20

Heart of Ice, Jung Taekwoon

Park Myunghee

The school bell rang exactly at 3pm signifying the end of school hours. God bless. All I want to do now is to head home, shower and just lock myself in my room. I don't even now if Taekwoon have seen that note or maybe he didn't even realise it. I rather wait in agony at home rather than linger around school. God help me. What is wrong with me. 

I packed my bag as fast as I can before dashing for the door. I just need to escape the school zone before Taekwoon class is out or Jaehwan's or anyone else class are out so that they can't catch me. 

The moment I stepped out of the classroom, the hallway was slighly packed with all other students either going back to the cafeteria, their club rooms or just simply lingering at the hallway waiting for their friends. 

I use this chance to walk out before I can bump into anyone who would stop to talk to me or ask me out.

Luck must be on my side because the moment I stepped out of the school doors, I saw oppa's car at the carpark.

"Myung!" he called me out from afar, waving his hands.

I ran up to him, and hug him before getting in the car. The moment he entered the car, I started to urge him to drive away fast. 

"Yah what's with the hurry? Omma isn't even home. We can do anything we want until tomorrow. Woohoo!"

"Oppa please. I uhm, ah I have stomachache. Hurry oppa! I need the toilet!

He just look at me weirdly and started the engine. The ride home was silent but I did not even notice with all the conflicting thoughts in my head. Just for once I want all these thoughts gone. 

Oppa might have notice me being quiet because I rarely am when I'm with him because the moment we reach home and before I even had the chance to open the door he stopped me. 

"Park Myunghee. I know you're keeping things from me and I hate it. Tell me now. Oppa can help you", his stern voice stopped me but as he ends his sentence the tone softens up. 

That's my brother. Always noticing the ongoings in my life and knowing everything despite me not wanting to tell him. The last time I told him of my trouble, the guy received a massive one-to-one with him. And yes, I was talking about Kim Sunggyu. 

"Ani oppa, was just tired from school. There's just too much homework today", quickly avoiding his eyes and make a desperate attempt to escape those scrutinising eyes.

I know he won't believe my words, but I guess oppa just want to give me some space so he gave it a rest. We entered the house and make our own ways to our room, knowing fully well that my brother too is tired the both of us decided not to disturb the other party. 

The moment I entered my room, I just flop myself on the bed, not bothering to change out of my uniform or doing anything else. 

Did Taekwoon see the note? Or did someone else saw it? What if whatever that happpen in the morning was something that he regretted and he did not want to be with me anymore?

Am I even ready to be with someone again after a year? Am I rushing into things? 

But one thing I know for sure is that this time round it feels different. Somehow it does not feel like how I felt when I was with Sunggyu or maybe because when I was with Sunggyu it was just puppy love? 

I don't know for how long I've had this debate in my head, but the next thing I knew was oppa coming into my room and nagging away because I've not changed. 

"For goodness sake Park Myunghee! Go and change will you. It's 6.30pm already! Go freshen up and change. We're going to go out and eat"

"Oppa stop. You sound like omma. Fine I'll shower but where are we going to eat? Can we please please please eat hanwoo please!"

"Hanwoo?! Yah I'm a peasant here. Omma left us some money to buy dinner and judging by the amount I guess it's the good old bibimbap for us"

Scowling I just ignore what he said and head over to my bathroom.

 

Jung Taekwoon

The moment the bell rang, I rushed out of the classroom ignoring Hakyeon constant "Where are you going?!". I would have replied back sarcastically if I've not rush off to catch Myung Hee. Thanks to the note I'm rushing out and right before I step out of the class, a crowd started to form. I can't go through it but if I don't I'll miss Myung Hee. 

It's like a force field is stopping me from leaving or my feet is glued to the ground. Hakyeon realize what's going on. He pulled me back into my seat and told me to wait for a few more minutes before the crowd will be gone. 

I can't tell him that I was rushing off to get Myung Hee but at the same time, I can't even bring myself to go through the crowd. 

If I can't do such a simple things by myself, what makes me think that I can protect Myung Hee?

After 10 minutes or so, Hakyeon led me out of the classroom and to where the other 4 were at, by Jaehwan's locker which was the nearest to the door. 

" Have you seen Myung?" I whispered to him. 

Since only he knows the current situation, I dare not ask in front of the others. 

He just gave me a small shake of the head and I felt disappointed. 

Was she regretting her decision already?

"Guys, I'm going to head home first. Not in the mood for study group today. Mian" excusing myself. 

Not being able to stop all the conflicting debate in my head, I know that home is the solution. It's always the solution to everything. Other might think that home is suffocating with parents breathing down your neck, but that's my escape. Where I can live in a bubble not be consume in reality. 

I guess I can only wait until tomorrow to see what will unfold for me and Myung, and I shall pray that all will fall in place. 

 

A/N: HIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!!!!!! OMG BEFORE ANYONE CURSE ME, LET ME BREATHE FIRST PLEASE AND SAY OUT MY APOLOGIES. I'm so sorry guys for the lack of updates for let me see, 1 WHOLE FREAKING YEAR. I swear I'm like the worst author here. But trust me, I miss AFF I miss this story I miss everything. The past year have been super hectic for me. I've been running around everywhere. From work to school to handling a fanbase and everything else. And to top it off I taken up weekend part time job this year despite working full time from monday to friday. I know I'm crazy, and well I did mention how my life situation a few post. I will write it all in a blog post soon. It's better than writing in the author's note. This post it to symbolize me going for my last class tomorrow and in exactly 12 hours time, I'll be stepping out of campus, leaving as an unofficial GRADUATE STUDENT!! After 2.5 years finally gonna get that damn diploma. But before that I have a presentation in 7 hours time and I have to be in school in 6 hours time yest here I am at 2.39am hahhhahh SOMEONE HELP ME. Oh well, let's all pray that after tomorrow I'll be here more often. 

And I realised that I have 675 SUBSCRIBERS! YOU GUYS ARE CRAZY! OMG SO MUCH LOVE FOR ALL OF YOU DESPITE ME MISSING IN ACTION! I dare not promise I'll be a regular back here again, but I will try very hard to update at least once a month until the story ends. 

P.S : Do follow me on twitter @whatisataekwoon and instagram @taekbootie