Cappuccino

Never Question

 

-Kim Eun Mi-

I sat at the small table waiting. I couldn’t keep my mind from going back to my conversation with Chunji.

Why did I have to start that conversation?! I mentally scolded myself.

I didn’t want to torture myself thinking about that conversation anymore, but I just couldn’t seem to let it go.

Chunji hadn’t said he loved me. But did I wish he did?

Did I love him?

I couldn’t seem to come up with an answer to that question. Plus, Chunji had brought up the subject of my parents. That alone was enough to set me on edge, but now trying to figure out what my true feelings for Chunji was driving me insane.

“UGH!” I yelled and buried my face in my hands.

Why is this suddenly a recurring problem? Why did I ever even question my feelings for him?

“Here’s your coffee Eun Mi.”

I looked up.

That’s why.

“Um. Thank you Mung Ri.”

I took the cup from him as he sat down across from me. I looked down at my cup.

“It’s a cappuccino.”

“Oh, right, thanks.”

I don’t like cappuccinos…

I took a sip anyway. It tasted horrible in my mouth but I didn’t let Mung Ri know.

“Eun Mi?”

I looked back up at him, meeting his gaze and making eye contact. Somehow it felt different looking at him this time. Something had changed.

I forced a smile. “Mung Ri?”

“How’ve you been?” he mumbled awkwardly.

I chuckled. “We haven’t talked in over a week and that’s the first question you ask?”

“Well I don’t really know what to say.”

I stayed quiet. I knew I had to fix this. After what had happened earlier with Chunji, I had to.

“Did you miss me?” I glanced at him.

“More than you know.” He smiled slightly.

I sighed. I had missed him too; I wasn’t going to deny that. But it seemed that as the days went by I missed him less and less and missed Chunji more and more.

“I missed you too Ri Ri.” I did my best to smile sweetly.

I wasn’t going to lie to him. I may not have missed him as much as any other girl would have missed her boyfriend, but it wasn’t a complete lie. I hated myself for doing this to Mung Ri when I knew I wasn’t sure what I wanted. I just had to fix this.

Whatever I had felt for Chunji was temporary. It had to be.

Even if I loved Chunji, I knew he didn’t love me. Why would he? We had been together too long to even let love be a factor in our relationship. Chunji was the most important person in my life, but Mung Ri was supposed to be the one I was in love with.

Loving Chunji meant risking losing him. That’s how things happened in my life. Something always seemed to fall apart right when I got what I wanted. I guess it was true when people said nothing lasts forever. I was thankful Chunji had stuck by me for so long. Changing that might mean losing him.

I couldn’t risk losing him. Not Chunji.



 

Author's Note: Sorry it took so long to update! Here's a chapter for all my subscribers :D There's more, but it would've been really long to write to wait for the next chapter..I PROMISE it wont be a long wait! Next chapter you'll find out what happened between Chunji and Eun Mi~