18

Heart of Ice, Jung Taekwoon

Park Myung Hee 

"Ok shoot it Myung " as we both lean against the wall behind the school compound. 

"Well here it goes, don't say anything until I'm done. I need to say it in one shot before I get tongue tied again. "

And I start to tell him everything from Taekwoon text to meeting him early and to.... 

"Myung, I've no idea when all this started. But trust me, I don't understand the whole situation either. Right when I saw you on the first day of school, I thought you can see right through me. Its like you know what I'm hiding from. When you sit beside me in homeroom just because I bump into you earlier and you recognised me. You then started to talk to me, not even annoyed that I didn't answer. During that time, yes I was irritated. I was questioning myself why am I putting up with all these when usually I would ask the person to go away. Even Jaehwan get that a lot from me. But never once did I say it to you. Slowly somehow or somewhat you were a part of us. Like as if all along, we were waiting for you to come. And then somehow I was tangled in between you and Sunggyu. It was just a one time thing but Sunggyu believed that I was your well, uhm boyfriend. I thought it was just because of the acting, my action still continue on. But as time goes by, and after piecing eveything, I realise, well it's hard to say. But seriously. I'm saying it this once. I like you Myung. "

"Those are the exact words Taekwoon told me. I don't know Jae, I'm confused. What was all that supposed to mean?" I confesses every thing to Jaehwan. 

Jaehwan just smile at me not saying anything. I pouted at him, knowing he's not much help. 

"Aigoo. Uri Myung, look how adorable you are hehhehe ".

I turn away from him, knowing that in would laugh in just awhile. Jaehwan always have this in him. Able to make me not stay mad at him. 

Like how Taekwoon was able to make me smile without doing anything. 

Wait why am I thinking about Taekwoon?

Maybe the answer is right in front of me all these while, but I was just the only one who kept pushing it aside. Maybe.

 

Lee Jaehwan

 Taekwoon actually told Myung about his feelings. Wow, that's kinda funny. 

Jung Taekwoon took my advice. He actually listened to me. Wow. 

Aigoo. Uri Myung, look how adorable you are hehhehe " when I noticed that Myung Hee was pouting away. 

She then turn her back towards me. I knew she was going to laugh. I knew her too well. 

I wall over to the opposite side to face her. 

"Myung, there's nothing to be confused about. Look, I know Taekwoon. Whatever he says, that's what's in his heart. And for him to actually express it out to you, that is a miracle." 

The girl in front of me look up and face me. Her frowning face just shows that she have more questions to ask me about what I've just said. 

Heaving a sigh, I continue explaining to her. How I've noticed Taekwoon have change eversince she entered his life, our lives. 

"Taekwoon was never one to express how he feels eversince the incident he had when we were all younger. Trust me, all the words that he said, it's all the truth. I'm not burdening you to accept him or anything, but Myung, look into your heart, listen to it. What it says."

Myung Hee just stared at me, not answering anything.

Right at that moment the bell rang, signifying the start of the first class. I pull Myung Hee's hands and ran towards our first class for the day. 

 

"Taekwoonie! Yah umma ask me to give this for your lunch. She said you forget to take it just now." Passing a lunch bag to Taekwoon. 

He just take it and walk straight ahead to lunch. Not typical of him. Usually he'll ask me to text my mum to say thanks or something but I don't know. Both of us take our seats at our usual table with Hakyeon, Hyuk, Hongbin and Wonshik. I sat next to Taekwoon, only to get he shifted place with Wonshik. Great, I don't even know what's going on here. 

I ignored Taekwoon's actions and continue with lunch as per normal. As usual, Taekwooon didn't say anything and the rest thought of it as something normal, but I know something is not right there and then. Time check, 15 minutes until the end of lunch. Taekwoon is done with his food, and I'm almost done. 

Drumstick, I'm sorry I can't finish you today, but just for today Taekwoon is more important than you. I promise the next time we meet, I'll eat you up until there's no meat on the bone. I promise my dear drumstick. 

"Hey Taek, mind following me somewhere?" 

"Eodi?"

"Just follow me,"

Grudgingly, he followed me out of the cafeteria. 

I led him out of the cafeteria, towards the back of the school, the exact same place where Myung talked to me in the morning.

"Yah what's wrong with you?" I asked Taekwoon straightaway. 

"What what's wrong? Everything is fine."

"No you're not Taek. Look I know it have to do with Myung Hee. You beetter tell me everything. i heard her side of the story. Now I want to know yours. We'r friends for a reason Taek."

