Think Think Think

Never Question

                                                                                   -Kim Eun Mi-

The wind blew through my long brown strands as I raced down the streets of Seoul on my black Yamaha. I wove in and out of traffic, making my way to my secret place.

Chunji and I had found the secret garden hidden away at the rivers edge by hundreds of trees blooming with cherry blossoms when we were just kids wandering the city looking for adventures. A little bench sits overlooking the water, surrounded by grass, flowers and trees, my favorite place in the world.

When I reached the turn off into the garden, I pulled over to the side of the dirt path, took off my helmet and placed it on the bike's seat, then followed the path down to the river.

This place was my refuge. Whether I was happy or sad, this is where I always came. The garden combined with riding my motorcycle were the one sure way of making me feel better, of clearing my head. By the time I got back to wherever I needed to be, I would once again return to being my usual self.

For now, I let myself think. Walking the dirt path, Chunji came to mind first. The boy who saved from my life, who protected me, who helped me start over. Chunji was the most important person in my life. So why did we have to argue over my boyfriend? It's not like I was in love with Mung Ri. Not yet at least. Mung Ri was something new in my life that I liked. Never before had I wanted to spend time with a boy other than Chunji and the teen top members. Mung Ri was fun and exciting to be around, and he didn't seem expect more from me than the basic girlfriend expectations. All he asked was that I be loyal and caring towards him. That was what I was trying to do.

But Chunji didn't seem to understand. I needed Chunji more than anyone else. I never lied when I told him that. I was choosing to add someone else to
my life, and that didn't seem so terrible to me. So why was Chunji acting this way? It was more heartbreaking than breaking up with Mung Ri would be.

"RAWRR!" I growled at the water in an attempt to let out frustration. I dropped myself on the bench, feeling the sunlight on my face. 

Why was Chunji acting like a jealous school boy? My stomach filled with butterflies at the thought of Chunji being jealous of Mung Ri and I smiled slightly.

I shook my head. No, Chunji was jealous the way an older brother would be jealous. That had to be it. I pushed back the thought, and tried to refocus myself. And yet I couldn't calm my heart beat after thinking of Chunji.

Was it possible that I loved Chunji that much? I had never questioned my feelings for him before. Maybe there was something more to my relationship with him....

"No!" I jumped up.

I was with Mung Ri. I loved Chunji, but there was no way it was in that way. And even if I did, there was no way he did too.

I repeated this over and over again trying to convince myself. Chunji didn't love me that way. I was sure of it.

I stepped up to the river bank and kicked in a pebble. Suddenly I missed Chunji so much. It didn't matter what kind of love I felt for him or what love he felt for me, he was still the most important person in my life, and the was one thing I knew I would never question.

I could feel myself tearing up again.

"Oh Chunji." I sighed staring at the water.

"You called?"

I saw his face reflected in the water before I felt his hands on my shoulders.

Normally I would yell at him. I would rant and annoy him until all my energy was spent. But seeing him there, I couldn't hold back tears anymore. I spun around and threw my arms around him, tears streaming down my face.

I felt him freeze, not expecting this kind if action from me. It was for a second though. Then he wrapped his arms around me an pulled me closer. I closed my eyes and buried my face in his neck. As confused as I was, I felt safe. no matter what, Chunji was the only person I absolutely needed.


"I'm sorry." he whispered in my ear. He pulled back just a little so he could see my face, one arms still holding me. He pushed away my bangs and wiped
away tears with his other hand.

"You look beautiful when you cry." he said. He glanced away, but looked back at me with his amazing smile that could brighten even my darkest day. My stomach flipped over at his comment. I giggled to cover what I was feeling and returned the smile.

"Thank you. You don't need to apologize though. I know you didn't mean to upset me."

"Then why are you crying?" he tilted his head sideways.

I didn't know what to answer. I didn't know why I was crying. I just felt too much all at once.

"I'm confused." I finally responded slowly.

"About? Mung Ri?"

"Yes..." I answered unsteadily. That wasn't a lie, but it wasn't the whole truth either.

I half expected Chunji to smile and be happy. But he let go of me and looked out at the water. I stared at him, waiting for him to say something.

"I don't want to be the reason you question your relationship with Mung Ri. Not if it's going to make you cry like this."

"Chunji..."

"I'm sorry for my comments I didn't mean for them to affect you like this." he turned to face me again and smiled sweetly. "So follow your heart, and when you're happy, I will be too."

I looked at his smooth angelic face. What was I looking for? What did I expect to find on his face?

I smiled back at him weakly. I was still so lost.


"How about I buy you ice cream?" he asked.

Despite the maelstrom raging inside me, my whole face lit up and I bounced up and down in place.

"Yes!"

"Let's go then!" he laughed as he took my hand and pulled me back to the bike. He picked a helmet off the bench and took the keys from me.

"Ya! Who said you get to drive my bike!"

"I just decided." he winked at me. "Can you really deny me?"

I narrowed my eyes at him.

"Fine...winner drives!" I let go of his hand and ran off. I heard Chunji laugh behind me and start running too.

No matter what, this was the one person I would never question
.