CHAPTER 27 - Alice in Wonderland

WIN ME BACK JERK!

-----------------------------

No edit.

I am lazy, I know =_=

-----------------------------

27

------------------------------------

 

“Favorite color?” Jiyonng asked tiredly burying his cheek further on the pillow with lips pursed in a pout. He obviously looked annoyed, very annoyed.

 

“Black!! Oh…and white too!” Dara answered enthusiastically making Jiyong roll his eyes. He trained his eyes back on the papers in his hands and flipped through it looking for another question.

 

“Favorite movie?” Jiyong asked monotonously eyes fixed on the paper as if trying to light it up and burn it with his intense stare. Dara tilted her head backwards and stared at the ceiling as if looking for some hidden answers written on it.

 

Jiyong saw it and groaned in annoyance.

 

“Ugh! Seriously, why do I have to do this?!” He screamed throwing the papers in the air.

 

“Yah, Kwon Jiyong!” Dara immediately snapped standing up from her swivel chair and picking up the papers that fell on the floor.

 

“Why me? Why? Why me?” Jiyong immediately ranted, throwing tantrums while messing Dara’s bed. He came earlier for a visit knowing Dara was in their dorm alone. CL sent him a text earlier telling him that the older didn’t want to leave the house. CL had a solo schedule while Minji went out with her friends. On the other hand Bom was always nowhere to be found.

 

“Why you? Because you said you’re willing to help me with whatever I was doing.”

 

“Not this kind of help. This is torture you know? Torture!”

 

“Yah! Stop messing my bed!!” Dara launched forward grabbing her pillow that Jiyong was currently hugging. Jiyong held the corners of it tugging it back.

 

"Do you know how painful it is to ask you about things that you're virtual husband likes? It's like tearing my heart into pieces with my own hands! This is brutal babe. This is brutal!" He plopped down on the bed again after successfully yanking the pillow back.

 

Jiyong arrived earlier happily after receiving the text from CL and announced that he would accompany Dara in their dorm since he was a very good dongsaeng slash sunbae slash ex boyfriend. Dara was reluctant to let him in telling him she was busy but the younger was very persistent and allowed himself in rushing immediately inside when Dara dropped her guard to answer her phone.

 

In the end they both ended up in Dara’s room memorizing facts about Kim Jaejoong.

 

Dara took it in her heart when they lost the game. She felt embarrassed that she didn’t know that much about her husband. She was guilty and she wanted to make up for it. She was successfully memorizing Jaejoong’s profile bit by bit and was so close to completely memorizing everything when Jiyong came and had to ruin all her efforts.

 

The man came looking like the Kwon Ji Yong she knew from the past. The Kwon Ji Yong who used to visit her in the dorm wearing that big and sweet smile of his, eyes sparkling and face bare from any make up – just the simple Kwon Jiyong that she fell in love with.

 

This just reminds her how the bastard could still make her heart flutter with just that – without doing anything and with just being him. How she hated herself for having explosions of butterflies in her stomach when she saw him standing by the door smiling stupidly, eyes curved into beautiful crescents.

 

She cursed mentally hating herself even more because right now all she wanted to do was throw away the whole night she spent memorizing Jaejoong’s bio simply because the bastard looked so damn pitiful hugging her pillow and sulking like a baby.

 

She was still very, very weak when it comes to Jiyong.

 

‘Fine.’ Dara said and threw her hands in the air in surrender.

 

 Jiyong refused to look at her and continued sulking hugging the pillow tighter and turning his back to her. Dara rolled her eyes because Jiyong could be a really big baby when he wanted to.

 

“Let’s do what you want.” She said finally not really thinking. It was almost like nature for her to give in immediately when Jiyong was being a brat like this.

 

Jiyong slowly turned to her. “Really?” he asked, half of his face still hidden behind the pillow with only his eyes peeking out. 

 

How annoyingly adorable!!

 

Dara tried her hardest to stop her lips from smiling.

 

“Yes so stop acting cute now. Seriously Jiyong since when did you learn to be like this?’’ Dara exhaled loudly.

 

“Well, it’s not my fault that I am cute.”

 

“Shut up. So now that you ruined my plan for the day what are we going to do now?”

 

 “You were planning to memorize that crap the whole day?” he exclaimed incredulously.

 

Dara flicked his forehead hard making him wince in pain. “Yes, and so what?”

 

Jiyong pouted nursing his forehead. He thought, ‘how can a tiny woman manhandle him like this?’

