15

Heart of Ice, Jung Taekwoon

Jung Taekwoon

I don't know how long we stayed in that position. Her with her head on my chest and mine on her shoulders. Her hands circling round my waist and mine her back, consoling her. Inhaling the scent of her hair, I smile to myself.

I like her. I like her a lot.

Those words kept on playing in my head as I hold on to her, not wanting to let her go.

"Uhm, Taek? Taekwoon can you let me go now?" a muffled voice ask of me.

I detach my body from her while still holding on to her by her shoulders, too afraid to let her go.

"Gwenchana? Feeling better?" I bombarded her with questions.

She just nods her head while removing my hands from her shoulders, peeling it off one by one. Upon being released from me, she crawled out of the tunnel, leaving me alone in the dark tunnel.

I was stunned upon her action, not moving at all.

She have made it clear. She doesn't like me. What were you thinking Jung Taekwoon?

I crawled out of the tunnel, following her, and saw that she have already walk away from the place. Only her silhoutte can be seen from where I was standing. The urge to run up to her, to hold her, the feeling is stronger than ever.

I guess Ken was right. I was too blind to see that I like this girl who was in front of me all these while.

I just stood there, rooted to the ground, not moving an inch. I let her go just like that.

She needs to be alone. Give her time Taekwoon.

I watch her walk away until I can't see her any longer. Taking heavy footsteps towards the place that came to my mind first, I heave long sighs.

Slowly, the destination that I was heading to came into sight, 10 mins from the playground, 20 mins from my own apartment.

Pressing on the doorbell, I waited till the owner open the door.

"Oh, Taekwoon. Hold on I call Hwannie here JAEHWAN! TAEKWOON IS HERE!" the woman that open the door calls out to my best friend.

"Komawo imo. " Jaehwan's mother opens the door wider and usher me in, just like as if I'm her own son.

I took a seat at the sofa, leaning back, letting my body sink in the plushy seat. Just when I was about to close my eyes, the seat on my right is occupied and the person was poking to my side.

"Yah What's up? You never come around on weekdays?"

"Ani, just feel like it. Can I sleep over today?"

"Yeah sure, just put your uniform in the washer so that it'll be clean by tomorrow. Come on, let's go in my room. Wouldn't want my parents hearing our conversation right? My mum will tell your mum and it goes on" Jaehwan make a joke, trying to lighten up the mood.

I guess he knows what I'm gonna talk about.

Omma, I'm sleeping over at Jaehwan's today. Mian

Texted omma to not let her get worried of me like she always do after those incidents.

Oh ok. Don't stay up too late and tell Jaehwan's mom I said Hi. Sleep well

"Imo! Omma says Hi!" I yell out to Jaehwan's mom from Jaehwan's room.

"NE! Have you eaten?! Want to eat with ahjussi?" She cries out back.

I stick my head out of the door and declines, telling her I've eaten already.

I guess Jaehwan's parents are almost like my own parents already and the fact that Jaehwan have never been selfish to share his father love with me is something that I've appreciated ever since appa pass away.

"So what happen just now with that Sunggyu guy and Myung all?" Jaehwan ask me, breaking me off from my thoughts.

"Jae, I'm confused, I really don't know."

Jaehwan give me the face and I told him what happen a few hours back. Including the incident at the playground and all. His face says it all. He was shocked. By Sunggyu's words, by my action.

"Jung Taekwoon, you need to fix that habit of yours." Jaehwan stated calmly .

"What habit?"

"That habit of yours where you always look at the negative side of everything. How do you know that Myung won't accept you if you nnever say anything?"

I just look down at my hands, pondering on Jaehwan's words. Maybe he was right, but how am I supposed to say it out to her?

Gosh, this is freaking frustrating!

 

Park Myung Hee

"I'm home!" I shouted once I enter the house.

No one replied back anything and I saw the post-it note that was stuck at the side of the coat rack. 2 post-it. The green one was address to me and the blue one to oppa.

I took the green one and walk up the stairs to my room while reading the note.

Myung, omma and appa have to go to Daegu for family matters. Stay home with oppa and make sure to have your meals at proper time and I've placed emergency money for you inside your room. Tell oppa if you're coming home late and make sure he picks you up from school if it is after 8pm. We'll be back in 3 days time.

Love,

omma&appa

Ah, seems like I'm gonna be home alone for, aroud half an hour before oppa gets back home I guess. I placed the note on my study table and place my bag at the side of my bed.

Lying down on my bed, I replayed whatever that had happened today in my head. Sunggyu, Taekwoon, second confession, tears, hugs.

My head is in a mess.

I grab my shower necessities and my towel and head towards the bathroom next door, in between my room and oppa's.

Maybe after a hot shower will clear my head.

And I need oppa to come home fast. All these mixed emotions are killing me and I need him right now.

 

A/N: I'm Back! Yeah, I was reading through the comments that these story get even when I was in hiatus for quite sometime and I'm touched. Really, I am. All those people subscribing to these story, commenting on it, you guys are my source of strength. To be truthful, I'm having a tough time right now. I made a decision that change my life totally and I'm still pondering if it was the right decision. So please bear with me. I love you guys out there who is subscribing to this story and reading it and commenting on it. Do continue to do so and if you have any ideas, you can comment or if you are shy do PM me!