Some Things Never Change

Never Question

 

-Kim Eun Mi-

 

“Chunji.” I poked his cheek. He was asleep on the couch. I had just gotten back from meeting with Mung Ri and found him curled up sound asleep.

He looks so adorable when he sleeps. I thought as I gazed down at him with a smile on my face.

“Oppa~” I sang softly trying to wake him up.

Nothing. He must have been very tired to fall asleep in the living room. I smiled down at him and leaned down to give him a kiss on the head before walking away. I didn’t want to disturb him if he was already sleeping so well.

I felt something grab my hand as I started walking away. I looked down and saw Chunji’s hand holding my own.

“Oh, Chunji you’re awake?”

He nodded his head without opening his eyes.

“What happened to oppa?” he asked sleepily.

I giggled at his tone of voice.

“Oppa, did I wake you up?”

He smiled but continued to keep his eyes closed.

“Kinda. It’s okay though, I’m glad you’re home.”

“You must be tired, you fell asleep on the couch.”

Chunji opened an eye and glanced up at me.

“I’m drained. I feel better now though.”

“That’s good!” I smiled broadly. “I don’t like it when you don’t feel good.”

He opened both eyes and looked and me seriously. I didn’t know what he was thinking, but as I met his gaze I felt my stomach flip over.

“What?” I asked. I realized we were still holding hands. It made me blush.

He smiled lightly.

“Nothing.”

I glared down at him.

“Yah! You’re being strange! Have you eaten? You get weird when you’re hungry.”

He laughed and looked up at me.

“That’s you Eunnie. But actually no, I haven’t eaten anything.”

“Ah!” I gasped. “You have to eat! Get up, we’re going to get food!”

I pulled him up so he was sitting up. One side of his hair was completely messy while the other side remained flat. I couldn’t resist laughing. Talk about bed hair!

Chunji noticed what I was laughing about.

“Yah! Don’t laugh, your hair is way worse in the morning!”

“Yeah, but that’s normal! Your hair is always nice so this is funny!” I continued to laugh.

“Eun Mi, you better stop…” he snarled playfully. I stuck out my tongue at him defiantly.

“Eun Mi!” He jumped up and attacked me.

I squealed in surprise. But instead of pushing me, Chunji had jumped up and thrown his arms around me, pulling me into a tight hug.

“Chunji?” I mumbled surprised. I hadn’t expected this.

“Mmm?” he asked.

I chuckled and wrapped my arms around him as well, laying my head against his neck.

It felt so comfortable to be in Chunji’s arms like this. I hadn’t been this comfortable in a long time. In fact, the last time was with… Mung Ri.

My eyes widened as I realized this.

I haven’t been so comfortable in someone’s arms since Mung Ri and I started dating. Why do I suddenly feel this around Chunji?

I had always loved Chunji’s hugs. They made me feel safe. I always knew he would be there for me.

But this hug was different. I felt loved. Not the way I usually felt with Chunji.

What’s going on?

“Eunnie” Chunji whispered in my ear.

“Yeah?” I breathed.

“You’re hearts beating really fast.”

My widened in panic. Why would my heart be beating fast?

“So is yours Chunji.” I replied. “You just attacked me. I was surprised.”

I heard him laugh quietly.

“Alright, that’s true.” He pulled back and smiled at me.

I smiled back. His hair was till sticking up. I put a hand out and smoothed it down for him.

“There all better~”

“Aish, such a kid!” he ruffled my hair playfully. “Alright, come on lets go get food Eun Mi.”

I smiled happily.

“And ice cream!”

“Well of course!”

I followed him out the door happily.

Even with Mung Ri, I’m glad to know Chunji is still the same. That’s all I want.