Chapter 21 - Of missions and bold actions

WIN ME BACK JERK!

CHAPTER 21

“Yeoboo…” Dara cooed the pouting Jaejoong. He was puffing his cheeks cutely and his brows were tightly mashed together. He was not in a very good mood and he had been ignoring Dara for an hour already. He was mad because Dara lost the bracelet that he gave her.

 

Before Jaejoong went back to Korea, he gave Dara couple bracelets. It was a trinket that had different stones --it gives good luck and good health. He especially bought it for Dara since she looked like a person who had a very weak body. At the same time he also had his. Dara’s bracelet was a pink one while his was blue.

 

He made her promise that she will wear it in her solo stage for Kiss. Dara was even ecstatic about it saying she will wear it the entire concert she even told him to look for fancams.

 

But Dara was not able to wear it and to make things worse; she even lost it in Japan.

 

This was the first time Jaejoong got mad and Dara found it weird how she liked the way Jaejoong was behaving. For Dara it was quite amusing. He looked adorable for her.

 

Dara tried to use her nonexistent aegyo hoping it would work again.

 

“Mianhe…mianhe…saranghe….” she sing-songed in a tiny voice but Jaejoong did not budge. He folded his arms on his chest and turned his back on her. Her deadly aegyo didn’t work this time.

 

“Aaaa… yeobo. Don’t be mad anymore.. I told you it was not my fault. The manager eonnie was the one who misplaced it.” She tried pleading her case to Jaejoong but the guy remained impassive. He remained seating his back facing her.

 

“Yeoboooo….” She tried to call him.

 

“……”

 

No response.

 

Dara was starting to get nervous. He really was mad and she was not used to him being mad.

 

“Tss… I even wore this during my photo shoot even though the photographer told me not to. I even bargained with them just to let me wear this.” He suddenly said looking at the bracelet that was still in his wrist. His voice sounded hurt and it made Dara guilty.

 

She should’ve taken care of the bracelet more preciously but she was careless enough to hand it over their manager who had loads of work in her hand at that time.

 

She dropped her eyes to the floor feeling guilty while pouting and kicking her mentally.

 

*ringing*

 

Her phone vibrated on top of the small center table startling both of them.  It was Jangmae. She smiled shyly at Jaejoong who just huffed at her before she took the phone and tapped the answer button.

 

“Dara-yah…” their dearest manager sounded very happy and excited.

 

“Eung?”  she answered shortly not in the mood for some chatting.

 

“I found your bracelet!!” he exclaimed. It took a few seconds before she processed what their manager meant. Her eyes widened and she jumped off the couch that she and Jaejoong was sitting.

 

Jaejoong looked at her confused but still maintaining the pout and mashed eyebrows.

 

“Yes!! Thank you so much…” she cried. The manager just chuckled in the other line.

 

“A P.A took it thinking it was hers but after finding out she had two bracelets in her luggage she immediately called me thinking it was the bracelet that you were looking for.”

 

“Are you sure that’s my bracelet??”

 

“Well…..Jaejoong’s name is in the plated heart dangling on the lock enough for me to assume it’s yours”

 

“Yes, that’s mine!!!” she exclaimed ecstatically while jumping. Jaejoong felt so lost. He didn’t know what was happening. The pout was replaced with a confused expression his brows scrunched as he watches Dara do summersaults and back flips in his living room. Well, it looked like she really wanted to do back flips if she can.

 

“Thank you..please keep it for me. Guard it with your life ok??”

 

The bubbly manager laughed heartily across the line.

 

“Arasso, is keeping it inside the vault of a highly secured facility fine?”

 

“That sounds fantastic”

 

“Ok, I’ll keep it in my fridge…” and with that another hearty laugh was heard before the line went dead.

 

“Aish…” Dara hissed at her phone while staring at its locked screen. She pocketed it and immediately sat beside Jaejoong tugging his arm.

 

“Yeoboo… I found it!!” she beamed at the confused male.

 

“You found what??” he answered confused.

 

Dara raised her wrist and made circling motion on her right wrist using her index finger.

