9

Heart of Ice, Jung Taekwoon

Park Myung Hee

I tapped my foot impatiently, waiting for the bus to arrive at the bus stop. It's been 15 minutes yet the bus is not even here yet.

Can I meet you before school on Monday?

-Taekwoon

And that's the reason why I am waiting for the bus to arrive. If it's not for meeting up with Taekwoon earlier, I would have asked appa to drop me off at school before he goes to work.

The things I do for Taekwoon.

I mean for friends.

Unlocking my phone to change the song that was playing, I took a glance at the time,7.15. I have enought time to meet with Taekwoon before the first class. If not I can always ask him what he needs from me during homeroom since I'm sitting next to him

Just as I was about to re-shuffle my playlist, the bus came. Tapping my bus card, I took a seat next to another high schoolgirl from another school.

My bus ride to school will take approximately around 15 minutes. Or faster I hope. Prays hard that the traffic won't be bad and that the bus won't stop for too long at the bus stops.

I'll be in school in about 15 minutes time

-Myung Hee

I texted Taekwoon to inform him so that he'll know what time I'll be reaching and I won't get scolded or anything for being late.

K

-Taekwoon

Yup, what's new? Taekwoon being Taekwoon his reply would be short and sweet.

After a few songs and giving up my seat to an old ahjumma, my stop came into sight and I pressed the bell to signal the bus driver I would be alighting.

I walk from the bus stop to the school front  gate and I saw Taekwoon standing by the school gate waiting for me.

"Taek-ah!" I called out for the stoic face guy leaning against the wall.

He shifted his vision towards me and dusted dust off his uniform beore walking into school with me tagging along behind him. I tried my best to catch up with him, falling my footsteps next to his.

"So, what is so important that you have to meet me earlier?"

He just turn his head to look at me and say nothing.

How frustrating.

We just continued walking until we reached the music room. I quickly took a seat on the plushy sofa and look at Taekwoon who was leaning against the wall opposite me.

The fact that we are in the music room, a room that only the both of us know and it being rarely visited, I know the topic of discussion will be something serious.

Seconds went by and only silence filled the room. My eyes started to roam around the room, getting slightly bored.

Taekwoon suddenly sigh and that caught my attention. I shifted my gaze back at him and our eyes met.

"Myung Hee.."

He whispered my name out but it is loud enough for me to hear. Silence follows those words.

"Do you like Jaehwan?"

Those 4 words. The question. That sentence. It caught me off-guard.

Jaehwan? Me?

I only look at Taekwoon with my eyes wide, not saying a thing. My mind is in all sorts of places. I mean who wouldn't if such a question were to be inflicted upon you.

The Ice Prince in front of me just nods his head and was about to walk away when I realised that he took my silence as a yes.

"Yah! I haven't even answer yet" I shouted clearly frustrated with his behaviour.

"Then?'

"No, the answer is no. I don't like Jaehwan. Not in a romantic boy-girl kind of way. Arrasseo?" I answered his question.

Jung Taekwoon

I leant back against the wall while Myung Hee sat down on the sofa opposite me. I didn't know how to start off the topic and I don't want it to be so awkward either.

Noticing that Myung Hee's eyes was roaming the room, I knew she was bored. I heaved a sigh, not knowing what to say or to do. The silence was killing me.

For the first time.

I sigh, not knowing how to break the silence nor how am I suppose to start off a conversation with her.

I was never one to start a conversation with anyone else. It's always the other person to start the conversation and I will just go with the flow by simply saying a few words here and there or just nods in agreement.

Noticing that Myung Hee's gaze is on me, I take this chance to start the conversation. I called out for her and our eyes met but I can't seem to find the right words to ask her the question.

"Do you like Jaehwan?"

Right. There. I have said it.

Myung Hee just simply kept quiet and her eyes widen, maybe shock for the question I asked or maybe simply because the question hit her right there and then.

"Yah! I haven't even answer yet" Myung Hee shouted at me.

I was about to walk away when she shouted at me.

I turn back, facing her. "Then?"

"No, the answer is no. I don't like Jaehwan. Not in a romantic boy-girl kind of way. Arrasseo?" she answered.

Not in a romantic boy-girl kind of way.

Those few words. I don't know why but my heart starts to beat faster and there's this feeling of happiness in me. It kind of suffocates me.

"Oh jincha? Arrasseo." I said before walking away.

I could almost feel a smile making it's way onto my lips and I don't want it to be seen by Myung Hee.

I ignore her shouts for me and walk out fo the room, dashing for the gents.

Why am I feeling this way? Why is my heart beating faster for her? Why do I have the feeling of needing to protect her from anything.

Urgh, all this questions are making my head hurt.

Splashing some water onto my face, I cooled my self down, collecting my mind together before walking out of the bathroom.

By this time, the whole hallway is flooded with people and I was feeling slightly suffocated. I try my very best to make my way through the crowd, taking deep breaths as I walk past everybody.

I hate this feeling. This suffocating feeling everytime a crowd is near me.

Seeing my homeroom class a few metres away from me, I was glad that I have made it.

Stepping into class, my breathing started to unstabilise again and my vision starts to get blurry.

"Myung?"

I don't know what just happen but the next thing I knew when I open my eyes, Myung Hee's face was right in front of mine.

I can hear her sighing in relief as I tried to get up from the bed I was lying on.

Tried. That's the keyword.

My head hurts so much that it was so hard for me to even get up.

"No, don't get up first. Rest first." Her voice, threatening me.

I listened to her and take a rest back on the bed and tried to remember what happen.

I got in class. I hyperventilated. My vision got blurred and the next thing I knew I was on the bed in sick bay.

I need explanations.

 

A/N: Back again! Anyone miss me? Heheheh. Kidding. I'm sorry fi this chapter is not that satisfying or it doesn't make any sense. I'm so sorry but I tried my very best to update since most of you want me to update quickly. And guess what, I have 89 subscribers now! :O OMO, How did that happen? The last time I check I only have 60 plus plus subscribers. Aw, thanks guys! I hope all of you continue to read and comment to my story ok. Please don't leave me if I go on a long hiatus!

P.S: Did any of you read Leo's tweet about the starlights that went in their dressing room? Oh gosh. I can't believe I'm saying this but when I read it, I was kinda ashamed to call myself a starlight. I mean seriously, why can't those starlights respect VIXX privacy? I understand you all want to see them upclose but why can't you all be more grateful that you get to see them in broadcast station during music shows? us international fans can only see them through our tv/laptop screen. Do you know how lucky you k-fans are? And the fact that Leo tweeted about it meant something. he isn't one to to take things into heart but I guess you guys crossed the line. i hope the starlights who did that learn your lesson. I don't even know whether you ought to be called starlights anymore. You tarnish the rest of starlights and VIXX name. Now starlights might not even be able to go and watc VIXX live during broadcast at that station. I hope you all reflect on your actions and not repeat it again. I'm sorry if what i'm saying are hurting some of your feelings, but I just had to let it out of my head.