piano, singing it together. I found peace at  mind.

This is what I always do to calm myself down. Singing and playing the piano or guitar. This soft side of me that no one has ever seen, not even my friends.

Until now.

"Woah, daebak! Taek-ah! Your voice is really nice! Jincha daebak!" stading at the door was Myung Hee, clapping her hands, praising me

I was shocked to see her standing there.

What is she doing here? How did she manage to find me here.

Without me inviting her in, she walks in and drags a chair to sit beside me. She puts down her fingers on the piano keys, randomly hitting the notes, making quite a ruckus.

"That's not how you do it" I told her, having enough of the ruckus that she was creating.

I played a simple song that I first learn when I was 5.

Twinkle-twinkle little star.

I played the first verse on the piano withoout singing and Myung Hee followed me.

Her face shows full concentration, worried that she might press the wrong key, ruining the whole song. Unlike me, she sang the song while pressing the key on the piano. She may not sound good but to me, she sounds perfect.

We continuously played the piano until the bell rang signalling the start of the second half of the schoolday.

The both of us got up from our seats, going out of the room, walking to our next class which happens to be Chemistry.

"That room is my secret room." I suddenly blurted out to Myung Hee, not knowing why I did that.

"Secret? Is this where you always run off to whenever you're not with us?"

I just nodded my head, not saying anything else. Myung Hee understands the situation and our conversation ended there as we steps in the chemistry class.

"Taek?"

I turn my head to Myung hee who calls me out in the middle of the class.

"I'll keep the secret about that room. I won't tell anyone. And I love your voice." she said with that sweet smile of hers.

I gave her a small smile and look down on the notes that I wrote a while back.

And I love your voice.

I don't know why, but those words gave my heart a sign to beat faster.

Oh what are you doing to me Myung Hee?

 

A/N: Hey all! My first author's note here :) So basically this is a really short chapter. been really busy this past days so I really had a hard time to update and also because I get distracted easily. Hehehe! And right now I have 18 subscribers! 18 SUBSCRIBERS!*RUN TO EACH AND EVERYONE OF YOU AND HUGS YOU!* Thanks for all the support and comment you give! Please do comment more so that I'll know my mistakes and what I should write and all! Sorry again for the short chapter. I'll try to update again. At least once a week. Hope you all love this chapter! Give me your opinion!