 

FLASHBACK:

 

JAEJOONG’S DEPARTURE FROM JAPAN TO KOREA

 

The two sat silently inside the van as Dara’s manager drove them to the airport. Jaejoong’s flight was early so they had wake up early and prepare for his flight. The moment they got inside the car Jaejoong kept ruffling his bag as if looking for something.

 

‘’Tss.. why is this bag so deep it’s hard to search for things.’’ He mumbled in a low tone with a hint of annoyance in his voice. Dara peeked at him as he messes everything inside his bag.

 

“You won’t find it if you search like that.” She said. Jaejoong looked up at her then mouthed ‘how?’ with a sheepish smile. She chuckled a bit before taking his bag. One by one she took out its contents.

 

“Describe what you’re looking for so I can easily find it.” She said without looking up, diligently taking out its content one by one and putting it on her lap.

 

 

“It’s a pink box.” He said.

 

Dara just nodded and continued with what she was doing. She was already half way emptying Jaejoong’s bag when she found the pink box that Jaejoong was looking for. Her face brightened up in happiness when she took it out and waved in the air beaming at him.

 

“Found it!!” she cheered bouncing on her chair dropping the contents of Jae’s bag that she gently placed on her lap all over the floor.  Jae smiled as he watches her wave the pink box with bright pink ribbon on it.

 

She inspected the box with curiosity and shook it.

 

“Is this for me??” she asked smiling widely at him.

 

“How’d you know?” he chuckled. She sure is a smart girl, he thought.

 

“Coz if this is for another girl I’ll throw this outside the window.” She threatened waving the box in the air and raising an eyebrow at him.

 

He chuckled, “It’s for my noona.”

 

The smile on Dara’s face disappeared and was replaced with a pout. Her shoulders slumped as she stared at the box lifelessly.

 

“Of course it’s yours, silly.” He suddenly laughed as he messed her hair.

 

Dara squinted her eyes at him and pouted further, stretching her lips to their limit.

 

“Aigoo..so cute!!” he exclaimed poking her nose.

 

Dara slapped his hands making the guy flinch before eagerly shaking the box wondering what could be inside. Jaejoong just watched her quite amused as he rubbed his hand that she slapped. She gently tugged the bright pink ribbon loosening the knot and removing it fully. She shook it one more time before opening.

 

A smile automatically crept on her face as she took out the precious trinket from the box.

 

“It’s beautiful!!” she exclaimed quite loudly. Her manager turned his head a bit to look at them curious of what made Dara so happy. He smiled at Jaejoong before returning his gaze back on the road.

 

Jaejoong took the bracelet from her hand and secured it on her wrist. He raised her hand admiring how beautiful the bracelet was on her wrist. Her pale skin complemented the pink dangling stones and silver hearts.

 

“This will give you good luck and good health. You have to wear it always. Arasseo?” he said.

 

Dara nodded vigorously and saluted at him. “Aye, aye captain!!”

 

“Good girl..” he ruffled her hair as he showed her his own bracelet which was blue. “Now, you have a mission.”

 

Dara scrunched her brows. “What mission??”

 

“You know those missions that couples do. Like doing peace sign while performing let’s do that too.”

 

“Ahh..so you want me to perform while wearing this.” She said and he nodded.

 

“You have to wear it during your solo performance of Kiss.”

 

Dara nodded while inspecting the beautiful bracelet. “Deal” she said raising her pinky and offering it to Jaejoong. Jaejoong chuckled and took her pinky with his.

 

“Promise and swear that you will wear this in your solo performance. Sealed and locked.”  Jaejoong chanted.

 

“Promise. Promise and swear that you will wear your bracelet on your photoshoot. Seal and locked.” Dara chanted too.

 

“Prom--…. Wait yeoboo that’s a bit difficult.” He paused upon realizing his mission.

 

“How is it be difficult??” Dara pouted. Jaejoong paused for a bit thinking of the best reply. He can’t possibly ruin the concept of the photoshoot by wearing an accessory that was not part of the concept. It was just impossible.

 

“Why? You can’t??” Dara pressed letting go of his pinky. His hand remained hanging in the air his pinky still sticking out.

 

“Of… of course I can.” He said finally punching his head mentally because of the compromise he just committed. It will be a big problem if he won’t be able to do the mission. He was the one who suggested it after all.

