5

Heart of Ice, Jung Taekwoon

Jung Taekwoon

I didn't meant to scare her by just appearing by her side but I just didn't know how to greet her first. We both walk towards the gate in silence. Something that I've always enjoy but it doesn't seem enjoyable with Myung Hee.

"Taking the bus?" I ask her to break the silence in between us.

"Nope. I've got a ride home"

Ride home, I guess I'll be seeing that guy from morning. I linger around at the gate, not wanting to leave Myung Hee alone once we stepped out of school.

She takes a look at me and ask why I was still here and not walking towards the bus stop.

"Oh, uh, It's late and a girl alone is not good. " I came up with and excuse. A very lame excuse at that.

She smiles her sweet smile and went back to looking at the road, eyes searching for the person who was supposedly fetching her. I took out a book from my bag to read while waiting for the time to past.

I could hear Myung Hee tapping her feet impatiently, clearly annoyed by the fact that her ride is still not here yet. I just smiled lightly listening to her tapping of feet. Turning around to ask her who was fetching her, I noticed that her face was flushed and her actions were slightly hasty, like she was caught doing something off-guard.

"Myungie!" a voice calls out for Myung Hee, and he is using a pet name for her.

The both of us swivelled our heads to look who was it and I'm surprised that it was not the same guy as the one who sent  her to school in the morning. I took a glanced at her Myung Hee and her face spells out shock? Annoyed? I can't figure it out. But what I know is that I sense him appearing here all of a sudden is not something Myung Hee like.

"What are you doing here." she asked, her voice clearly shows annoyance.

"Yah, is that how you greet me? Where's my hug jagi~"

Jagi? JAGI?

Why did he just call her jagi? Oh, don't tell me that this is Myung Hee boyfriend.

Why am I even worried about that? Oh well, it's none of my business.

"Who's this?" the guy in front of me scrutinised me from top to bottom, completely disagreeing by the fact that I am here.

"Sunggyu, Taekwoon. Taekwoon, Sunggyu. He is my boyfriend." she stated as a matter-of fact, introducing me to this guy and vice-versa.

Wait. Boyfriend? She introduce me to this Sunggyu guy as her boyfriend. Let me register that in my head first. I didn't hear that wrongly right? Yeap, my hearing is perfectly right. Her hand is now holding on to my arm. Body, leaning against mine.

"Boyfriend? Don't kid with me Myung-ah. Come on, I know you still love me. Please Myung, say it's not true." he pleaded Myung Hee. I doubt it is even sincere.

His hand reached out for Myung Hee's, and that's when I acted so rashly.

Park Myung Hee

"She IS my girlfriend. Hands off." Taekwoon pulled Sunggyu's hand away from me and pull me closer to him.

Okay, I was not expecting that to happen.

I look up at Taekwoon who's sight was fixed on Sunggyu. If glares could kill, then Sunggyu would be dead by now. Even I was frightened by the way Taekwoon look at him. But inside, I'm glad that Taekwoon is trying to keep Sunggyu off me. My heart flutters at his actions.

No. He's just a friend Myung Hee. A friend.

"Kaja, Myung. I'll send you home." he holds on to my hand tightly and drag me towards the bus stop.

"Myung! Jebal Myung! I'm sorry for what I did! Jebal mianhe! Saranghae Myung!" Sunggyu called out to me.

The urge to turn back and look at him once again was there. But Taekwoon must have known for the next thing he said was "Myung Hee, Just walk straight. Don't. Turn. Back." He emphasizes on the last 3 words. I just walk with my head down, feeling slightly guilty for Sunggyu even after what he did to me.

We board the first bus that reach the stop and Taekwoon make me sit down beside him.

2 minutes, 3 minutes, 5 minutes passed by. Silence engulfs us.

The ringtone of my phone breaks the silence between us.

Oppa.

"Oppa..."

"Myung-ah, mian! My car is acting up! Is it ok if you go home by yourself?" my brother apologizes.

I heave a sigh of relief. At least he's not on the way to fetch me or there in front of the school already.

