10

Heart of Ice, Jung Taekwoon

Park Myung Hee

"Yah Taekwoon!" I cried out.

The said boy was standing at our class doorway, body swaying and just as I called out for him, his body collapsed on the floor.

Shocked by what I see, I quickly ran up to him holding his head up, trying to wake Taekwoon up. He just lay there lifeless, not moving an inch. My heart hurts seeing him in this condition and without knowing, my tears started to stream down my cheeks.

"Myung?"

I look up and I saw Jaehwan standing at the doorway with Hyuk.

"Jae! You have to help Taekwoon. Jebal. I don't know what happened, all of a sudden he fainted on the spot here!"

Jaehwan and Hyuk look at each other, eyes wide, nodding their head and crouch down to carry Taekwoon up. Jaehwan carried Taekwoon's upper torso while Hyuk claimed his lower body part.

I tag along at the back of the both of the, ignoring the stares that the student body was giving us.

"Isn't that the Ice prince?" "He's unconcious!" "The mute boy fainted?"

All those comments were heard as we passed by the rest of the stdents on our way to the sick bay but we ignore it. Taekwoon is more important.

Pushing the sick bay door open, I shouted for the school nurse. The nurse who was sitting on her desk, reading a book, came rushing to us, ushering us to place Taekwoon on the bed.

She took Taekwoon's temperature and other medical things while the three of us just stand at the side, watching her fussing around Taekwoon, worried. Bu judging from Hyuk and Jaehwan's face, they didn't look as worrired as I thought. Did this ever happen before?

"His blood pressure was high and it seems like he suffers from a phobia thus, the fainting. But other than that, he's perfectly fine. Do any of you know about his health history?" The nurse walk up to us, asking those questions.

Hearing that Taekwoon was fine, I mentally sigh in relief. At least he was not in danger.

"He suffers from claustraphobia. It's not that bad but he really can't stand being in a crowd. This haven't happen for quite some time." Jaehwan explained to the nurse, and Hyuk nodded in agreement.

I was surprised to hear that Taekwoon has phobia being in crowded and trapped places. I never knew that it was this bad.

The nurse told us to go back to our classroom but one of us have to stay here with Taekwoon.

I volunteered since my next class is with Taekwoon and I can bring him there. Jaehwan agreed and said he will inform the teacher about my whereabout and what happened

                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     

"Myung?"

I got surprised by Taekwoon when he woke up and called out my name. He tried to get up but I advised him not to, well more to force him to lie down back.

He abide to my words and lay down back, resting his head on the white pillow.

After what seems like hours, he tried to sit up again, this time looking better, his face not scrunching up in pain unlike his previous try.

"What happen?"

He clearly doens't know how he landed here and what happen.

I took a deep breath and explain to him what happen. From catching up with him at the school hallway till the fact that he fainted in front of the class door.

"Taek, do you really have claustraphobia?" I asked him, curious about it.

He nodded and look down. He got off from the bed and wanting to grab his schoolbag when I reach out to grab his hand. He just face me, clearly annoyed that I grabbed his hand all of a sudden.

"Jamkaman. We'll go back to class together ok?"

"I'm not going back to class. So you can go back alone."

And with that he shook off my hand that was on his wrist and walk out of the room, leaving me dumbfounded.

I wanted to catch up with him but I think it was better for me to give him some space.

Jung Taekwoon

I shrug off Myung Hee's hand from my wrist and walk out of the room, leaving her alone. My feet was walking towards the music room but I knew Myung Hee can find me there so I change my direction and walk out of school.

I walk to the bus stop and hopped on the first bus that reach the bus stop I didn't even know where it was going.

Oh, heck it.

My phobia was still there.

Hearing from Myung Hee what happen, I was foolish to think that my phobia was gone for good. I was still afraid of crowds. I still fear it. And to think that nothing have happened for the past years and now it happened again just because I dash through a crowd.

And now Myung Hee know my weakness. This stupid phobia.

I clear my head from all those thoughts and plug in my earpiece and play a song from my ipod.

Superman by Lunafly. One of my favourites.

I rest my head on the the head rest of the chair and slowly my eyes closed.

Lee Jaehwan

I couldn't concentrate in class. What happened to Taek earlier worries me. It's been years since he last had a panic attack thanks to his phobia. I can still remember clearly the last time it happened, But it was in middle school. He have not get such panic attacks eversince we entered high school.

Knowing my best friend,  there must be a reason as to why he dash through the crowd. He hates crowds. He would never join in a crowd. All these start when that incident happen.

So what happen?

My thoughts were interrupted when Myung Hee took a seat next to mine.

I look around the class, finding where Taekwoon was but I can't find the lean tall guy at all.

Taek? I wrote down on a piece of paper before passing the note to Myung Hee.

I dare not ask her out loud since Jung seongsaenim was very particular about people talking in his class.

Not sure. He left all of a sudden. I'm worried/

jincha? don't worry, he'll be fine.  I assure Myung not be worried for Taekwoon. He won't do anything stupid. I know my friend for all my life. He's not that stupid.

Judging from Myung Hee worried expression, I know she sincerely worried for him. I grin slightly knowing that Myung Hee's heart is slowly being occupied by Taekwoon.

My instinct was right. Spot on.

 

A/N: Back after a week people! I was bored and I can't concentrate on revision(MY EXAM IS IN 6 HOURS TIME :O) so I updated the story. hehe, My plan was to go on hiatus for 2 weeks or so since now is my exam period but I felt sorry for my readers. So in the next few weeks you guys may not see my name but I hope you'll stick with me still! AND OMG. I HAVE 104 SUBSCRIBERS? I LOVE ALL OF YOU. FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART. SERIOUSLY. This is my first fic that reach that amount of subscribers. I love all of you!