 

“So what now? We have the whole day.” Dara said crossing her arms on her chest. Jiyong flashed that dangerous, dangerous smile of his and Dara felt like cutting her tongue. Looking at how Jiyong was smiling widely at her, she felt like she just committed herself into a big disaster.

 

 “I have an idea.” Jiyong said and before Dara could even take back what she said Jiyong was already dragging her out of her room.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

It was indeed an impending disaster.

 

Dara swore she would kill Jiyong later. Her brain was really messy and barely functioning, all she was thinking was how disastrous this was going to be and how sajangnim would chop their heads off if he found this out. Dara couldn’t believe he allowed Jiyong to drag her into this – she badly wanted to cry and run away.

 

“Noona, you look too tense. They will notice you.” Jiyong whispered turning the camcorder that he was holding towards her and filming her. He then waved to a couple of fans behind them.

 

“Dara noona is a bit under the weather.” He told the fans, explaining why Dara’s face was scrunched and looking oh so scary at the moment. He then turned the camera towards them and urged them to wave. They cheered in return and said it was fine.

 

Earlier, Jiyong came up with the craziest idea he could ever come up with. He took his car and drove them to the nearest convenient store around the area – but he made sure it was a bit far from YG building. He said they need supplies for the thing that he was planning to do. Dara was shocked when Jiyong announced that they would go inside the convenient store without any disguise on. He said, they would tell them that they were filming something like GD and Dara TV.

 

Dara almost ran back to YG building if not for the fans that spotted them immediately – Kwon Jiyong’s Lamborghini wasn’t something to ignore, it was a head turner. The fans crowded immediately outside the car and Jiyong made a show when he went out and asked them how their day was. The fans immediately screeched in happiness making Dara want to commit suicide inside the car. And to cut the long story short, she had no choice but to follow Jiyong’s lead.

 

“We’re going to poison Bom noona.” Jiyong joked waving a can of corn and making the fans giggle. He placed the corn inside her basket and grinned. It was actually working. The fans really thought they were filming something no matter how stupid and impossible it was since they were only using camcorders and with just the two of them.

 

Everything seemed to be doing surprisingly well but Dara still couldn’t find it to relax. 

 

“Dara eonni. You’re really pretty.” One of the girls said pulling her back from her trance. She turned her head and saw the other girls nodding in agreement. Dara opened but couldn’t seem to find the appropriate words to say so she came up with a muffled ‘hmmm’ and a small smile in return. Jiyong smiled at her before leaning closer and whispering in her ear.

 

“You’re beautiful” he said voice soft and breath warm.

 

She looked around the convenient store and noticed that the people were smiling at them. They didn’t seem to be making some story inside their heads and it made her relax. She loosened her grip on the shopping basket and smiled.

 

“Who wants banana milk? My treat!” the girls clapped their hands and cheered. Jiyong beside her smiled and nudged her taking the basket from her hands. Dara let him take the basket and lead her to the refrigerator where the banana milk was.

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------

 

“Jiyong-ah, I’m confused. Cheese flavor or barbeque flavor?” Dara raised two cans of Pringles with a slight pout. Jiyong stood up from crouching and turned to look at her. He knew she both love cheese and barbeque and asking him which flavor to choose meant:

 

‘I want to eat both but I can only eat half so share it with me and let’s buy both.’

 

Being in a relationship with her for a long time, he knew what a simple pout meant. He knew what a simple quirk of the lips meant. He knew when she was mad, when she was happy and when she was down. He knew when she needed to talk and he knew when she needed to be alone.

 

 He knew Dara more than anyone else.

 

He knew she was putting up a wall between them because she was scared.

 

He also knew she badly wanted to tear down the wall she built because she was scared too.

 

Dara was a person a person filled with different kinds of emotions. She was always confused making her vulnerable and weak. She was that kind of person who Jiyong wanted to constantly look after because he knew people could take advantage of her kindness and naivety.

 

Jiyong, again for the nth time felt like punching himself because he was that stupid to let her go.

 

“Let’s buy both.” He said smiling at her, taking the cans from her hands and dumping them inside his basket. She smiled widely clasping her hands in front of her chest.

 

“Come on. Let’s buy some drinks.” Jiyong dumped a few cans of original and sweet and sour flavors of Pringles in the basket as well because he knew Dara would regret later taking only cheese and barbeque flavors. Jiyong beckoned her to follow and to his surprise Dara linked her arms to him. A smile quickly crept up his face and he didn’t bother asking.

 

He also new this was a reflex Dara got used to after years of being in a relationship.

