6

Heart of Ice, Jung Taekwoon

Park Myung Hee

"Ah. Well me and Sunggyu, well he...." I can''t bring myself to finish the story.

My heart aches remembering what he did to me. The once sweet Kim Sunggyu that treated me like a princess, that dotes on me. I don't know where that person went off to. Without me realising, a single drop of tear streams down my cheek.

"Gwenchana. You don't have to tell me." Taekwoon whispered softly upon seeing my state.

His hands reached out towards my cheeks and his thumb brushed away my tears. For no reason, my heart starts to beat faster when he did that. I could feel heat rushing up my cheeks.

"It's ok. Sunggyu, he cheated on me." There, I've said it.

Taekwoon just look at me, not even a slight trace of emotion. I avoid looking his away, not wanting to gather any sympathy or whatsoever from him.

Minutes of silence, and I thank the ahjumma for bringing our orders. We just accept the food and start eating it silently. Neither one of us try to break the silence that settled between the both of us. I guess it's just a common thing for me and Taekwoon.

"Want some?" Taekwoon placed some rabokki on his spoon and pushed it forward towards me.

I just smiled, nodding my head and take the spoon from his hand, but what he did was not what I expected.

He fed me.

Jung Taekwoon fed me.

I may only know Taekwoon for a month but I know for sure that he's not one to be doing these kind of actions. Gathering the facts from Jaehwan who is the closest to him, Taekwoon is not that comfortable with skinships and he don't show his love and care for others through actions or words.

"Why are you doing this to me?" the question just suddenly blurt out of my mouth.

"Do what?" he answered back, clearly taken back and confused with my question.

"Being nice. Sitting here, consoling me, treating me. "

He only answered back with silence. He just continue eating and ignoring my question. Well, what do I expect from Taekwoon, of course I'll be answered back with silence. Who am I kidding?

We finish up our food and Taekwoon paid up for the meal (after a small argument between us, with me wanting to pay up for my own meal). The both of us walk out of the small cafe silently, crossing the road to the opposite bus stop.

I look at my wristwatch, 7.10pm. Hopefully I'll reach home before 8, seeing the fact that tomorrow will be a long day for me.

We waited for the bus to come. I look up at Taekwoon, trying to strike up a conversation but there he is, earpiece plug in, ignoring the whole world. I just sigh, knowing how typical for Taekwoon to ignore everyone. I was about to take out my own ipod to listen to my music when he taps on my shoulder, signalling that the bus was here.

Being in our own world, listening to our music, the ride was a silent one.

My mind is whilrling with questions. Begging for answers.

Why is Sunggyu looking for me? How did he find me?

And Taekwoon. Why did he follow along my act just now? And his actions and treatment to me?

Ah, I'm confused.

Jung Taekwoon

I felt a slight weight on my left shoulder. I turned around to see Myung Hee's head leaning against my shoulder, with her sleeping. I smiled slightly looking at her. She must have been tired. It was one hell of a day alright. I have to admit that myself.

I look out of the window and I saw that our stop is just a few metres ahead.

"Myung hee, yah Myung Hee, we're here.." I shook her shoulders slightly, whispergin to her to wake up.

She lifted her head off my shoulder, eyes blinking, getting used to the lights in the bus.

"Eh, so fast?" tilting her head to the side, she asked me.

Cute.

I just nodded back and press the bell to alight at the next stop. I stuffed my ipod in my bag before standing up to alight. Myung Hee followed suit. We alight from the bus and Myung Hee lead the way back to her house since I've no idea where it is.

We walk for another 5 minutes or so before Myung Hee stop in front of a house.

"You can go home now, this is my house." she said.

I was about to reply when the front gate was open revealing the guy that sent Myung Hee to school earlier this morning.

Ah, so this is her oppa. Of course a brother will hug her sister and all. Just how foolish I can be?

"Oppa!" she scream for her brother and hug him, her brother returned the hug back to her before shifting his attention to me.

"Taekwoon?" He ask me.

I just nodded. He thanked me for sending Myung Hee home and for treating her dinner and all. I just smile and nodded my head before excusing myself to go home since it was late already.

"Taekwoon!" I heard Myung Hee called out to me.

I turned around and she came running to me, hugging me.

"Komawo Taek-ah, jincha komawo. For today and everything..." she thanked me after releasing me after the hug.

I was shocked.

From the hug. From the gratitude. From her words.

My heart is beating like mad. I can't stop it. Stupid heart.

Park Myung Hee, what are you doing to me?

 

A/N: I AM BACK PEOPLE! OMG, I last updated nearly a month ago. I'm so so so so so so so sorry! Was having my common test this week and for the past few weeks have been hectic thanks to my school schedule and everything! I'm so sorry my dear readers! I hope this chapter satisfy all of you. I might be posting another chapter next week or so after I'm back from my holiday :) Wait up! And did I just saw that I have 43 subscribers? I LOVE ALL YOU! Can I get 50 subs before my next update? heheh! SARANGHAE EVERYONE!