8

Heart of Ice, Jung Taekwoon

Lee Jaehwan

I take a look at Taekwoon who was slumped on the sofa. He look disappointed, heartbroken even. The scattered can of beers on the table adds on to the evidence. He is heartbroken. And jealous.

"I like Myung Hee"

That sentence seems to made and imapct on Taekwoon.

He actually choked slightly on his beer and he gulped them in oneshot after that before starting another can. Taekwoon was never one to go drunk and all. His limits for alcohol were usually 2 to 3 cans of beer, but this time round, 5 or was it 6 cans of beer was finish by him.

In a short amount of time.

I didn't know this would happen. It's just so not Taekwoon. This was not I expected. The fact that Taekwoon acted so rashly was not what I expected.

Yes, I plan all this to happen. I wanted to see Taekwoon's reaction. I want to know what exactly is going on in that brain of his.

After seeing Taekwoon with Myung Hee yesterday morning in the library together and when Myung Hee followed him when he left the table during lunch, I tried to piece the puzzle together.

My guess were either Myung Hee likes Taekwoon, Taekwoon likes Myung Hee or they are already together.

And as for now, only one of my guess are right. Taek likes Myung Hee. I can see it.

The sentence "I like Myung Hee" was never something I meant. Of course I like Myung Hee, but I only like her not more than just a friend. I don't deny the fact that Myung Hee is pretty, she is very pretty but I was never physically or emotionally attracted to her.

Plus I'm not one to betray my friend for a girl.

Right from the first day when Myung Hee steps in our class, I knew that she'll be the one that can soften Taekwoon's heart. Her antics, her cheerfullness, everything. She is special.

And the fact that Taekwoon actually spoke to her was something. For the long years that I know Taekwoon, he rarely talks to anyone that he just met, eventhough he or she annoys the hell out of him.

I was just trying to prove my theory right. If my statement does not shocks him or his behaviour does not change at the slightest, then I'm wrong. But so far, I'm on the right track, Assa!

I look over at my best friend who was slumping against the sofa. His neck twisted in a weird way, a light snore coming from him. Chuckling, I fix his sleeping position, making him comfortable before grabbing his blanket in his room and covered him up.

After making sure that he did not stir from his sleep, I cleaned up the coffee table, chucking the trash away and cleaning up the bits of pieces of chicken. It's just basic manners to clean up if ou're at one's house, even your own best friend house.

Done with the cleaning up, I take my space at the carpeted floor, lying down on the comfortable plushy cushiog. I took out my phone and scroll down to a specific name.

Park Myung Hee

I decided to text her before I sleep.

Jjaljayo myung myung! Sleep well :) See you on Monday!

-Jaehwanyyyyyy

Pressing the sent button, I put my phone on the table before falling asleep.

Jung Taekwoon

"Argh.."

My head hurts. It feel so heavy. Really heavy. I tried to sit up straight , and it just makes my headache worse. I stayed in the sitting position, fixed to the sofa, for god knows how long.

After several tormenting minutes, my head cleared and I open my eyes slightly, diverting my gaze to the clock on the wall.

10 a.m

I have slept through most of the morning, missing out on my weekly Saturday morning jog.  Looking down at the floor, I saw Jaehwan sprawling like a cat, sleeping soundly. I decided to leave him lying like that and going to the kitchen to find some breakfast.

Knowing Omma, she must be at the market now and only come home around lunch time.

Just as I was about to walk towards the kitchen, Jaehwan's phone continously vibrates on the table. The buzzing noise annoys the hell out of me yet the owner of the phone was stil snoring on the floor.

I grabbed the phone, all ready to throw it on his face but the name that appears on the phonescreen make me stop.

I open the text message reading the content.

Morning uri Jaehwanyyyyy! Did you sleep well? I did! Bogoshipda... Ottokaji? Hehe...

-Myung Myung <3

"YAH!!!!"

Jaehwan woke up groaning in pain when I smack the phone down on his face, walking away after doing the deed.

"Yah Taek! Why can't you wake up someone normally?!" he shouted to me who was in the kitchen, taking the food omma have cook for breakfast.

"Food's in the kitchen." I told him, still angry at him for no absolute reason.

Settling down at the sofa, I eat my breakfast while watching the Saturday morning shows that was being shown on TV.

Plopping himself on the sofa, snatching the remote control away from my hands and started to switch the channels one by one. Annoyed by the switching of the channels and the text message, I snatch the remote control back from him to switch back to the channel I was watching. In less than 3 seconds, the remote was nowhere on my hand, and the channel was switch to MTV.

Yup, I hate Jaehwan.

The both of just sit there quietly eating our brunch, watching music videos on MTV, not talking to each other.

"Myung Hee likes you too?" I decided to break the ice with such a question.

"Molla"

I was praying on the inside that Myung Hee have no feelings for Jaehwan at all. I don't even know why I think that way.

"Yah, I wanna wash up. Borrow your clothes ok?"

I just nodded, too used to it already. Half of my wardrobe is at Jaehwan's house while half of his is at mine. I can't even differentiate which of the garments is his and which is mine anymore.

Sitting in the living room alone only then did I realised that the friendship build between me and Jaehwan is falling apart just because of a girl.

A girl that I'm clearly unsure about my feelings for.

Going in my room to grab my phone, I walk past the photo frame hanging on the wall, a photo of us 6 when we were in elementary school trip. Back then I was not the quiet me. I was all smiles and laughter.

Can I meet you before school on Monday?

-Taekwoon

And the text message is sent to Park Myung Hee.

 

A/N: Long wait people? Heheh, I'm sooo sorry! My schoolwork are killing me and my grades are just plain terrible. Like really terrible :( I have no future :( But pushing all the sadness aside, VIXX HAVE MADE THEIR COMEBACK! ASDFGHJKL. YES THEIR COMEBACK. OMG. YOU DON'T KNOW HOW HAPPY I WAS . WHEN THE TEASER PICTURES WAS RELEASED ON TWITTER, WHEN THE MV TEASERS WAS RELEASED ON YOUTUBE , WHEN THEIR MV WAS RELEASED ON YOUTUBE JUST NOW(while I was in class and I was praying to get out class as soon as possible, LOL), UP TILL THEIR FIRST COMEBACK STAGE ON MCOUNTDOWN A FEW HOURS BACK(which I missed also thanks to being in school till late,). THEIR COMEBACK IS JUST SO GODDAMN PERFECT. LIKE REALLY PERFECT. THE CONCEPT IS TOTALLY DIFFERENT FROM THEIR OTHER COMEBACK AND THEIR DEBUT. VIXX IS CONFIRMED A GROUP THAT CAN STRIVES IN ALL GENRES. AND DID YOU SEE LEO'S RED HAIR. OMFG. IT WAS JUST TOO PERFECT FOR MY TAEKWOONIE BABY!!!! AHHH!!!!

OMG, I'M SORRY FOR SPAZZING HERE. HAHA!

DO COMMENT AND SUBSCRIBE TO MY STORY, AND IF YOU WANNA SPAZZ ABOUT VIXX, MY WALL WELCOME YOU. IF YOU SHY JUST PM K? HEEHEH