 

He knew it better not to speak about it and enjoy the moment.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Jiyong opened the door of the vacation house they secretly purchased when they were still together– their hidden paradise – and pushed Dara inside. He switched on all the lights of the house, though it was still very early making the house look so bright and homey. Dara took off her shoes and stumbled in amazed at how the house was well maintained. She went around the house with smile on her face.

 

Their pictures still crowded the wall of the living room with a life size picture of them looking at each other and smiling brightly being the center and small other frames of them just goofing around surrounded it. She smiled remembering how Jiyong was against it saying it was too cheesy and that was not his style. Dara had to blackmail him and pay him thousands of kisses as a compensation for his ruined image and manliness. Dara sofly chuckled, she also took notice how the pictures were arranged differently from how she remembered it. She took a step back and noticed that indeed they were rearranged forming a shape she didn’t want to believe.

 

‘Did the almighty Kwon Jiyong do this?’

 

Her thoughts were halted when a certain pair of tattooed arms wrapped around her waist, securing her firmly enclosing her in a warm embrace. Jiyong’s face suddenly appeared on her side – his chin resting on her shoulder – and spoke.

 

“You liked it?

 

His deep voice vibrated in her ears making her heart race. Her voice seemed stuck in that she couldn’t utter a word.

 

“Does it look like a heart? I am really bad at these stuffs. You know, being cheesy and such.”

 

Dara wanted to whack him in the head because it looked so damn like a heart so freakin much. Kwon Jiyong had really gone a notch higher in the romantic guys list and he needed to be complimented simply because he was Kwon Ji Yong.

 

Kwon Jiyong needed to be complimented or else he would think he did it wrongly and would try to redo it again in a completely and utterly wrong way.

 

Kwon Jiyong’s idea of romance was different from other normal people.

 

Dara patted him on the head and smiled.

 

“Yeah, it looks like a heart.” She said, putting her guard down a little because she promised she would give him a chance. There were times when she had forgotten that she promised Jiyong a chance but her guard against him seemed to be on auto mode most of the time making her blind of the efforts that the younger was giving. She felt bad for being unfair to him.

 

“When did you do this?” she asked.

 

“During my emo nights.” Jiyong laughed hugging her a bit tighter before letting her go and kissing her head.

 

“Come on, help me arrange our groceries.”

 

Dara smiled.

 

Yeah, arrange our groceries. That sounded so domestic and it gave Dara this prickly feeling in her heart. She followed nevertheless.

 

Jiyong took out the groceries from the plastic and laid it on the counter. It was funny because what they had were loads of unhealthy junk foods, a few loafs and bottled drinks.

 

“Let me put those in the fridge.” Dara scooped the bottled waters and ran towards  the fridge. “Yah! What are these?!” she exclaimed immediately upon opening it.  She left the fridge’s door open for Jiyong to see and glared at him. Jiyong just shrugged his shoulders and went back on unpacking.

 

“Kwon Ji Yong. Why is this fridge filled with beers only?”

 

“I go here on my emo days.”

 

“And so? What has this to do with your EMO DAYS???” Dara wanted to throw the cans of beer straight to Jiyong’s head to knock some sense out of his corrupted brains.

 

“When a man is broken hearted he has to drink beer. You know it better since you watch too much drama.” He explained nonchalantly. It seemed like a vein in Dara’s head just popped giving her severe headache. Kwon Jiyong’s reasoning was so unacceptable it was killing Dara’s neurons.

 

“So the pictures, you did it on your emo days with beer in hand?” she asked.

 

“Yes.”

 

If not for the bottled waters in her arms the beers would probably be flying already straight to his head. She calmed herself down and reminded herself that yes, it was normal that he’d be sulking after their breakup. He would be heartless if he didn’t.

 

“At least buy some decent food next time.” She said giving up. Arguing with him was pointless. She placed the bottles inside.

 

“Okay, on our next grocery shopping.” He said from behind. That stopped Dara.

 

On their next grocery shopping

 

That sounded fine to her. Maybe she should do some on her own and drop by sometimes. The code was still the same. It was still her house too. No reason for her not to comeback.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------

Dara sat silently in front of the floor to ceiling glass window that she loved the most hugging her knees and staring at the dark vastness in front of her. It was her favorite part of the house and at nights like this she would just silently sit in front of it stare out and fall asleep on sitting position, she never woke up in front of it though because Jiyong would always lift her carefully and take her to their room.

 

It was a bit odd for her because usually stars crowded the night sky at this time. Their place was pretty high, away from the busy and noisy city of Seoul and stargazing was perfect but now only a few stars could be seen twinkling and most were hidden behind dark clouds.

