14

Heart of Ice, Jung Taekwoon

Park Myung Hee

I don't what is more awkward. The atmosphere right now or the fact that Taekwoon is holding my hand while sitting rigidly in his seat.

"So how long have you and Myung know each other?" Sunggyu speak up, pushing the silent atmosphere away.

"Since the first day of school," Taekwoon replied, not even quavering slightly.

Trying to relax myself, I took a drink of my Iced tea and leaned back against the plushed sofa we're sitting on. I didn't know what to do or what to say either. I don't even know the reason why Sunggyu want to meet me. And Taekwoon.

I'm fine if he wants to meet with me. Ok maybe not fine, but still, Taekwoon have nothing to do with all of these in the first place. Me and my stupid mouth.

"Let me just say it out. I can't be bothered to sweet talk or butter things up. I just want to know that I want Myung back and we HAVEN'T broke up. " Sunggyu said, emphasizing on the word "haven't".

This statement made me snap my head back up, looking at Sunggyu straight in the eyes. He caught my eye and the feeling is back. The feeling when I first saw him back in the first year of high school. Heart thumping, hands sweating, legs trembling. That same "I'm in love with you" feeling. This is bad.

Taekwoon must have notice me slightly wavering because he hold on to my hand tightly and his fingers are rubbing against my skin. I turned my head to take a look at Taekwoon, he turn to me and give a slight shake of his head.

No Myung, no. He have hurt you enough. Cheating was one thing, but lying to you all the time. Don't you remember anymore Myung. Park Myung Hee. No more sympathy for Kim Sunggyu.

But Myung, look at his face. It shows regret. Myung Hee, Sunggyu still loves you. Remember all thise sweet moments? People makes mistakes.

NO PARK MYUNG HEE. KIM SUNGGYU IS A JERK.

Myung Hee, look within you. You still love the guy who teach you how to love, the one who take your first kiss, and be your first boyfriend.

My head starts to come out with loads of thought. I just don't know.

"I'm sorry, but Myung Hee is doing perfectly fine with me. Please don't go around looking for her anymore. You'll know what going happen to you." Taekwoon says with his teeth gritted.

And with that, he pull me up from my seat, signalling that we're leaving. I scrambled of my seat, grabbing my tote bag at the same time.

"Myung! Does 2 years mean nothing to you? I love you Park Myung Hee, mianhae.." Sunggyu grabs my arm while I try to walk off.

Seeing the situation, Taekwoon pull Sunggyu hand away from mine and drag me out of the cafe. With my head down, I just followed him out. I am lost and I don't know what is gooing on in my head. Tears welled up in my eyes and my emotions are everywhere. I can't cry. I can't let Taekwoon sees my tears.

With my head down all the way, I don't even know where we were walking to. I just followed Taekwoon blindly, not even caring about the destination.

I don't know how long we walked but when Taekwoon suddenly stopped, my body jerked and bumped into his back.

"Get in"

I lift up my head at last, and look up to Taekwoon. He just gestures his head towards the side. I followed his gaze and I saw that it was a playground and he was gesturing towards the tunnel that was part of the playground.

Looking up at him again, and him gesturing me to go in one more time, I walked towards the tunnel and went in. In the middle of the tunnel, I stopped and took a seat. My legs hunched up and my arms hugging my knees.

Taekwoon went in and took a seat, facing me.

"Cry, cry all you want. No one can hear you, nor can they see you. Cry, "

The tears in my eyes that was waiting for the moment, stream down endlessly, my hiccups came.

I don't know how long I hung my head low, crying, sobbing. I can't bear to face Taekwoon now with tears running down my cheek, but all of a sudden, a pair of hands engulf me into a hug, one hand rubbing down my neck, the other held me close.

The sweater he was using became drench with my tears and his hug, it felt warm.

After a while, my sobbing starts to decrease, I look up at Taekwoon.

He looks into my eyes, both his hands cup my face while his thumbs brush away any leftover tears from my cheeks.

I was confused about his actions. The act that we put in front of Sunggyu have long done. He doesn't have to do this anymore. And once more, he hugs me, engulfing me in his warmth presence.

"Taek, what are you sti-"

"Ssshhh, just stay in this position" he whispered in my ear, while my hair.

And for a moment there, he felt like my Guardian Angel, someone who looks over me, someone who protects me.

 

Jung Taekwoon

I her hair, trying to relax her and it works. Her stiff body when I hugged her again start to relax. She lean in into me, her head on my shoulder, her hands circling my waist.

Staying in that position with her makes my heart feel at ease. Makes me feel like I'm her Guardian Angel, someone to overlook her, someone that can protects her.

I wish time would stop and we can stay like this forever, but no, this is reality. 

There is no way this will prolong, and there's no way her feelings for me would ever be the same as mine.

 

A/N: WELCOME BACK TO ME! I know I promised proper and frequent updates but my situation will never allows me to. I'm having a particularly rough time right now, my emotions are unstable and my mind is not in the right state. I hope all of you can try to understand. It's not that I don't want to update, I want to but the situations are always messing with me. I love this stories and all my stories, I really do, and I really do love all my subscribers but sometimes I have to face the reality back and it's hard for me to face the truth. I will not make anymore empty promises from now on. All i can say is that I will still update and finish this story, but it'll take time. I hope all of you can understand. I love you all, and may god bless you.