2

Heart of Ice, Jung Taekwoon

Park Myung Hee

"OPPA! PALLI! I'M LATE ALREADY!" I yelled at my older brother who was taking his own sweet time to walk towards his car.

He just chuckled and quickly walk over towards the car, entering the car, igniting the engine.

I look at my watch, 7.45 am. I need to reach school in 10 minutes time. Oh why am I late today? Again.

Thanks to staying up late at night, watching my favourite drama series, I woke up late this morning, only giving me enough time to wash up and rush out of the house, without any breakfast and a messy hair-do.

Lucky for me, my brother still hasn't started his semester in college, so he could still send me to school on days where I was late, which turns out to be almost everyday. But sometimes I feel like I'm sacrificing my life asking him to drive me to school. At the rate he drive me to school, I'm grateful that I safely arrive to school in one piece, 5 minute before my first class starts.

I got out of the car, retrieving my backpack which was at the backseat before scowling at my brother for driving too fast, making me almost having a heart attack everytime he drove past a red light just like that.

"Next time, wake up early and take the bus pabo." he just replied me coolly, ruffling my hair at the same time.

Ignoring him, I took my lunchbox which was in his hands and turn around to walk away.

Just as I was about to take a step, oppa called me out.

"Myungie~ Didn't you forget something?" I turned around, seing him with his arms wide open.

I just smiled and give him a hug tightly, letting go to poke his stomach and sticking my tongue out before walking away. He just laughed at the back, waving me goodbye.

I turn around one last time when I reach the school doors to wave at oppa and as soon as I stepped in school, I could hear his small Kia Picanto driving away.

That's just the brother I have, protecting me, spoiling me, making sure I'm safe before he goes away. I thank my lucky stars for getting an oppa like him. I walk towards my first class, realising it was free study which means I won't get scolded if I'm late since it's practically free period for me.

I smiled knowing that I won't get punished at all.

"Hey." a voice softly greeted me.

I turn to my right and I saw Taekwoon.

My smile become wider, noticing him.

I greeted him back and I chatter about me being late and what happen just now. I don't know why, but I guess I just love to talk a lot. Taekwoon just nodded, once in a while, replying with a one or two word answer. With his usual poker face as usual.

Others might see it as something that is rude, not responding to the other party conversation, but to me, it's good enough. Throughout my first month in this school, he have started to warm up towards me, greeting me if he sees me in the morning, responding slightly to what I was talking about. And also for the fact that I'm his partner for most of the subjects since we have quite a lot of classes together.

"Oh yeah, why were YOU late?" I ask him, realising that he was late for school too.

We both took a seat in the libray, taking out books on the subjects we wanted to revise on, before he answered my question.

"Overslept." 1 word again. No surprise.

"Why? Did you stayed up all night? Watch dramas maybe?Oh were you reading?"My endless questions came out without me even noticing that it was endless.

"Something like that."He answered before concentrating on reading the notes in front of him, trying to memorise some of them for the Chemistry test later on.

I just nodded, and started on my studying. I take a look at the book in front of me. Physics.

Oh well, better get started at the things I'm weak at so that I'll get better.

"Taekwoon-ah, do ou understand this topic? I really don't." I look up to him, asking for help to understand the chapter I was confused at.

He looked up from his studying materials, and our eyes met.

My heart started to thump like crazy.

I look away in embarassment, and he clears his throat before snatching the book in my hand to take a look at the chapter.

"Oh, uhm, this is easy," he said putting the book down and starts to explain some things on the topic.

I look at his face while he explained to me.

He is good-looking. I can't take my eyes away.

 

Jung Taekwoon

RRRIIINNNGGG

My alarm rang out loud, waking me up from my deep slumber. I pick up the clock that was situated at the bedside table to take a look at the time.

7.05 am.

I'm in deep trouble. I overslept by half an hour. I'm going to be late for school.

I quickly got out of bed, snatching my towel, heading towards the toilet for a quick wash up before school.

I rushed around the house, trying to find my things, needing to get out of the house by 7.20 to catch my bus if I want to reach school on time as I don't want to get a detention for coming in late for my first class.

"Omma, I'm going to school!" I called out for my mother as I put on my shoes at the door.

"Jankaman Taekwoon-ah! Your lunchbox!" she ran towards me, handing me my lunch for the day.

I gave her a quick hug, before running towards the bus stop, hoping that I could catch the bus on time. Just my luck, the bus drove off when I as just a few metres away from the bus station.

I panted heavily, taking a sit at the seats provided, trying to regulate my breathing from all the running.

7.30am.

I really will be late for school.

Lucky for me, the bus that I needed to take came at that time, boarding the bus, standing up since there was no seats, I think about reasons that I could come up with to give to the teacher for my first class.

Oh wait, my first class is free study. I heaved a sigh of relief, knowing that I won't be punish since there isn't a particuliar teacher in charger for that period since it's practically free period for us.

I alight at my school stop and walk towards the school gate, noticing a small red car outside of the school.

Stepping out of the car was Myung Hee. With another guy.

The guy ruffled her hair after she said something and as she was about to walk away, he called out for her with a name, a pet name, and the both of them hug each other.

I felt anger all of a sudden watching the scene in front of me, but I push it aside, trying not to think about it.

No, I can't be jealous.

Myung Hee is just merely a classmate, nothing more than that.

I just ignore my thoughts and walk in school.

Noticing Myung Hee at the front, I walk slightly faster and my steps falls in right next to hers.

"Hey." I said out, just one word.

Oh, Taekwoon-ah! Annyeong!" she greeted me back cheerfully with those bright smile of hers.

I just nodded at her reply and just walk towards the library. I guess she is heading there to since we are walking the same way, knowing that she has free study period with me.

She started chatting about why she was late and all, and I just nodded in reply, not knowing what to actually say. But once in a while I would say something if I think it should be said.

"Oh yeah, why were YOU late?" she suddenly ask me.

I was surprised when she asked me that question. I just settled myself on a seat first before answering her question.

"Overslept." That's all I said.

"Why? Did you stayed up all night? Watch dramas maybe?Oh were you reading?"she asked me back, with her endless number of questions.

"Something like that." I just replied, not wanting to continue the conversation any further.

The both of us startd our revision when all of a sudden she calls me out.

"Taekwoon-ah, do ou understand this topic? I really don't." she looked up at me and our eyes met.

My heart started to race quickly. Beating faster than usual.

I don't even know why.

I just clears my throat and take the book from her hand, looking at the topic she was talking about. Forces. I guess I can explain it to her.

I explained it to her as detailed as possible and after that she just thank me andtried to do a few revision questions on that topic.

I look at how focus she was on her work.

She looks beautiful.

Correction, she is beautiful.