7

Heart of Ice, Jung Taekwoon

Jung Taekwoon

My mind keep on playing the small trip I went to with Myung Hee yesterday. Trip, not date. Keep that in mind Taekwoon.

Her bright smile, her eyes that turns into crescent moon when she laugh or smile, her chubby cheeks when she eats. Ah, why am I listing out Myung Hee's features in my head? Just what is wrong with me?

I started to paced up and down in my room, trying to get rid of Myung Hee from my head.

"Taek-ah! Dinner!" I heard omma calling me out for dinner from the living room.

I quickly snap out of my own world and went out of my room for dinner with Omma.

As you can see, I'm the only child and omma is a single mother. Eversince appa passed away a few years back, she have single-handedly brought me up. I guess that is just one of the reasons why I am who I am now. She make me into a strong person, someone who always have his back straight and confident wherever I am. As much as I am quiet and shy, I am not one who will cower in fear.

We had small tallks here and there whilst having our dinner.

"Ah, Taekwoon, why were you home late yesterday? Out with the boys?"  omma suddenly asked me.

I was surprised by her question. She didn't ask me anything when I got home late yesterday. I was contemplating whether I should just say yes or no. If I say yes she might ask the boys in the future where did we go on that day when I'm not even with them. But if I say no, she will ask where did I go and with who. Knowing omma, if I say I went out with a girl she will keep on questioning me and she'll be more than delighted that I am 'seeing' someone.

"Uhm, I went out with a friend."

"Friend? Who else do you know aside from Hakyeon, Wonshik, Hyuk, Hongbin and Jaehwan?"

"Uh, she's a new girl from my class."

"Girl? Yeoja chingu?!" omma exclaimed out excited and all.

"Ani omma. Just friends. We go out for dinner since she was upset and all. "

"Eh, my son is trying to be a gentleman neh? Introduce me to her someday k?"

"Omma......."

My mother just chuckled listening to my response. Aish, why must I be too honest at time. Just as I was about  to continue eating, the doorbell rang. 

"Omma, I go and see who it was ok?"

Omma just nodded her head and I went out of the living room to see who it might be.

The moment I open the door, I see Jaehwan standing outside, a box of chicken in one hand, a carton of beer in another.

"Chicken and maegju?" He said, holding up the two items.

"Omma! It's Jaehwany!" I called out to omma, while letting Jaehwan in.

"I was eating dinner with omma. Wanna join?" I ask him while walking towards the dining table.

I saw omma, clearing up the table, greeting Jaehwan at the same time.

" Mian imo for interrupting dinner time. Mianhe..." Jaehwan apologized to my mum.

"Ani, it's ok Jaehwany. You know you're welcome here. I wanted to go to your house to talk to your mum actually."

Omma finish clearing up before going to her room to change to go out. Me and Jaehwan settled down on the sofa, chicken and beer on the table, unopen. We waited until omma left the house before we can start on our little feast.

"I'm going off first! And Jaehwan, if you want to sleepover, it's alright. I'll tell your mother. And boys, keep it low with the alcohol ok, don't go all drunk alright?" omma remind us one last time before she step out of the house.

I grab a can of beer from the table and crack it open. Taking a sip of the beer, I leaned back against the sofa, enjoing the cool liquor going down my throat. Beside me, Jaehwan have started eating the chicken.

"What brings you here?" I ask him after half of the chicken were gone and we both started in our second can of beer.

"Nothing, just feel like having some chicken and beer with you. " he replied back nonchalantly.

I find this weird since Jaehwan is not one to come to someone house without any specific reason. Yes, he might be sociable, lively, chattable and everything but he always have a reason to come to my house. The last time he say nothing, it turns out that his father was fired from his job and Jaehwan needed a shoulder to lean on. Only after a few nudges then did he tell the truth.

Maybe this time round if I keep on pursuing the subject he will tell me the truth.

"You sure?"

"Yup." And with that he cracks open his third can of beer.

Silence beckoned over the whole room with only the sounds of us gulping down the drinks and munching the chicken.

"I like Myung Hee"

I was taking a sip of my beer when I heard that sentence.

My mind went blank and the liquid that was going down my throat got caught, making me choke.

Did I just hear correctly? I turn around to face Jaehwan. He just sit there, sipping his drink, ignoring me.

"Bwoh?" I question him back.

"I like Myung Hee"

Okay, I did hear correctly. I suddenly feel angry and something else that I only know by word, but not by feeling.

Jealousy.

I don't even know why.

Now I can see it clearly. All those jokes and talks he have with Myung Hee. He likes Myung Hee. A lot.

I drink the rest of the beer in the can in oneshot before crushing the can and throwing it at the table only to take another can and drink it in oneshot again.

I ignore whatever Jaehwan was saying and continue drinking. I don't even know what's going on.

I'm just jealous.

 

A/N: Back again! Anyone miss me? Heheh! I miss you all of course! Short chapter for now but hopefully I can update in the near future :) And I have 52 subscribers? OMG, I love you guys! Maybe 60 before my next update? Heheh, I dream big I know. Heheh, love you all! Comment and subscribe!