Snapped

Never Question

 

-Kim Eun Mi-

I sat at the back of the classroom, listening as the class president rambled on about various school problems we as class council were supposed to fix. Mung Ri was sitting next to me, fiddling with my fingers. Usually I found this endearing. Today however, he was getting on my last nerve.

“Stop please.” I yanked my hand away and crossed my arms before resting my head on them. I tried to focus on what the class president was saying.

“Next week we will start our anti bullying activities, and hopefully reduce the number of students withdrawing from classes because of that.” She continued. I let out and exasperated sigh. Today was dragging on forever. I wasn’t usually like this, but today everything annoyed me. All I wanted
to do was go home and eat a bucket of ice cream.

Mung Ri reached over and placed his hand on my thigh, moving in for a peck on the cheek. I quickly twisted away and smacked his hand away.

“What’s with you?” he whispered furiously.

“Kim Eun Mi, do you think you can help with the school carnival, since you have the best connection with entertainers?” the president asked me before I could respond to Mung Ri.

“Sure,” I replied quickly to cover up the fact that I hadn’t heard half of what she had said earlier. “Other than Teen Top, was there someone you wanted to invite?” I felt Mung Ri stiffen beside me at the mention of Teen Top.

“Well, we haven’t gotten that far yet.” She glanced around at the rest of the council. “What do you guys think?”

A few of the members raised their hands, eager to begin planning the schools autumn carnival. Not only was it a big fundraiser for our class, it was a rare opportunity to have fun at our high ranking prep school. There were carnival games, a circus, performers, and a dance held late in the night. Preparations hadn’t even started yet, and already girls were buzzing about who they wanted to be their dates. Most of the girls seemed desperate to
get Chunji and the rest of Teen Top as dates. I tried not to let this bother me, but it was hard.

“How about someone like Infinite?” A blond haired girl suggested.

“Eun Mi?” the whole council glanced at me, expecting to hear an answer of some sort.

“Infinite?” I mulled it over for a minute before smiling. Those were some of the most fun boys I had ever met. They had collaborated with
Teen Top a few times since their debut, and I had gotten to know them all pretty well.

“I’ll call SungGyu and ask if they aren’t busy.” I smiled back at everyone.

“Great!” she beamed. Mung Ri looked at me incredulously.

“What?” I shot him an annoyed look.

I turned away from him and refocused on planning the Autumn Carnival.

“Okay, we’re going to need to come up with booths and games. I’ll contact someone about getting some rides. Eun Mi has entertainers under control, so now we really just need to find food vendors to help us and plan the dance.”

“OOOOOHHHH LETS START WITH THE DANCE!” Another one of the girls squealed excitedly. I cringed slightly. Some of these girls were just too
much to handle.

“Okay, any ideas?”

“60s themed?” someone spoke up.

“No, too much work,” Someone else put in. “how about something simpler like a black and white dance. Everyone could dress in elegant gowns and tuxes.”

“No…”

They continued arguing with each other over what exactly our class theme should be for the dance.

My phone buzzed lightly. I picked it up and opened the text message.

Meeting over yet? I’m waiting at home! – Chunji.

I smiled happily. Chunji always made me smile, even when he wasn’t trying to.

No, I wish. They’re arguing over what our dance theme should be -__-;; - Eun Mi.

Mung Ri noticed who I was texting and yanked me phone by the cell phone charm. I nearly slapped him.

“Give it back.” I whispered menacingly through gritted teeth.

“You’re supposed to be planning. I’ll give it back when we’re done.”

I glared at him. I knew he wouldn’t give back my phone without causing a scene.

“How about a masquerade?” I suggested interrupting someone mid argument.

The council looked up at me startled. The president thought about it for a second, before chuckling lightly.

“That’s actually pretty good. It would increase the mystery of the night and if we theme it well enough, the whole carnival could seem like
something from the renaissance period. Good thinking Eun Mi!”

I smiled at her silently.

“Okay, I think that’s a good place to leave off for today, see you all tomorrow so we can finish up planning and actually start putting things together.”

I didn’t wait for anyone else to get up. I picked up my bag from the floor, stood up, adjusted my school uniform skirt, and held my hand out for my cell phone.

Mung Ri smirked, got up too, and placed his hand around mine.

“My phone Mung Ri.” I glared. I wasn’t up for his teasing today.

“Patience my love~” he whispered in my ear before kissing my cheek and dragging out the classroom door into the hallway.

“Mung Ri!” I yelled yanking my hand out of his grip and stopping in the middle of the empty hallways.

He sighed and turned around.

“What Eun Mi? Can’t I even hold your hand today?” he stared me down. “What’s wrong with you? You’ve been like this since that girl asked Chunji
about going to the dance during lunch.”

I bit my lip to keep from yelling at him.

“Nothing is wrong with me Mung Ri, I’m just not up for your jokes today. I have important things to do and I want my phone back.”

“It’s just Chunji.” He retorted.

I finally snapped.

“It’s never going to be just Chunji!” I screamed. “Chunji means the world to me no matter how much you hate that!”

I was so angry I was hyperventilating.

“How can you talk like it’s no big deal. You’re MY girlfriend, not his, as much as he wishes you were.”

I froze. Me, Chunji’s girlfriend?

“Dammit Mung Ri, this again? You are supposed to believe in me and trust me!”

He sighed, fully aware that this fight would lead nowhere, as it usually did.

“Eun Mi, I’m sorry okay?” he said trying to calm me. “I just care about you so much, I don’t want to lose you.” he gave me a weak smile. “Here.” He held out my cell phone.

I was still furious with him.

“Thank you.” I snatched the phone out of his hand. “But if you cared you wouldn’t make me choose between you and Chunji. Don’t keep pushing it Mung Ri. You won’t be happy with the result.”

I walked past him, heading toward my car.

“What do you mean?” he demanded with a furious look.

“I mean Chunji will always win! PERIOD!”

I could see the hurt on Mung Ri’s face. It quickly turned to anger though.

“Why don’t you get what he means to me and what you mean to me?” I questioned in an icy tone.

“Because I just can’t” he replied furiously.

“Then why don’t you call me when you can.”

I my heel and walked out the door to my car.

“Stupid Mung Ri.” I mumbled as I unlocked the car.

I remembered my phone suddenly. I opened Chunji’s message.

Why do we need a theme? All the girls look the same anyways. Except for you and your colorful dresses every year :) - Chunji

My heart fluttered at his words, and all my anger drained out of my system. It amazed me how Chunji could light up even my darkest day.

You and your ridiculous comments :D They decided on a masquerade theme. I have to call SungGyu too. I’m on my way home! – Eun Mi.

What was I going to do about Mung Ri? We hadn’t really broken up, but I really didn’t want anything to do with him for a few days. After the fight with Chunji a few days before, I just wasn’t myself around Mung Ri. I wanted to think I was just sick of him bashing Chunji. But thinking back to lunch when that girl had asked Chunji about the dance, maybe there was something more.

“Chunji.” I whispered as I pressed my head into the headrest of my yellow Mustang Cobra G.T.

Almost as if he had heard me, my phone buzzed.

Ooh I get to see in you in a frilly dress and mask? Hurry, I know you’re suffering from Chunji deprivation ;) – Chunji

 I had to laugh. Always the conceded one. I started the engine and began driving to the house I shared with Chunji, Niel, CAP, L.Joe, Ricky and Changjo.

I didn’t know what I was going to do yet, but whatever it was, I knew Chunji was going to be there with me.