CHAPTER 23 - LETTING HIM IN, AGAIN

WIN ME BACK JERK!

CHAPTER 23

 

The cold room didn’t matter to Dara, not at all. No matter how the cold air seeped into her sheer pajamas (making her toes curl and her body shivers) the undeniably comforting warmth beside her made her lazy enough to get up and turn it off. Instead, she snuggled closer to the familiar warmth beside her. With her cheeks pressed on the man’s chest, her body enclosed in the man’s embrace, and legs tangled with the other’s in a mess she felt contented, warm and safe without reason.

 

The man beside her moved, his hand lazily searched and reached the comforter that slid down halfway his legs. He gently pulled it up over their shoulders keeping them both warm before his hand went back to its original place, the small of her back.

 

She smiled.

 

How she missed the soft humming of his AC/heater that kept the room cold during summer and warm during winter. How she badly missed his bed, the amazingly soft bed that slightly bounces when they move, the soft mattress that envelopes their body warmly, the comforting sound of bed sheets brushing and most importantly the musky scent of his beddings which she call Kwon’s scent.

 

There was a trademark, Kwon Ji Yong scent in all of his things. It was a mixture of his cologne, aftershave, shampoo and body wash. The scent stays in his articles for an impossibly long time. It was musky, enticing and ing y.

 

She wasn't dreaming, actually she knew where exactly she was, whose chest she was leaning to, whose legs she was tangled to and whose arms she was into. Yes, it annoyed her earlier how the three idiots kidnapped her and left her in Jiyong’s room. But a part of her was thankful for she badly missed the man.

 

All her resorts seemed to vanish as the scent and warmth that lulls her to sleep before came back. She suddenly felt like considering Jiyong and letting him into her life again.

 

A low groan was heard before warm lips touched her forehead and in seconds she was being pulled in a tighter hug. Jiyong’s hand rubbed her cold arm while his legs trapped her own in his.

 

“ing Seungri messed my AC again.” He mumbled, voice thick with sleepiness. The fact that she found the voice y even though it was sleepy and hoarse, alarmed her. But that can't be helped. Kwon Jiyong was y in every way. She knew that even before and she had learned not to fight that iness. It was a hopeless case anyways. She smiled against his chest.

 

“Seungri??”

 

“Mmm…” he nodded. “He’d always adjust my AC complaining that my room felt like he was in Africa. The bastard always sleeps over saying he was doing it to keep me alive..tch.”

 

“Good.” she chuckled.

 

“Good??”

                                        

“I told him to.”

 

“What?”

 

“I told him to sleep with you.” She looked up at him with a wide grin on her face. He cocked his head to the side staring down at her bewildered.

 

“Oh please use a better term. I am having different thoughts. If G-Ri shippers hear you they will totally go nuts.”

 

She just responded with an 'Oh' and an amused laugh followed.

 

“Why do you want him to slee--- I mean, stay with me at night?”

 

She laughed harder which the male finds a bit annoying.

 

“Because of your nightmares, I want someone near you to make sure someone will wake you up.”  she pushed away from him but the male held her back burying his face on the crook of her neck. She hits him lightly (and too girly for the othrer's opinion) that he just chuckled saying it tickles. She rolled her eyes and struggled a little more, nevertheless, he freed her after threatening him that she will not talk to him again if he won’t let go.

 

“Where are you going? I’m cold.” He whined with a pout.

 

“Stupid. I am going to adjust the AC. It is winter here in your room.” She was rubbing her arms as she walked towards the AC that was turning the whole room into a freezer.

 

How the hell can Seungri survive this temperature? She thought while adjusting the temperature.

 

Is his skin made of leather? She shivered when the cold air hit her face.

 

 I have to remind him next time not to kill Jiyong with hypothermia. She mentally made a note to speak with the maknae later.

 

---------------------------------------

 

“You really don’t have to do this.” Dara said. The other just smiled at her and settled himself at the foot of the bed.  He gently lifted her foot and placed it on his lap.