 

Dara smiled brightly at him. She took his hanging pinky again and pressed their thumbs sealing the deal.

 

-------------------------

 

 “Are you sure it’s the one I gave you?” he asked still doubtful. Dara rolled her eyes at him.

 

“Of course, you had your name engraved on it remember?”

 

Jaejoong’s face lightened up as a small smile tugged the corner of his lips. He can’t deny the fact that engraving his name on it sounded purely cliche. But he can’t help it. All the corny things seemed so cool when he was doing it for her. Was he infected by Junsu’s cheesiness? He sure was contagious.

 

  “Good” was all that he could answer.

 

“Eyyyy.. you still mad at me for losing it?”

 

He pouted, “A bit…”

 

“What do you want me to do??”

 

He smiled cutely spreading his arms, “Hug.”

 

“That fast??” Dara said crossing her hands on her chest.

 

“That’s the problem. Do you know how frustrated I was for not having skinship? We’re together for more than a month already and no skinship yet. We’re the slowest couple that ever appeared in We got married. I was starting to worry you…..”

 

.

.

.

.

.

.

 

Dara hugged her suddenly making him stop his long litany of complaints. He was speechless as his hands hang awkwardly in the air.

 

“I am not good at these things. Mianhe if I got you frustrated.” Dara said as she clung to him her forehead resting on his shoulder and her arms wrapped around his waist.

 

Jaejoong’s heart was beating erratically inside his chest. He didn’t know what to do and how to respond with the little act of affection Dara was showing. This was what he wanted right? But his brains just seemed to have frozen. Awkwardly he wrapped his arms around her too. The awkwardly feeling was still there but everything just seemed right, awkward but right. How can that be possible? He thought.

 

“Yeoboo.. don’t you think your hugging me too tight??” Dara suddenly said. Unknown to him he was already hugging her tight while he was deep in his thoughts. His face turned beet red as he let go of her feeling the emptiness when her body separated from him. He suddenly regretted letting go of her. Maybe he should’ve just loosened the hug?

 

“Aigoo..look at your face. You’re embarrassed aren’t you?” she said pointing at his face.

 

“Who’s embarrassed? I’m not.” He defended turning away from her to hide his face. Dara started poking his back in different places to annoy him.

 

“Yah..stop that, it tickles” he chuckled while dodging Dara’s fingers. “I said stop.” He jumped off the couch and quickly ran to their bedroom. Dara went running after him but he was fast enough to lock the door. Dara pounded on the door.

 

“Yah..that is also my room” she shouted.

 

“Well, you’re a very bad girl so you’re sleeping outside.”

 

“What??”

 

--------------------------

JIYONG’S POV:

 

It had been a week since she arrived from Japan and she had not contacted me yet. She wasn't even replying to my texts. I thought we’re fine? She even promised that she will answer my texts. I pouted thinking that she lied to me. Maybe she just said that so I would go back here in Korea.

 

A needle poked my chest again.

 

No, she was not the type to make promises and bend it. She wouldn't forgive me if she didn’t mean it. 

 

“Hyung what’s wrong you look sullen again.” Daesung said as he joined me on the couch with a bowl of cereal in his arms.

 

“Gimme that.” I took the bowl from him shoved a spoonful of his cereal in my mouth.

 

“Ack…what’s this? This tastes like paper!”  I swallowed quickly the remaining cereals in my mouth disgusted on how it tastes. Seriously dieting should not be liked this. Daesung’s foods were tasteless!! Why did I even bother trying it? Ack..

 

“Diet hyung..diet.” he answered as he took the bowl from me and ate it. He was eating it like it tasted great. When in fact it tastes like paper. Seriously.

 

“You haven’t told me yet what happened on your trip to Japan.” He said in between chewing and scooping another spoonful of paper…..I mean cereals.

 

“It went well…” I said simply. I didn’t feel like telling information when things weren’t clear with me and Dara. I might be hoping for something I should not. Again, a needle pricked my heart.

 

“What do you mean well? Come on hyung I covered and lied for you. I deserve at least more than ‘It went well’…”  he demanded still munching his cereals.  It wouldn’t hurt if I tell it to Daesung. He was not a blabber mouth like Seungri and a nosy hyung like TOP hyung. Those people thrive and live to see me in agony. Tch.