"Ah so she ran to you to tell everything. Right, So I was right. Friends. You sure Jae? You knew I like her yet you still can steal her away from me? Yup, you're th best friend ever. I'm so ing done with this" and with that he turned around and walked away. 

"JUNG TAEKWOON. I'M NOT DONE TALKING. AND WHAT MAKES YOU THINK I STEAL HER AWAY FROM YOU? YOU'RE A TOTAL IDIOT RIGHT?" I shouted because I couldn't all these goddamn tension.

Taekwoon must have realized that I was furious that he stopped and turned back. I take that as a sign to explain the situation to him. 

"Look Taek. Listen Myung didn't came running to me. I bumped into her this morning and I pressured her to tell me what happen. She look distraught Taek and I didn't steal her away from you you idiot. She was my friend. Would I leave her alone in that state? Look I know you confessed to her, I know sh hasn't tell you anything. But can you stop assuming that she will reject you? Gosh, I need to wash your brain with soap or something."

He just stood in front of me, looking straight ahead, not saying a thing. It's either he's speechless because of my sudden outburst or because what I said are true. 

"But what if I just did the wrong thing for saying out my feelings?" he asked timidly. 

It's like the 19 year old Jung Taekwoon in front of me is the Jung Taekwoon from 10 years ago. The boy who change. The one who used to be loud and now just the one who can't even say out what's in his heart. 

"Taekwoon, have I ever lied to you? All this while? Look, just believe in yourself and even if she says no, take this as a step for you to be your past self. Jebal Taek, you need to let go of you insecurities now."

He just nod his head and walk away. I know he is still clinging on to those insecurites, but I also know he will take my advice. 

 

Jung Taekwoon

I guess what Jaehwan said was right. I have to let go of the past, all these insecurities.

Walking to my Chemistry class, I know at least I have that one lesson today that is Myung Hee free so that I'll just stop thinking what I said this morrning. 

Eventhough I had a long talk with Jaehwan, I was lucky I managed to reach class on time and not late for class. Taking a seat at my usual desk, at the back of the classroom, I ignored Hakyeon constant questioning about where Jaehwan and I was during lunch break. 

"Yah Taek, where did you and Jaehwan go? Yah answer me."

"Taekwoon ah I'm bored. But where did you and Jaehwan go?"

His constant questioning gave me a headache and I just told him the both of us had to meet our English teacher. Seriously, it's like having a second Jaehwan on class. 

"Oh, Myung Hee came in just now asking where you were but when I told her you're not in yet she sighed then she walk past your desk before going for her class. Ehh, the two of you have something going on?"

"Myung Hee stopped by?" 

"Ne. Can you please listen to me when I'm talking? Goodness why am I always talking alone in this class!"

Right. Hakyeon and his over-reacting. Thank goodness we're sitting right at the back and the teacher can't hear our conversation. 

Myung stopped by. Why would she stopped by this class? Looking for me? Oh no. Don't tell me she have her answer already. What is she say she likes Jaehwan. No. 

My mind came back the class when the teacher called out to me to write the answer for a chemical equation in front. I stood up and wrote down my answer and walk back to my seat without any objection. 

And only then did I noticed that there's something taped on to my table. A piece of paper. 

I peeled it off from the table, and I saw what's written on the other side of the paper. 

나도 

-명희

Me too. Myung Hee. Wait what? What's that supposed to mean? Why would Myung Hee say me too? What for?

Wait, unless.. No, it can't be. But who knows. But why. 

She likes me too?

 

 

A/N: HI EVERYONE. OMG YAS AT LAST I UPDATE MY STORY AM I RIGHT. OMG I'M SO SORRY. I just start my vacation from work since I have 2 weeks off from work (OMG AT LAST) but I'm still schooling and I have tons of assignments to finish up before my term break and well yeah, I was busy with ther stuffs as well. And I was hospitalised for like the second time again this year a few months back so yeah. Goodness I hate being sick. I'M SO SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING AGAIN! Hopefully I'll be able to manage my time now and update my story frequently AND OMG. WHAT IS THIS. SINCE WHEN HAVE MY SUBSCRIBERS WENT UP ALL THE WAY TO 546! OMG. CRIES. GUYS THANK YOU SO MUCH. PLEASE DO KEEP ON SUPPORTING ME AND MY STORY

OH OH AND FOR THOSE WHO DON'T KNOW, YOU CAN FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER @taekbootie AND ALSO ME AND AND SOME OF MY STARLIGHTS FRIENDS CREATED A FANBASE. YOU CAN FIND US ON TWITTER @galaxiersg OR TUMBLR galaxiersg.tumblr.com ! DO FOLLOW ME/US! (just click on the words :) )