Hero

Never Question

 

The bell rang through the hallways, letting students know that their brief moments of sanity for the morning were over, and it was now time to begin class.

“Oh, Mung Ri, let’s go.” Eun Mi said when she heard the bell.

Mung Ri made a face and followed his girlfriend down the hall, hand in hers.

“How about NOT going to class and doing something more fun instead?” He asked playfully as she dragged him down the hall.

Eun Mi rolled her eyes.

“I have to keep up my grades Mung Ri.”

“You have such great grades already!” Mung Ri pouted stopping and pulling her to him. “Please? One day, that’s all I’m asking for.”

He touched his forehead to hers.

“But Chunji-“ Eun Mi started without thinking. She felt Mung Ri stiffen.

“Ri Ri, you know school is important to me.” She said wrapping her arms around his neck in an attempt to make up for her careless statement. “I’m sorry.”

She tilted her head up until their lips met, kissing him sweetly.

“Aish, fine.” Mung Ri agreed. “Too bad, we could have had loads of fun.” He mumbled.

Eun Mi laughed.

“You’ll just have to take me on a proper date then.” She smiled and gave him a quick hug before they parted ways and she entered her classroom just before the tardy bell rang.

“Eun Mi!” She heard someone call.

“Elena! Nyssa!” She smiled, happy to see her friends. She sat down next to Elena, Nyssa on Elena’s other side.

“Class sit down please!” The teacher called walking into the room.

Eun Mi looked around.

“He’s coming I’m sure.” Elena spoke up.

“Oh. Who?” Eun Mi pretended to act confused.

“Yah, I know you too well. Chunji and L.Joe went to the bathroom or some other boy thing and they’ll be here any minute.”

Eun Mi nodded. She did know her too well.

“I’m not sure how to act with him.” Eun Mi admitted as their teacher attempted to get himself settled before beginning the class.

“Why?” Nyssa asked.

“I’ve never been ditched by him before.” Eun Mi laughed. “He’s like my hero. Always there when I call.”

“Maybe it’s time to stop depending on him?” Nyssa replied, giving her friend a stern look.

Eun Mi looked down at the desk.

“Maybe he’s not supposed to be your hero.” She continued. “Just a thought.”

Elena gave her friend a stern look.

Just then, Chunji and L.Joe walked in, bowing in apology to the teacher before finding their seats.

Chunji smiled at Eun Mi and sat down in the empty seat next to her.

“Eun Mi I’m-“

“Sorry. Yes I know Chunji, don’t worry about it.” Eun Mi smiled at him and pulled out a notebook from her bag to distract herself from him.

“I didn’t-“

“Chunji, its okay, I promise.” Eun Mi cut him off.

“Yah, why aren’t you letting me explain?”

“Because it doesn’t matter. Everything worked out. I even got to spend time with my boyfriend, so you don’t have to worry about it okay?”

Chunji was silent for a second.

“You’re mad aren’t you?”

Eun Mi let out a sigh.

“Do you have to do this now?”

“You promised to tell me everything.”

Eun Mi glared at him.

“Drop it. We’re in class.” She looked away from him toward the board where their teacher had begun scribbling notes.

“Kim Eun Mi.”

She let out an exasperated sigh and slammed down her pencil before turning to him.

“Fine. Yes Chunji, I’m really annoyed. I called you when I felt like I needed you, and you weren’t there. But it’s not your fault. It’s mine for always running to you. I have to be able to depend on myself and stop depending on you so much.” Eun Mi looked away from him again. “So I don’t blame you, and I’m not mad. In fact, I’m sorry. You’ve always been there before, so I thought this time would be the same. It will stop.”

“But I wanted to be there!” Chunji replied loudly, incredulous to what she was saying. “Eun Mi, please just-“

“Lee Chanhee! Is there a reason you’re disrupting the whole class?”

Chunji instantly shut up and lowered his head in shame.

 

“Thank you! Now back to the lesson…”

Chunji turned to Eun Mi.

“Don’t.” She whispered as she scribbled away.

Chunji looked over at L.Joe and CAP who were sitting in front of him.

They both gave him looks of sympathy.

Nyssa smirked and went back to her work.

Elena caught all of this but processed it quietly. She sensed something, but she wasn’t sure what it was. Not yet at least.

 

 

 


 


 


 

A/N: I know you all probably hate me for not updating in literally FOREVER. I just recently got reinspired though, so it's going to come in waves. I have school starting monday again, so patience please :((((

Hopefully you guys still like the story! Its been stuck in my head for weeks I swear LOL

Comment lovlies please, I always want to hear feedback :) <33333