Where do we go now?

Never Question

 

There was a lot of sitting and waiting. Chunji walked into Eun Mi’s room and plopped himself on the King size bed in the middle of her small room. Living with 6 boys had clearly affected her life; her walls were covered with pictures and posters of Teen Top and a few other idol groups she had met through them. There was a bookcase filled with video games they had all collected and played throughout the years, a pile of comic books next to the magazines on her bookshelf, and a framed picture of her favorite boxer with her dad, autographed and dated 7 years ago sitting on her desk.

Chunji picked up the picture, dusting off the edges with the side of his hand. Eun Mi loved her dad. He wished things could have worked out so they could have been a happy family instead of a well off one.

“Chunji?”

Eun Mi stood in the doorway to her room, facing Chunji with a puzzled expression. He glanced up from the picture and looked at her intently.

“What are you doing?” She asked casually putting down her bag on her bed.

“Just thinking.” He replied putting down the picture. “Where were you?”

“Out on a date. Like you were.” She replied coolly, beginning to put away the contents of her bag.

“Ditching school?” Chunji leaned against the desk watching as she occupied herself.

She didn’t reply but kept shuffling around putting things away.

“Are you going to talk to me or am I going to have to force this out of you Eun Mi.”

She sighed and dropped the sweater she had been holding on her bed.

“You chased me out Chunji. I asked you to understand and instead you accused me. I wanted to feel happy today so I went out with my boyfriend for once. And you were with Sang Ae anyway so what difference does it make? We were both where we wanted to be anyway.”

She shook her head and sat down on the bed.

“You’re kidding right? You were pushing me away Eun Mi! AFTER you promised me we would be honest with each other again. So I’m asking you to be honest, what the hell is happening.”

The next hour or so was spent yelling in circles, never really getting a clear point across, never really letting themselves listen to the things that their heart needed so desperately to believe. When they were spent and could no longer yell at each other without ripping their fragile hearts to pieces, they sat next to each other on the bed, momentarily silenced by the immensity of the space looming between them. They were so close and yet they felt so distant from the people they thought they were.

Minds numbed by feelings they could hardly deny any longer, they sat trying to piece together this puzzle they had been thrown into.

“Chunji.”

“Mm?” He looked at his hands.

“I lo-“ She hesitated before continuing, “I need you so much. You mean the world to me and without you I don’t know where I would be. But we can’t keep hurting each other.”

“So what do we do?” He asked just above a whisper.

“I don’t know.” Eun Mi replied beginning to tear up again. They had both shed a few tears already. She laid her head on his lap instinctively. She had done this so many times before.

Chunji her hair quietly, unsure of what to say.

“I’m sorry I was with Sang Ae.” He had wanted to say that all night and hadn’t gotten the chance.

Eun Mi shook her head.

“Don’t be. If you like her go ahead. We don’t get along but if you want, I’ll be civil as long as she does the same.”

Chunji squeezed his eyes shut as her words hit him. She didn’t mind at all?

“Why would you do that if you hate her?”

“Because I care about you. And you would do the same with Mung Ri.”

Chunji shook his head.

“Can we please go back to normal?” He felt tears sting his eyes again but blinked them back. She didn’t need to see him like this.

“I don’t know. We can try.”

Chunji nodded his head and continued her hair as a few tears ran down his cheeks.

How did they get to this? Where did they go now?

“It’s okay that you love him.” Chunji finally said to Eun Mi. He had been holding back those words for so long, always harboring a secret hope that one day she would see what kind of person he really was and come to Chunji once again. But he couldn’t keep living waiting for a fantasy.

“It’s okay if you ever fall in love with Sang Ae.” Eun Mi replied as well, feeling her heart tighten at the thought of Sang Ae ever being Chunji’s choice.

They stayed together like that for a while, processing everything that had occurred between them in the past and anticipating the future with heavy, confused hearts.

 

 



 

A/N: So this was kinda a random in between chapter written differently and slightly vague. But it previews and explains a bit so anticipate the rest! It might be a while, I have a lot to deal with lately. My best friend is in the hospital and I haven't really had a mind for much else lately. Thank you for reading and all your patience. Sorry its short, but please leave feedback!