Practice

Never Question

 

-Chunji-

It was Thursday and I was supposed to be meeting Eun Mi and Infinite at the school gym to prepare for the Autumn Carnival, which was just 2 weeks away. Seeing as both Teen Top and Infinite had daily practices, I didn’t understand why we were being forced to rehearse for the carnival too. Eun Mi had begged me though, so here I was putting in practice time even on my day off.

The things I do for that girl I smiled as I drove down the crowded streets of Seoul.

“Hyung! Who are you thinking about that makes you smile so much?” Ricky yelled loudly from the back seat.

Changjo smacked his head and said, “Eun Mi, obviously! Do you really think hyung would ever smile for another girl or drag all of us down to practice for some carnival?”

I sent them a glare through the rearview mirror. They were both so busy yelling at each other that they didn’t notice.

“Yah, calm down both of you. Acting like such babies.” L.Joe muttered from the passenger seat annoyed.

I saw them pout but close their mouths nonetheless. L.Joe could be quite intimidating.

“Why aren’t you dating her yet hyung?” Niel asked even though he had heard my answer many times before.

“Because she’s with Mung Ri. She doesn’t feel the same.” I answered quietly. Ricky and Changjo mouthed along as I answered.

“Yah!” I yelled at them laughing.

“Sorry hyung, we just know all your excuses by heart.” Niel smiled “But how is she supposed to feel the same if you don’t tell her? That girl happens to be very naïve and oblivious.”

I kept quiet. I could feel L.Joe looking at me. I knew what he was thinking; he had told me the same thing many times before.

“It’s not that simple.”

“Yes it is.” L.Joe replied and turned to look out the window.

 

We met up with CAP at the school, and then walked in trying to find Eun Mi. She was standing by the bleachers surrounded by a group of guys.

“SungJong why do you have to be so cute?!” I heard her yell before attacking a young looking boy with a tight hug.

“Thank you noona!” SungJong replied happily holding on to her tightly.

“Yah, my turn!” SungYeol pushed SungJong away and squeezed Eun Mi into a bone crushing hug.

Eun Mi’s face was red from laughter.

“Please stop, how am I supposed to organize a show if you’re all making me laugh so hard?”

“You’re not.” Hoya winked at her.

“Wow I leave Eun Mi for a few hours and she gets attacked by Infinite. Let me save you damsel in distress.” I winked at her walking into the group of boys and pulling her away from SungYeol.

“Damsel in distress?” she asked me annoyed. “Please, who wouldn’t want to be surrounded by these boys?” She winked back at them.

“Yeah!!!” They all cheered and high fived each other.

I gave Eun Mi a look of betrayal. She laughed.

“Okay, you know I love having you around!” she hugged me tightly.

“You better.” I smiled.

-Universal-

“Alright, can everyone please quiet down!” The president yelled into the microphone at the swarm of teenage kids flooding the school gym.

“We’re all here to help get preparations for the autumn carnival going! Please report to your stations and make sure to finish all the tasks that have been assigned to your group! We don’t have much time left so…yah! You two! Stop acting like girls and PAY ATTENTION!” she screamed at two first year students and threw her pen at them, hitting one in the forehead with so much force he fell over. Everyone in the room looked up at the president with big eyes, frightened into silence.

“Thank you. As I was saying, we don’t have much time left so please try your best tonight. This has to be a great event! Thank you everyone, work hard, FIGHTING!” with that she jumped off the chair she was standing on and headed over to Eun Mi.

“President In Dee, meet Teen Top and Infinite.” Eun Mi smiled at pointed over to the boys who happened to be comparing muscles. She face palmed.

Idiots, Teen Top doesn’t have muscles…well except for CAP.

The president tried to keep a serious face but failed. She smiled at them.

“It’s nice to see you Teen Top, nice to meet you Infinite.” She bowed at them respectively.

“You see us every day noona.” Ricky pointed out to her. L.Joe and CAP glared at him.

“Not every day Ricky, but it’s always nice to see all of you together.” She smiled back at him. Who could resist Ricky? “Thank you all for doing this for us. You’re going to make a fantastic addition to this year’s Autumn Festival. Thank you as well Eun Mi.”

With that, she bowed and walked towards another group where a few second years were helium out of balloons.

“I’d hate to be them.” Changjo whispered as we watched her approach them.

Eun Mi started laughing.

“President In Dee can be a bit scary.”

“Well, I do like them feisty.” Woohyun said with a smirk.

Eun Mi rolled her eyes. Woohyun was always the ladies’ man though, so she wasn’t very surprised.

“So Eun Mi, what do you need us to do?” Sunggyu smiled kindly at her.

“Practice! Well, all of you at least. I don’t sing or dance.” She laughed in response.

“Oooooh lets teach her our dances!” Dongwoo piped up.

Eun Mi’s eyes widened.

“No no no NO!” she waved her hands in front of her trying to back away. She bumped into L.Joe, who laughed at her.

“Come on Eun Mi, you dance with us sometimes.”

“Shush!” She slapped his arm.

“Come on please?” SungJong pouted. Eun Mi tried to ignore it but failed completely. There was no resisting SungJong. And all of Infinite seemed to sense it.

“We’ll take that as a yes!” SungYeol announced happily.

“Come on then!” Myungsoo grabbed her hand and pulled her toward the stage where they were supposed to be rehearsing.

Chunji watched them pull her away.

“Idiots, kidnapping my girl.” He muttered crossing his arms.

L.Joe snorted.

“Your girl? How is she your girl?”

“She should be my girl. That’s what I meant. She should be dancing with me not-“ he looked up and narrowed his eyes, “being pushed up against Hoya.”

“Hyung, he’s teaching her how to dance!” Niel put in.

“It’s innocent.” CAP agreed.

“How is rubbing up on her innocent?” he glared furiously.

“What’s wrong with it?” Ricky asked.

“They all look like their after her!”

“For what?” he asked again confused.

CAP quickly put his hands over Ricky’s ears just as Chunji muttered something inappropriate.

“Watch it.” CAP growled.

Chunji pouted but remained silent.

“If she’s your girl Chunji, go get her.” L.Joe told him. “Tell her. Otherwise she won’t ever actually be your girl.”

Niel and Changjo nodded in agreement.

Chunji glanced around at them.

“You have to talk to her.” L.Joe sighed. “Go.”

He pushed Chunji toward the stage.