 

“But I want to.” He said. It’s been a habit of him before to cut Dara’s toe nails. The older doesn’t really want anyone touching her feet (especially her toes) so if it was not she herself, no other person can cut her nails but him. He felt a bit privileged and kind of proud. He smiled inwardly at the oddity of his thoughts.

 

The mighty Kwon Ji Yong is a proud nail clipper of Sandara Park’s toe nails. That was a bit degrading but oh well at least he had something to brag against Kim Jaejoong (if that was even worth bragging about).

 

“Babe…”

 

“Dara.” She corrected him.

.

.

.

.

He looked up at her with unreadable expression. It could be fear, confusion or maybe both? He didn’t know. He suddenly felt scared that maybe this was just like before. Like before, where she slept beside him and patted his back until he fell asleep. He felt so ing like Cinderella –without the glass shoes.

 

Is there a time limit again? He thought.

 

“We’re still not together, so you have to call me ‘Dara’.” She explained sensing the sad aura the younger suddenly emitted.

 

“Still not?”

 

“Uhmmmn…” she hummed in response.

 

“So does that mean you’re still going to accept me?”

 

“Not yet.”

 

“Yet??”

 

”I am considering.” She answered with a tiny smile. His face lightened up with happiness. It took all his will power not to jump on his bed, do the victory dance (which he was so itching to do) and look like a total nuts. Instead, he crawled towards her and wrapped her in a bone crushing hug.

 

“Jiyong-ah….”

 

“Yes…bab-- Dara?”

 

“I can’t breathe.” She gasped. He immediately let go of her and held her shoulders.

 

“Are you okay?” he asked worriedly scanning her face.

 

“Yeah… but you almost killed me.”

 

“Sorry.”

 

She laughed finding the younger’s stupidity cute. She just missed this Kwon Ji Yong so freakin much that she can’t help but remember how she loved the idiot and his stupidity. She patted Jiyong’s cheeks.

 

“Cute.” She said.

 

He smiled happily then leaned forward giving her a peck on the lips. The peck lasted longer than a normal peck should be. But still it was one of those rare soft pecks that you just wanted to lean to, lips just pressing softly, all sweet and innocent. He pulled away with a boyish grin on his face.

 

She frowned at him in return.

 

“Yah!.”

 

“I know… I know… no need to say it. But don’t tell me you didn’t enjoy these kissable lips of mine.” He winked at her.

 

“What are you saying?! Tss…. Stupid.” She flicked his forehead that made the younger wince and sulkily went back to the foot of the bed.

 

-----------------------------------

Nice moments like this should be captured, framed and treasured forever.  There they were laughing like the good old days when they were just a new couple, knowing each other, and exploring –nothing but simply two people in love.

 

Jiyong can’t remember the last time he laughed like this, must be a year ago when he still wasn’t a jerk and an -to-the-hole. Dara had always been and always will be the only person who can pull out this hidden side of him.

 

Dara admitted she liked the way Jiyong was treating her though the man can be annoyingly greasy. She was just glad the guy wasn’t throwing her stupid hearts and winks coz those are for fans and she was not one, definitely not one. And if he dare does she’ll jump out of the window.

 

“How can you let your nails grow long like this?” he said as he cuts the nail of her big toe.

 

“Hello, we’re in a tour. Do I have time for that? I’d rather sleep.” She retorted.

 

“You should’ve called me. I’ll cut em when you’re sleeping.”

 

Dara deadpanned. She didn’t know if he was being romantic or was just being plain stupid. It didn't matter, both seemed likely.

 

“I was in Japan for a month.”

 

“I was there too. Remember? But you just ignored me.” He pouted and right there she thought. He’s too cute for his own good.

 

“Please Jiyong, stop the aegyo.” She rolled her eyes at him. Honestly she loved how Jiyong can be a baby in front of her. He was just adorably squishy and it was taking all her will power not to squish those cheeks of him.

 

“Aegyo? I’m not doing it…but yeah.. if you find me cute just like this then I am very honored. Thank you”

 

Dara slapped her forehead. This guy’s ego was skyrocketing. Maybe it was a wrong decision to give him a chance. Coz obviously he was thinking that everything  was fine with them now, which was totally not true.