Tell your brother you'll be home late.

I look at the note in front of me. I quizzically look at him. He pushes the note to me once again. Nodding my head I told my brother I'll not be home for dinner and to inform our parents.

"Arraseo. But don't be home too late ok?"

Ah, oppa being oppa. Always worrying about me.

10 minutes into riding the bus, Taekwoon press the buzzer, signalling that we'll be alighting soon. He urge me to go down when the bus stop at a stop that I've never been at.

I alight from the bus, looking at the surrounding. I've never been to this part of Seoul before. It's calmer, away from the hustle and bustle. I didn't know that such a place existed.

I walk behind Taekwoon, not knowing where we're heading.

"Taekwoon, where are we going?"

No reply. No surprise.

He suddenly stopped in front of a cafe. Not just any normal cafe, but a traditional one. I'm awed by the outlook of the cafe and the inside of the cafe just awe me more. This place is amazing.

We took a sit in the corner and Taekwoon grab a menu. I did the same. Looking at the menu, I only realise how hungry I am now.

"Can I have your orders please?" an old lady came up to us.

"Ah, ahjumma. Rabokki and ice coffee for me please."

"Uhm, orange juice and ramen." I said.

While waited for our food, Taekwoon lok at me intensely.

After a few moments he open up his mouth to ask me.

"Who's Sunggyu?"

I can't find the right words to answer him. I kept quiet for a few minutes, settling for an answer that I hope is good enough.

"My ex-boyfriend."

Taekwoon didn't reply but instead he just nodded, satisfied with the answer that I gave him.

"But it's not over between me and him. I myself am unclear of the situation. " I explained to Taekwoon, not knowing why I even did that.

"Wae?" his curiosity is out again.

"Because he-"

Just as I was about to answer, my phone rang once again. It was oppa. Again.

He was just making sure thatI was alright and he even requested to talk to Taekwoon over the phone. I discourage him to do so but he insisted. I just have to gave in and pass my phone to Taekwoon.

"My oppa want to talk to you." I told him.

He just gave me the look but took the phone still.

"Ne."

"Ne hyung. I understand."

"Alright, I'll send her home straight after this."

"Jankaman hyung..Ah, ne ne."

He suddeny took out his phone and typed in something.

"Ani hyung, just a friend."

"Annyeonghasaeyo"

And with that he pass the phone back to me. I wonder what oppa told him. And what did he punched in his phone.

Jung Taekwoon

"Hello, is this Taekwoon? I'm Myung Hee's oppa. Park Sanghyun. Just call me hyung." Myung Hee older brother introduces himself.

"Ne." I could only reply that.

Our conversation continues for a few minutes, with him asking where we were, and his favour for me to send Myung Hee home after this. He even make me take down his phone number in case anything happen.

"What did oppa ask you?" Myung Hee ask me.

"Nothing. Continue with what you wanted to say." I told her, wanting to know what exactly happened between her and her supposedly ex-boyfriend that she hasn't really break up with.

"Why are you so curious for?" Myung Hee questioned me once again.

Trapped. I was trapped.

Why did I even ask her? I mean it's not my business. Oh Taekwoon, what did you just do?

"Just asking."

"Ah. Well me and Sunggyu, well he...."

A/N: UPDATED ONCE AGAIN! YAY! Two updates in a week. I hope you guys will love this chapter :) Do comment and subscribe alright? And I now have 31 subscribers?! OMG, THANKS A LOT GUYS! :') I'M SO HAPPY NOW! I hope all of you will continue to love me! Heheh!

P.S: HAVE YOU ALL WATCH YOSEOB'S SOLO DEBUT MV TEASER?! *SOBS* HE IS TOO PERFECT! ANY B2UTIES OR YOBOES OUT HERE?! RAISE UP YOUR HAND IF YOU ARE?! I CAN'T HANDLE ANY OF THESE FEELINGS ANYMORE! HE IS JUST TOO PERFECT! YANG YOSEOB, I LOVE YOU!

YANG YOSEOB(양 요 섭)- CAFFEINE(카페) TEASER