13

Heart of Ice, Jung Taekwoon

Jung Taekwoon

"Yah Taek! Eodiya?! You're late and you still didn't reply my texts?! " Jaehwan shouted over the phone, asking where I am.

Aish, if I knew he'd shout, I would not even pick up the call.

"Ara, ara. I'm reaching." and with that I hang up the phonecall and walk into the eatery that they have all agreed on to have lunch at.

Hakyeon and Jaehwan who was sitting facing the door saw me entering the eatery, waving me and urging me to come in and take a seat next to Sanghyuk.

All six of us take a look at the menu before ordering, with Hakyeon taking his own sweet time to choose his food with that fickle-minded mind of his. Even Hongbin urge him to order faster since the rest of them were hungry. 

"YAH! PPALLI! AISH" Hongbing went berserk when Hakyeon change his order for the upteempth time.

The waiter who was waiting by our table just sigh exasperatedly. I pity him but at last after Hakyeon's one last change in order and Wonshik hurriedly told him to send our orders before "this hyung here" as Wonshik points to N change his mind again.

While waiting for the food to arrive, all of us talk as per normal, nothing out of the blue. I took out my phone to realize that I have a text from Myung Hee. My eyes widen in surprise and Jaehwan must have notie since he was sitting in front of me.

"Taek wae?"

"Ah, ani."

Are you free now to talk? Urgent

I have been avoiding her for a week, not been talking to her and now this happens. Aish, I swear Myung Hee is trying to mess up my own head.

For?

I replied back to her, not really wanting to meet her. I need to get my senses back before I can talk to her again like before.

Will tell you once we talk. Please Taek, please.

The reply came instaneously. Without thinking I replied back an answer that I regretted after sending.

"Yah, I need to get this call." I told the rest as my phone buzzes on the table.

Walking out of the restaurant, I slide the call button and place my phone on my phone.

"Hello, Taek. Please listen to me before you say anything. Please, don't cut me or put down the phone please," the voice at the other end pleaded to me.

" Hmm, fine."

"Remember Sunggyu? The guy we met the other day? I met him again with Hakyeon and Jaehwan yesterday. He mentioned your name and he thinks you're my..well, uhm my..."

"Your what?" I cut her, irritated with the "uhms".

"My boyfriend. There I've said it."

I can feel heat rising to my face and I started to fiddle with the hem of my shirt. Just one word, one simple word and I'm all flustered. Just what is wrong with me.

"So? It was just to help you out." answering back with my most calm and nonchalant tone.

"Well, he wants to meet up with you. No,  not just you two, as in meet up with us. You and me. He says he needs to talk. " Myung Hee explain, a slightly pleading tone in her voice.

"Fine. Just tell me when. I'm hanging up." and with that I press the end call button and walks in the eatery back.

Just as I walks in back, the 5 of them was lost in a deep discussion until Jaehwan saw me and started to shush them up.

Pulling my chair and taking a seat back I question them on what they were talking about but they insist it was nothing and I did nothing to press them on further. I don't really care.

The food came and we started to eat. I just focus on eating and not bothering to strike up a conversation with any of them. Well, I'm always like this.

"Taek, can I ask something?" Jaehwan said out all of a sudden.

I just lift my head up from my food and tilted my head.

" What's with you and Myung? I mean like are yo-"

"Nothing is going on. " I cut him off before he can continue his sentence.

"No, you don't lie to me, to us Jung Taekwoon. I want to know. Myung Hee ex-boyfriend confronted her the other day and he mentions your name. Now tell us what is going on. " Jaehwan's tone goes up and his face bore a serious expression.

Never in my life had Jaehwan raises his voice at me or have he get mad at him. He was the closest to me and he understands me without me having to say anything. This is a first and I think I know why.

It' all about Myung Hee. He is getting worked up about Myung Hee.

"What is it on you then? Why would you want to know? You like Myung Hee and you think I might be an obstacle." I state as a matter of factly.

"Oh for goodness sake Taekwoon! This is not about me liking Myung Hee or anything like that. Myung Hee was in distraught about what happen yesterday with that guy and I need to know the full story. She have not been in a good mood for a whole week too. And for your information I HAVE NEVER HAD FEELINGS FOR MYUNG HEE. " Shouting his last sentence at me, people at table next to us turn their heads and look at us.

Hongbin being the more considerate one, turn to them and bowing a bit, mumbling words of apologies.

Listening to what Jaehwan just said, it felt like as if I've been hurting Myung Hee for no reason.

"Me and Myung Hee, we..." I started to tell them everything that happen between the two of us.

From the time me and Myung Hee went out after school after being harassed by Sunggyu till the latest one where she called me earlier on. I think this is the first time I've ever talk for so long in my whole life eversince the incident happen.

The five of them listen to me intently, not even intefering once and when I was done, they just sat there silently.

" So, do you like Myung Hee or not? You can be honest Taek. We know you best." Wonshik voice out all of a sudden, breaking the silence.

I was stumped. I don't even know how I am suppose to answer his question.

"Molla. I really don't know. I just get frustrated when I see her with other guys and I guess I can say she change me."

Jaehwan just started clapping smiling away.

"You like her dude! I noticed that from the start. Come on, she's the first person you ever talk to without getting annoyed!" he exclaimed, putting everything into sense.

Thinking about what Jaehwan said, it really does make sense. I like her. But now, what should I do? I'm in trouble.

Speaking about the devil, a text from Myung Hee came.

Taek, you free on Tuesday after school? You're free right since your soccer practice is postponed right? Can we meet him at the time?

Ah, ottokaji?

 

A/N: Hey guys! I'm back! OMG, I'm so sorry for being MIA but had too since school life was a mess with projects for all my subjects(I HAVE 7 SUBJECTS, AND IT'S ALL SCIENCE OK!) and my common tests and exams all. But no worries, I'M ON HOLIDAY NOW! WOOHOOO! DARN HAPPY PLEASE! HEHEHEH! Ok, so just a short chapter to welcome me back. I'll post up the next chapter ASAP. Still in the middle of contructing it :) Do comment and tell me if you have any ideas ok?

P.S: I WON VIXX G.R.8.U AUTOGRAPHED ALBUM FROM KBSWORLD THE OTHER DAY AND IT CAME IN THE MAIL JUST A FEW DAYS BACK. OMG OMG OMG. I WAS SPAZZING SO MUCH OK. I WAS ALL ALONE AT HOME AND THE POSTMAN CALLED ME TO SAY THEY HAVE A MAIL FOR ME AND ALL. OMG. THE MOMENT I GOT IT, I STARTED CRYING AND ALL. HAHAHA. THANK GOODNESS I WAS ALL ALONE AT HOME. HAHAA. SEE THE AUTOGRAPHED ALBUM! LEO'S AUTOGRAPH. OMG. THEY'VE TOUCHED THIS ALBUM BEFORE ME. OMG. I HAVE INDIRECT PHYSICAL CONTACT WITH VIXX //LEGIT TEARS//