.

.

.

Well, partly but still he had to earn her trust again. Though love, he didn’t need to, coz it was never lost. He was a yes for sometime but still the things he did in the past outdid all the he did to her and all the crap he made her feel.

 

RING…….

 

Her train of thoughts was halted when the phone in her pocket rang. Jiyong’s brow arches as if telling her not to answer it. But being the stubborn person that she was, she immediately pressed the answer button completely missing the name of the caller with three hearts beside it.

 

“Yeoboseyo?” she answered eyeing the lizard at the foot of the bed her foot still on his lap.

 

“Noona…”  came Cheondoong’s voice from the other line.

 

“Eo… Gaetoong-ah. Why are you calling?”

 

“You wouldn’t believe who I am with right now.”

 

“Eh?? Who?”

 

“You didn’t check the caller ID did you?”

 

“Huh?” she was confused for a moment. She pulled the phone away from her ear and stared at the screen of her phone. She blinked a couple of times.

 

“Yah!! Are you with him??” she exclaimed.

 

“Your husband is cool you know.”

 

“You’re really with Jaejoong??” she exclaimed a bit loud. Jiyong at the foot of the bed flinched upon the mention of the name he despised the most.

 

“Jaejoong?” he mouthed pulling Dara’s feet to get her attention but instead he got a glare. Dara pulled her feet from him, afraid that he might murder her nails coz the way he was gripping the nail clipper was enough to prove that murdering her nails wasn’t far from impossible.

 

“Yeah…can you imagine it? Brother in law is cool” The younger answered with enthusiasm.

 

“Hey he’s your sunbae. Show some respect.”

 

“But he’s my brother in law too. By the way I’m calling him just hyung He told me to, so I’m doing it.”

 

“Where are the two of you?”

 

“Bowling alley. Need to talk to him? Wait….”

 

“No---“ she screamed but too late the younger seemed to be running already based on the shuffling sounds she was hearing in the background.

 

It was surprising how Cheondoong liked Jaejoong instantly. She knew her brother as an introvert. He kind of didn’t like talking to people that much and he was too protective of his noonas being the only man in the family since their father left them.

 

Jiyong had a hard time taming that little Dragon, but Jaejoong, just like that, they were out already playing bowling somewhere in Seoul like they had known each for a long time. She now highly believes his so called Kim Jaejoong charm which according to him affects both men and women.

 

“Yeobo” the familiar sweet voice of Jaejoong came. She smiled immediately.

 

“Yeo—“ she excitedly answered but stopped immediately biting her tongue, remembering she was still with  Jiyong. . She cursed herself for being so unlucky. “Annyeong..” she whispered trying to be discreet as possible.

 

“What’s wrong with your voice? Are you sick?? Want me to come over?”

 

“No..no…no..no..” came an immediate response from her. She pulled her hair and cursed silently. The heavens must be punishing her for committing adultery!!

 

“I mean. I can’t see you. Uhm… there are things I need to do and.. and.. I’ll be going out later so..so.. no need to come.” She said in a stuttering mess. She bit her tongue hard for daring to stutter in a moment where she needed it the most.

 

You sure?”

 

Yup!!” she answered quickly with feigned enthusiasm.

 

“Kay…by the way. Gaetoongie and I……

 

“Hyung… I told you not to call me Gaetoongie..it sounds awful.” Came Cheondoong’s voice suddenly.

 

“Oh not its adorable.. “ Jaejoong retorted, a loud huff was heard before a low chuckle coming from Jaejoong followed.

 

“ So where was I again?”

 

“Gaetoongie and I..” Dara said chuckling, finding the conversation of her brother and her husband adorable.

 

“Ah yeah…We will bring Dadoong to the vet tomorrow. I will bring Jiji too. You have to come with us.”

 

“Tomorrow? Uhm..okay.” she nodded absentmindedly totally forgetting that Jiyong was with her. The other was offended and he made his presence known by tugging her foot again.

 

PUT-THAT-DOWN.

 

He mouthed with vigor, eyes wide and hands gripping her foot tightly.

