Annoyingly Hurtful

Never Question

                                                                  Kim Eun Mi

"Babe?"

I glanced up from my Biology textbook as Chunji walked through the door.

"How many times must I remind you not to call me babe?" I reprimanded, a smile stretched across my face despite myself.

Chunji was my best friend. He had saved me back in elementary school and protected me ever since. Him and the rest of Teen Top were my family; they loved me and took care of me.

"Why? Does your jerk boyfriend forbid it?" he smirked as he sat himself across the table from me. There was a playful glint in his eyes.

"Ya! He's not a jerk!" I glared as well as I could considering it was Chunji on the receiving end. "And yes, it bothers him."

Mung Ri had gotten so mad at Chunji for buying me the piggy doll and saying I would prefer to be with Chunji instead of him.

Chunji sighed and rested his head on his hand. It was no secret Chunji disliked Park Mung Ri, my boyfriend.

"Do you hear yourself?" he asked me, all playfulness gone. "How can you of all people let someone forbid you from doing anything?"

I looked down at my biology book. He was right, it wasn't like me to do what people ask of me. But my relationship with Chunji was hard for some people to understand. It never bothered me, but it always bothered Mung Ri that Chunji and I were so close. Mung Ri put up with a lot to be with me, the least I could do was ask Chunji to stop calling me babe.

"Chunji, we've talked about this before. I'd really rather not argue with you again."

"Aw, and I was so looking forward to making up after our fight." he replied winking.

Always the cocky one.

"Ya!" I shouted at him "I'm serious! It's a big deal to me!"

"Why?" he retorted, eyebrows furrowed in frustration. "And him of all people. Don't you remember that you only need me?"

The faint smile across his face as he spoke the last line was heartwarming. How could I be mad at Chunji? Out of all the people on the planet I loved him the most. I wished Mung Ri would stop causing us to fight so often.

"Chunji stop please." I looked away, unable to meet his gaze.

"He's gonna hurt you, I can feel it."

"Chunji."

"Why are you so determined to get hurt?!" he was getting angry, and this side of him didn't usually come out. "You're the one who said you only needed me, and now you don't want to listen?"

"Chunji you don't know what you're saying!"

"Ugh look at you! How can you act like this after yesterday?!"

I gave him the 'you better shut up' look. He flinched slightly. I disnt use that look on him often.

"Fine, do what you want, but don't say I didn't warn you."

"Fine!" I got up and slammed by textbook shut. I had to bite my lip to hold back tears. We'd had worse fights, but I was always one to cry when I'm frustrated.

I breezed past him, grabbed my keys off the wall, and walked out the door.



                                                                          Chunji

Why did Kim Eun Mi have to react this way every time Mung Ri's name came up? I put her piggy doll on the table where she was sitting a few minutes before. I didn't get to give it back to her.

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath.

She said she only needed me. Why couldn't she need me the way I needed her? Why didn't she get that I only wanted her?

I don't know when exactly it happened, but I was completely in love with her. I had never questioned our relationship because she was always with me. Suddenly Mung Ri was in our lives and nothing made sense. I despised him for being the one who was lucky enough to be with her now.

"Chunji!"

I opened my eyes and turned around.

"What's up?" L.Joe asked as he sat across from me, smiling broadly.

"Um..." I wasn't sure how to answer.

"Ah, another fight with the girl you love over the boy she loves?"

"Ya! She doesn't love him!"

L.Joe put up his hands.

"Relax. We all know she should be with you."

"Then why is she with Mung Ri?"

L.Joe frowned and shrugged his shoulders

"Ugh." I buried my head in my arms.
"She walked out on me."

"I saw that."

"Bike or car?" I peeked up at him.

"Bike."

"Dammit." I banged my head against the table. This wasn't good.

"I'm going." I stood up and ran out the door before L.Joe could respond.

I ran past Niel in the hallway, not even stopping to say hi.

"Ya!" He yelled after me. "Whats with him?" I heard Niel question L.Joe.

"Love drama." I heard him answer before I turned the corner and ran out the door.