4

Heart of Ice, Jung Taekwoon

Park Myung Hee

"Yah Myung! Coming?" Jaehwan called out to me as he walks out of class.

It's the end of school and my last lesson was with Jaehwan and Hong Bin. It's one of the few classes that I didn't have Taekwoon in class but I guess it's alright.

"Ani. My brother is picking me up!" I shouted back to Jaehwan who was awaiting for my answer.

He just nods his head and walks away with Hong Bin. I doubt they'll head straight home. A month spending time with the boys, I realise they tend to wander off after school for awhile before heading home. Well, no complains from me because I like it too for the fact that we often stop for snacks and everything.

I finish packing up my bag and walked out of the classroom, not forgetting to bid goodbye to my teacher. I realise how empty the hallway is taking in the silence atmosphere that rarely ever existed in this school. Humming my favourite song to entertain myself, I walk towards the school gate to wait for oppa to fetch me.

Suddenly a set of footsteps fall in next to mine. I look up to only see Taekwoon walking straight without looking me at all.

"Yah! You scare me! Where did you even come from?" I whine at Taekwoon, not expecting an answer of course.

"Mian. I end class late." That's it. Not surprise.

The both of us continue to walk in silent. Not the awkward kind of silence, but one that was confortable. I guess I am used to Taekwoon's shy and quiet personality. Some of my classmates even find me weird because I don't agree to them saying that Taekwoon is an Ice Prince.

"Taking the bus?"Taekwoon ask me, breaking the silence between us.

"Nope. I've got a ride home." I answered back and he just nodded his head.

We reached the school gate in no time and I took my spot of leaning against the wall while waiting for oppa. A thing I always do everytime I wait for him to fetch me from school on certain days.

To my surprise, Taekwoon took a spot next to me and lean back too.

"Not going home?"

"Oh, uh, It's late and a girl alone is not good. " He replied back in his soft voice.

My lips curled up into a smile appreciating the fact that Taekwoon cares for me and are willing to wait up with me. I look at the guy standing beside me. Eventhough he is looking down, focusing on the book he is reading, his side profile is still good-looking. Those eyes, the sharp nose to the thin lips that rarely forms a smile. I can't deny that this friend of mine is certainly very good-looking.

He suddenly look up from his book and look at me. I quickly shifted my sight to the road, searching for oppa's car.

Aish, why is he taking so long today? I swear I'm gonna beat the crap out of him today for fetching me late. And it was not even my idea, it was his.

"Myungie!" I heard a voice calling out for me.

Only two people will call me out like that in public.

Oppa. And Him.

A/N: HEY ALL. AT LAST I UPDATED! HEHE! AND I KNOW IT'S A SHORT CHAPTER BUT I'M REALLY REALLY BUSY NOW WITH SCHOOL! I'M SO SORRY! Btw it's my birthday today(hence the update, hehe). DO COMMENT AND SUBSCRIBE ALRIGHT!