 

I-WILL-SCREAM.

 

Dara’s eyes widened for she knew that when Jiyong wanted to become stupid he will definitely become one. He was ing unreasonable at the moment and extremely jealous and she knew his brains get useless when he wanted them to be useless. Damn.

 

“YeoboIneedtogonowImissyoubye.” she said in an unbelievable speed and ended the call before Jiyong could open his mouth. She didn’t even know if Jaejoong understood what she said but she knew that he will definitely catch the ‘I miss you’ at the end. His ears were just too attentive to the words, Saranghaeyo, Mianheyo and Bogoshiposeo. So yeah definitely he heard that. Dara knew she will get unending rants from him if she forget to say at least one of those three words (sans Mianheyo).

 

“I miss you?” Jiyong breathed out accusingly.

 

And yes there was another person whose ears were too attentive to those three words. She concluded ---she was truly cursed to suffer.

 

“Uhmm.. that’s Cheondoong?” she reasoned.

 

Lame. She mentally kicked her brain for being stupid.

 

Jiyong arched his eyebrow at her. “Cheondoong huh?”

 

She let out a deep sigh and raised her hands in surrender. “Okay, I give up. Somebody just end my misery. I have suffered enough. Please just kill me now.”

.

.

.

.

Jiyong then laughed.

 

Dara stared at him confused. He totally lost it. She thought.

 

“Hey. If you continue that I will really call the mental hospital.” She said. Jiyong stopped laughing and crawled towards her. He pinched her cheeks and pulled it.

 

“You’re so cute I’m gonna die!” he said imitating the tiny kid in the movie Despicable Me. Now she was thinking, how the hell did she fall in love with him again? Crazy bastard.

 

She slapped his hands away from her abused cheeks.

 

“You thought I was jealous right?” He said.

 

Dara scrunched her eyebrows. “You weren’t?”

 

“Uhmm.. a bit.”

 

“A bit??”

 

“Yup. I’m a grown up man now. I don’t get jealous.” He said proudly hitting his chest.

 

“Oh really…” she retorted sarcastically.

 

“I’ll just go to the bathroom. I need to pee.” He excused himself and runs straight to the bathroom Dara watched him with amazement.

 

Tss. She hissed.

 

Kwon Ji Yong you can’t fool me. I know you too well.

.

.

.

Upon reaching the bathroom, Jiyong immediately locked the door and went to the bathtub feet slamming hard against the tiled floor. He sat on the edge of the tub and fished out his cellphone.

 

“Yeoboseyo” came the answer fast. “Wassup hyung?”

 

“That was fast…” he said.

 

“Yeah..you were disturbing me so hurry up.”

 

He scowled --seriously, he wanted to punch the maknae’s face.

 

“You were watching .” There was a long pause before Seungri cleared his throat and answered NO I WAS NOT!

 

“I need an assassin. I seriously want to chop off that Kim Jaejoong’s head.”

 

“What?? Are you nuts?!”

 

Who’s head is he chopping? you Jiyong that’s my friend!! Came TOP’s voice in the background. Jiyong facepalmed. His hyung was such a fanboy, it was gross.

 

“Am I on loud speaker??”

 

“Yes.”

 

“These bastards!! Go find me an ---“

 

“Talk to us when you’re sane. Bye.”

 

What the . Was that Taeyang?? He glared at the poor phone in hope to break it with his deadly glare. He dropped it to the floor instead and buried his face in the palm of his hands.

 

‘Jiyong get your straight!’

 

He cursed himself silently.

 

“I ing hate We Got Married. Like ing seriously and I ing hate our CEO for allowing Dara and I ing so ing hate Kim Jaejoong for being so damn perfect. That perfect bastard.”

 

He messed his air and hit his head lightly on the wall.

 

“I’m ing jealous and I hate myself.”

 

------------------------------

END OF CHAPTER 23

 

A/N:

Advance Merry Christmas to my beloved applers and theians!!

Sends you kisses and hugs.

Enjoy ♥

 

 COMMENTS PLEASE?

 

@anjellie_ka