Stable

Never Question

 

“Mung Ri, you are really REALLY terrible at this.” Sang Ae said in annoyance.

The two were in the back hallway, away from anyone who could see them. Even though Eun Mi lived with Teen Top, it was well known that she was dating Mung Ri and that Sang Ae had it out for Chunji. If anyone saw them together, who knew what kind of rumors could spread.

“At what Sang Ae?” Mung RI asked angrily, looking over her shoulder.

“Yah, cut it out! You’re making me nervous!” She pushed him down so he was facing her again.

“Well that’s why we don’t talk when there are people around!”

“Aish! First you can’t even get your own girlfriend away from all those boys, and now you’re yelling at me for trying to help you.” She scoffed.

“You’re in this for you, not anyone else Sang Ae. Let’s not pretend you’re innocent.” Mung Ri replied acidly.

“Don’t push your luck. You may be an honor student and a member of the class council, but you are still nothing compared to me. Remember I can DESTROY you if I want to.”

Mung Ri glared back at her, but bit his tongue, knowing all too well what this girl was really capable of.

“Good boy.” Sang Ae smiled. “Now where is your idiot girlfriend?”

“Yah!”

“Touchy touchy!” she laughed sarcastically.

“I don’t know. The president took her outside and I haven’t seen her since.”

“Well, as long as she’s away from Chunji I guess it doesn’t matter. Still, watch yourself. If she leaves you, it’s all over. We both know who she’ll run to once you’re gone.”

Mung RI flinched slightly at the thought.

Chunji doesn’t deserve her…

“Oh don’t look so glum honey,” Sang Ae winked at him “I’ll make sure she sticks by you. And when she’s not around, I’m always here to keep you company.” She whispered in his ear, sending a shiver down his spine.

 

 

“This is where were planning on having the two groups perform.” President In Dee announced as she and Eun Mi approached an old stage on the campus’ back lot.

“It doesn’t look too stable…” Eun Mi replied eyeing the old platform as of just one look would send it crumbling into a pile of rotten wood.

“I know, I’m going to have some of the lower classmen restore it a bit, but it’s actually a lot more stable than it seems. I thought it might be good for the boys to practice out here. You check out the stage, I’ll go call them.”

Eun Mi gazed at the large stage.

Is this actually stable?

It looked like an old thing, used and worn out by countless people before. How was she supposed to make something amazing from something so old?

“Aish. I’m good at planning, not a miracle worker.” She sighed heavily, pulling herself up on the stage.

“I beg to differ.” Chunji spoke up.

Eun Mi jumped at the sound of his voice. She had thought she was alone.

“Don’t sneak up on me!” she yelled annoyed.

“I’m sorry!” He laughed “But my ‘Eun Mi needs me’ senses were tingling so I thought I would come find you. Don’t be mad, okay babe?” he pulled up next to her.

Why do you have to call me babe…?

“Next time, don’t be so silent. Freaking acting like a ninja.” She grumbled.

“I’ll try to be louder then.” He smiled. “So, any ideas?”

“NO. What is president In Dee thinking? This thing is so unstable and ugly.” She twisted her face in false repulsion.

“Oh come on, it’s not that bad.”

“There’s a hole in the wall.” Eun Mi pointed out.

“Okay, fine, but, if we can dance on it, the hole doesn’t matter.”

“Can you dance on here? I don’t trust something that’s been here for so long.”

“Eun Mi, sometimes the things that have been around the longest are the most stable.”

He wasn’t referring to just the stage.

“Even though the new things look shiny and perfect, underneath they’re all the same and ready to break. If something has lasted this long, don’t you think it might be worth the chance?”

He smiled at her.

“Old means stable and dependable.” He jumped up onto the stage. “Here, I’ll prove it.”

He started humming one of Teen Top’s songs and danced along to the tune. The stage didn’t so much as creak.

“See?”

He held a hand out for her.

“All it takes is some faith and work.”

She looked up at him.

Depend on something that’s been there forever.

Eun Mi shook her head.

“If you all fall off and break something, don’t say I didn’t tell you so!”

Chunji rolled his eyes.

“Yes Eun Mi.”

She eyed him suspiciously, then took his hand and stood on stage next to him.

“Okay, I guess I can work with this.”

“There’s my Eunnie.” He smiled and pulled her into a hug.

“Thank you Chunji, you’re always there when I need you to be.” She smiled back and held on to him.

“And I always will be.” He answered quietly.

“Promise?”

“I already did, a long time ago.”

“And you kept your promise all this time.” Eun Mi looked at him gratefully.

What would I do without you?

“Um, Eun Mi, I… I have something I need to tell you.”

Eun Mi cocked her head sideways waiting for him to continue. He held her hands and looked at the ground between them.

You can do it Chunji.

“I…Um I…”

“Yah, just say it!” She pouted annoyed. “It’s me you’re talking to.”

“So impatient.” He laughed nervously.

He took a deep breath.

“Okay. Kim Eun Mi, for a long time now I’ve-“

“Where is she???” A voice whined.

Eun Mi turned to see a group of boys heading toward her and Chunji.

Goddamn them!

Chunji sighed in defeat.

“There you are! We missed you!” Dongwoo shouted as Infinite got closer to the stage.

Eun Mi looked at Chunji.

“Sorry.” She mouthed, looking at him apologetically.

She turned her attention to Infinite.

“Okay, I guess you’re performing here for the festival. Don’t ask me why, I just know this thing isn’t as fragile as it looks. Chunji danced on it already, so why don’t we try you all first and then Teen Top.”

“Anything you say Boss!” Hoya winked at her.

“We have a hot boss.” Woohyun said as he walked by her to the stage, making Eun Mi’s face darken from embarrassment.

“Yah, just dance!” she snapped at them.

Someone started the music, and soon, the real rehearsal was under way.