The Painful Truth…

His Stupid Smile
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[Jihyuk P.O.V]

“Are you okay, Kwangsu?” I asked him. He was looking far ahead to the sea in front of us. I know something is bothering him, even though he might look like he care less about Geonil. I know he care about that friend of us more than I do myself. Kwangsu shake his head twice and sighed. I sighed too after a few second, losing words to talk to him.

“Don’t be too stressful, Geonil won’t like it if he saw it.” Sungje hyung come from our back with Sungmo. He stood beside Kwangsu and look at the same view as us.

“We do everything we can, we even move to Seoul. I thought everything will be just fine…”Sungmo said.

“He will be fine… if he doesn’t, I’ll be the first one to hit him.” Kwangsu said with his straight face.

“He will… Geonil is much stronger than what we thought he is.” I try to convince them.

I turned my head to the left when I heard someone sigh. It was Yoonhak hyung, he looks kinda tired and disturbed.

“Hyung, what are you doing here? Aren’t you supposed to be with noona right now?” I asked him, wondering what he is doing right here.

“Gahee want to be alone with Geonil for awhile. Hurmm…”

“Noona, for her to get through this once again… its must be hard for her…” Sungje hyung commented. Yes, I know it’s hard for her. We know that we are not there when her father died but we know it’s very well how much it’s hurt her and eomma.

[End of Jihyuk P.O.V]

FLASHBACK

At the beach…

[Sungje P.O.V]

“Geonil, did you go to the hospital yesterday?” Geonil was stuffing his mouth with three layers sandwich when Gahee noona asked that.

“Don’t wooffy, I $#@)*^*@^%*” my forehead frown when I tried to hear what Geonil is saying.

“Yah, can you finish eating your sandwich before you start talking!” I scolded him. He swallowed the whole sandwich and grin to me like an idiot once he finished it.

“Hee… mianhe hyung… what I wanna say is, don’t worry noona, I already went to the hospital and did the medical check up you want me to.” Geonil explained.

“So, when will the result come out?” Yoonhak hyung asked.

“Ermm, by the end of this week perhaps. I’m not sure.”

“Well, how about your chest? Is it still hurt?” Gahee noona asked with her concern eyes. Geonil just shake his head lightly and take another slice of sandwich on the plate.

“Geonil-ah, tell me if the result is out. I’ll go with you to the hospital okay.” Yoonhak hyung said.

“Okay hyung!” Geonil said with one thumb up. He took a glass of orange juice and finishes it with one slip.

“GEONIL!!” the four of us turned to that voice at the same time. It was Jihyuk, standing a few feet from us with his feet splashing the water playfully. Kwangsu and Sungmo were there with him.

“Boya?!” Geonil replied.

“Geonil pabo!!!” Jihyuk shouted playfully. All of us except for Geonil laughed loudly when Jihyuk said that. Geonil was just smiling but he smiles his evil smile.

“Yah! Khojo!!” Geonil yelled as he stand up and run towards Jihyuk.

[End of Sungje P.OV]

[Kwangsu P.O.V]

“Yah! Khojo!!” Geonil yelled as he stand up and run towards Jihyuk. I chuckled and pat my right hand on Sungmo shoulder.

“Yah, Jihyuk! You better run now…” Sungmo said as he giggled when Jihyuk face changed. He just realizes what he just said.

“Ahhh! Geonil-ah…. That’s not what I meannn!!!” Jihyuk shouted as he quickly run away from Geonil.

“Jihyuk! Stop running!!” Geonil shouted.

 He stops a few steps from me and took a deep breath. Something about him bothering me from laughing, he was holding his chest with his right hand and he was sweating like crazy. I’m about to say something to him but he look up to me and smiles warmly. For a second, I forgot what i wanted to say.

“BHAHAHAHA....!!!”

Geonil is still trying to catch his breath when Sungmo distract my attention by laughing loudly beside me. I look at him and turned to look at the same direction as him. I saw Jihyuk fell into the water when he was running away from Geonil, his reaction was so funny that we can’t stop laughing.

 “Yah, Jihyukie! Enjoying the sea?? HAHAHAHA…!” I said out loud. We run to Jihyuk and start splashing water to him, Jihyuk stand up quickly and splash the water back to us. We all were laughing at each other but I heard Geonil laughter the most. He was so excited and cheerful while splashing the water toward us until suddenly, I didn’t hear his laughter again. I’m not sure why but its make my heart feel uneasy so I stop playing and stand still, Sungmo and Jihyuk did the same thing too and for some reason, silence occupied the space.

“Geonil?” I called out Geonil’s name. Both Sungmo and Jihyuk look at me at the same time. Only then, they realized that Geonil is not with us.

“Geonil, neo neun eo di yae?? Its Sungmo turn to ask but there is no answer.

“Geonil, come on! It’s not funny!” Jihyuk shouted impatiently.

“Take care of Geonil… something is wrong with him lately, he makes me worried though. Please take care of him…”

We stare at each other for awhile… suddenly, we remembered what Gahee noona has said to us before we left for our vacation. I look around in a circle, trying to find Geonil. Its

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter