Wishes

Never Question

-Universal-

Eun Mi was lying upside down on the couch flipping through random channels looking for something interesting to watch. Teen Top had left early that morning to record for their album, leaving her to find something to do by herself until they finished. It was already mid-afternoon, and Eun Mi was still in sweats. It wasn’t really that she had nothing to do; she just didn’t feel like leaving the dorm today.

As she was flipping past a channel, she saw a commercial with a young couple laughing happily.

Mung Ri she thought to herself. She shook her head and changed the channel again. She hadn’t talked to Mung Ri in over a week.

She continued flipping through channels. Suddenly she heard keys outside and the door open. She looked up and saw Chunji walk in.

He stopped when he saw the position she was in.

“Were you really that bored without us here?” he laughed.

“No, this position is comfortable.” She stuck her tongue out at him. He just smiled back at her and walked over to the couch.

“Alright, let’s see if you’re right.” He threw his legs over the back of the couch and rested his head beside hers.

“See?” she giggled and looked back at the tv.

“How can you watch tv upside down?” he made a face.

“It’s interesting isn’t it?”

“That’s one way of putting it.”

It was silent for a minute. Chunji closed his eyes. He was tired from a long day of recording, but he was glad he could be with Eun Mi now.

“Chunji?” she asked still gazing at the screen.

“Mm?”

“What are your wishes?”

He looked puzzled.

“I mean, what do you love and want the most?” she laughed trying to explain better.

“Why the question?”

"I don't know, I just wanted to ask."

"Are you looking for a specific answer? You know me better than anyone Eun Mi."

"I know. But we haven't had a talk like this in a while and I'm bored!" she whined in a little kid voice and pouted.

"Alright, alright." Chunji laughed. "But if I'm answering questions so are you!"

"Deal!" she grinned and scooted closer to him.

Both their hearts beat a little faster as they noticed the lack of space between them. It wasn't a bad feeling though.

"Ask away cutie." Chunji winked at her.

"What's your favorite thing for me to call you?"

Chunji thought about it for a second. If he answered truthfully, what would she think?

"Um...Oppa." Chunji replied truthfully and shyly.

Eun Mi snickered.

"Ya! Then what's yours for me to call you?"

Eun Mi blushed but answered truthfully nonetheless.

"I um...I love it when you call me babe."

Chunji smiled. He knew that as much as she asked him to stop calling her babe because of Mung Ri, she still liked hearing that from him.

"Okay, how about...favorite place to be together?" she asked glancing back at the tv as a cereal commercial flickered across the screen.

"Our garden." he replied simply. "or home."

"Really?"

"All I need is you next to me Eunnie." he smiled at her warmly. She met his gaze and smiled back.

"What are you wearing to the autumn carnival?"

"Ya! What kind of question is that?"

He laughed at her red face.

"One, I'm curious. Two we need to go shopping for that. And three, I need to know if I'm buying or..." he stopped, unsure if he should finish. She shot him a questioning look. "Or you're calling your Dad."

Eun Mi flinched slightly.

"Um. It's not the end of the month yet, so I still have some money left. I'd...rather not call him unless it's an emergency. Besides it's just a dress, I can always wear an old one if I need to."

Chunji looked at her smooth face. He felt guilty for asking the question, but he knew she needed to be reminded that she had parents every once in a while.

"Who...are you taking to the carnival?"

Chunji scowled. He didn't want to take any of the girls at their school.

"Why do I need to take someone? I'd rather not. I have 2 weeks left anyway."

Eun Mi nodded, feeling slightly relieved.

"How...is your mom?"

Eun Mi gasped. Her mom was a delicate subject. She looked at Chunji with wide eyes. They had promised to tell each other everything though so she swallowed and answered his question.

"When I talked to the doctors last they said she's doing better. Not great, but her symptoms have started to go down."

He nodded. She was desperate to change the subject.

"Who do you love?"

Chunji froze. Did she really just ask that? He sat up and looked down at her.

"Who am I in love with?"

She lifted her head and nodded. Chunji didn't know why to say.

I'm in love with you Eunnie. How could I love anyone but you? You're my world, my girl. But you don't love me that way so it's stupid of me to think of you like this. I'm just one big idiot in love.

Chunji thought this as he looked into her big brown eyes. He wished she could understand what he was trying to tell her with his eyes.

Eun Mi returned his stare, feeling just as much as him.

Am I...in love with Chunji?

She didn't mean to bring up this topic, she was just trying to change the subject. Now she regretted bringing it up.

"I um. I don't love anyone Eunnie. The only person that matters to me is you." Chunji laughed trying to avoid the topic. He laid back down and took a deep breath. His heart was racing.

"Lies!" Eun Mi shot back.

Her heart was racing too. Her mind was working slower than . She mentally scolded herself. What did she want to hear, that he loved her?

"Eunnie stop. Next question."

"No you didn't answer truthfully. Tell me."

"Kim Eun Mi don't call me a liar." he glared. "You don't want to go there."

"Yes I do." he had never kept something from her before. "Try me."

"Eun Mi I only care about you. No one else. Now it's my turn, and since you seem to be so into this topic who do YOU love?"

He looked at her waiting to see her reaction. He hadn't exactly said he loved her, but he implied it.

"Mung Ri." she said not looking at him.

Chunji stopped breathing. His eyes widened and his mouth dropped open.

She was in love with Mung Ri?

He could feel his heart breaking. He knew she didn't love him but why Mung Ri?

Why not me?


Author's Note: HI! To all my lovely subscribers if I didn't thank you already, i'll thank you now! Thank you for subscribing it inspires me to keep writing! Please don't be a silent reader though, comment please!

Hopefully you guys like the chapter ^^ poor Chunji right? WOnder what happens next... ;)

Oh, one more thing, i'm looking for someone to make a poster for the story. Anyone interested? Let me know~

Please comment lovelies <3