 

“Planning on sleeping on the floor like you used to do?” Jiyong suddenly sat beside her, wrapping a blanket around her shoulders.

 

“Would you lift me and take me to our room like you used to?” she asked in return barely thinking. She got tired already of measuring her words and being careful of showing emotions.

 

Just one more day, let them be what they used to.

 

Jiyong seemed surprised but smiled nevertheless and pulled her closer to him by her waist successfully decreasing the space between them and wrapping the blanket around their shoulders. His arm then went around her shoulders and rested on her farther arm rubbing it gently to warm it up. The gesture was so warm and so sweet that Dara couldn’t stop her head from leaning down on Jiyong’s shoulder making her body totally limp in his arms.

 

“I also wash your face, hands and feet with warm towel because you are such a lazy woman.” Jiyong then spoke, his head now resting on her head.

 

“I know. I was just pretending to be sleeping.” She answered.

 

“I knew you were pretending.” Jiyong replied.

 

They were bathe in comfortable silence, both enjoying just being like that not caring how uncomfortable their position was as long as their hearts were at ease, physical discomfort didn’t really matter. It was like; they were supposed to be like this, supposed to be beside each other, supposed to be together because they were perfect together.

 

Jiyong couldn’t remember the last time he felt this kind of bliss. The last time he felt his heart race, pound hard and fast inside his chest. It was deafening and he couldn’t concentrate because he was afraid he was dreaming, that all this would disappear, that he would wake up and everything didn’t happen.

 

He knew he deserved to be punished and he didn’t deserve Dara. She deserved someone better than him, someone who could take care of her, someone who could make her smile. Someone who wouldn’t hurt her like he did. Not someone like him. Not a bastard like him

.

He felt so unworthy yet, he felt he could change himself to be worthy of her.

 

“Babe.” Jiyong called – using the endearment he knew she loved the most. He wanted to test if she would reply, if she would acknowledge. A single hum was all he need, a low ‘eung’ would be fine too but he got more than what he wished for.

 

“Yes?”

 

Jiyong’s lips automatically curved into a smile. His heart doubling its pace, he was impossibly happy and he was scared he’d cry later.

 

 

“This isn’t a dream right?” he asked stupidly. Dara fought the urge to roll her eyes because Jiyong has his way of ruining romantic moods. She instead reached for his cheeks and pinched them.

 

 

“No you aren’t. Why are you being so cute like this?”

 

--------------------------------------

 

Fairytales do really end, and even though Jiyong felt like a ing girl he still didn’t want that fairytale to end. It was like he was given a short and painful chance again – like that one time when Dara stayed till midnight, till he was fast asleep, where he felt ing like Cinderella – now, another fairytale with a famous ending.

 

He felt like Alice in Wonderland. He knew after this, when they get back to their company, they will return to what they used to be. Like Alice who woke up at the end of the story realizing everything that happened was just a dream.  He was scared, so damn scared.

 

The elevator dinged signaling they reached 2ne1’s floor, Dara’s floor. The door painstakingly opened like it was in slow motion and Jiyong felt his heart clench.

 

“Jiyong-ah. I had fun.” Dara suddenly spoke. Jiyong couldn’t raise his head afraid that she might see the pain in his eyes.

 

“Eung” was his only answer turning his back on her

 

“Jiyong-ah…..Let’s go there again next time.” Before Jiyong could respond and properly process what he just heard a pair of tiny arms wrapped around his waist, hugging him from behind. He felt his heart stopped for a brief moment as sudden rush of emotions flooded him. He felt like crying and jumping in happiness at the same time. His whole body was trembling and couldn’t distinguish whether he was crying or smiling.

 

He was so messed up.

 

He didn’t know what this meant. But at least he could say:

 

‘He isn’t ing Alice in Wonderland’

 

His wonderland was real and it was hugging him tightly at the moment.

 

-------------------------------------------------

End of Chapter 27

[Okay. I didn’t update for 2 months. Stone me. =_=]

 

THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO PUSHED ME TO UPDATE. 

I HAVE READ ALL YOUR COMMENTS.

I LOVE YOU MY LOVELIES ♥

 

[on the update]

I noticed I was being unfair to Jiyong.

So here goes baby boy claiming what was previously his.

 

This is close to its ending.

It will have a DARAGON ENDING

(I mentioned in foreword that clearly this is a DARAGON fic)

BUT

I might make an ALTERNATE ENDING

(Jaejae is just too cute.. I can't >.<)

 

Lets see….

Convince me...

Comments juseyo…..♥

..

anjellie_ka