 

“Fine. But you must not tell this to anyone, Arasseo?”

 

“When did I even open my mouth? My mouth is sealed hyung.”

 

“Good.” I took a deep breath before I started my story, starting from my arrival in Japan to stalking Dara and Jaejoong, to the cabinet incident. Everything, I told everything to Daesung. I didn’t know that I’d be this detailed but seeing Daesung listening to me without saying anything made me at ease. He just sat there munching his cereal listening to me and nodding muttering a couple of yes and oh.

 

“Then what did you do when she arrived here in Korea?” he then asked as I finished my story.

 

“Eo.. I texted her, asking if she was fine.”

 

“Did she reply?”

 

“No….”

 

“How many times did you text her?”

 

I raised an eyebrow. He was asking too many questions. But why do I find myself replying to every one of it.

 

‘T-twice…”

 

“Twice this week?”

 

“Yes?” I answered again. I didn't know where this was heading.

 

He sighed audibly as he placed the bowl of unfinished cereal on the table. I was not even surprised that he was not able to finish it. His tongue was numb if he’ll be able to eat all of it.

 

“Hyung… you’re hopeless….”

 

“What??”

 

“You shouldn’t have settled for a text. How will she know that you’re sincere in proving to her that you love her if you’ll just settle for a simple text? Goodness… She was gone for a month. The least you could do is visit her and ask her how she was. Was she tired? Can she continue with the tiring schedule? The tiring practice? You just did what you usually do before when you were still together. Sending her a text message and she’d be happy. One text message and she’d be fine. You’re no different from the Jiyong before.”

 

“…….”

 

I remained speechless. Daesung’s words were like bullets piercing through my heart.

 

“Hyung… make bolder actions.”

 

BOLDER ACTIONS.

 

“Like what??”

 

“I don’t know. You’re good at those things.”

 

“Does kidnapping her and locking her in my room count as bold action?” I asked in a serious tone of voice. Believe me or not, I was serious about this. The idea was very tempting.

 

Daesung threw me a disgusted look. “Why did I even talk to you? You’re hopeless.” He said.

 

“Hey I’m serious..like kidnapping her for a day and keeping her in my room and…”

 

“Hyung..this is the reason why noona broke up with you. Gahd you and your erted mind, so disappointing.”

 

“Hey… I was just thinking of keeping her in my room and…. and…talking to her, that’s all.” I said with an innocent look although my brain was already reeling onto what we could do in the solemnity of my room. :D

 

Daesung arched his eyebrow at me obviously not buying it.

 

“Well maybe a little cuddling will do… and a kiss on the side.” I smiled widely while blushing hugging the pillow next to me and burying my face on it.

 

“And you have to make sure no one’s here so that you won’t hear our noise..we’re kinda noisy when we cuddle.” I smiled sheepishly at him.

 

“My gahd.. don’t make me imagine it.. my innocent mind. I’m tainted! Don’t ever talk to me again.” He huffed before taking the bowl of unfinished cereal on the table and left muttering a few incomprehensible words.

 

“Hey…thanks for the advice.” I called out. He stopped on his tracks and turned around to look at me.

 

“Hyung…if you go crazy and ended up doing that erted plan of yours please do not mention my name to noona. I don’t want noona to think that I was the one who suggested this.”

 

“But you were.”

 

“No I was not!!”

 

“Do bold actions hyung…..” I teased  him, repeating the same line he said earlier.

 

“Shuttup or I’ll forget you’re my hyung.” He covered his ears and went running towards his room while muttering  ‘Noona will kill me..’ over and over. I laughed hardly, such a cutie.

 

“Now, kidnapping. That’s not impossible….’’ I thought while rubbing my chin with my index finger and thumb. A smile crept on my face and  I buried my face on the pillow again, giggling like highschooler who just received a love letter from his crush. The only difference was.. my thoughts weren’t so pure at all.

 

 

--------------------------

END OF CHAPTER 21

 

It took me forever to update. But you love me right? Keke…

Oh Ji.. You and that brain of yours… lol…

Till the next one…

Pyoong ^^v

 

@anjellie_ka