Chapter 28 [FINALE]

His Stupid Smile
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[Ji Yoon P.O.V]

I glance at my watch continuosly when Geonil enters the washroom. That place was too dark that I can’t see anything clearly.

“Ahh~ Geonil is so stubborn. We should have just go home but he still don’t want to listen to me… it’s too dark over there.” I keep on whining by myself as I look at my watch.

3 minutes…

6 minutes…

9 minutes…

I get up from my sits and headed to the washroom.

“Geonil is taking too much time!”

I don’t run but my feets was in hurry as it walks faster than usual, rushing its way to the washroom. My heart stops beating for a second.

It’s dark…

The washroom… he didn’t even switch on the light. That guy, he lied to me again. Saying that nothing is going to happen… what if?

I shook my head, wiping away all the things in my mind as I step into the washroom and switch on the light. I gulped. My feets feel so weak and I fall as I look at the floor… my heart is hurting me out. I grab the clothes on my chest, holding on it tightly till its look like its going to rip off.

A red coloured liquid… please say that I was wrong… please, don’t say that it is blood..

Because if it is… I’m sure it’s belongs to him…

My eyes wondering around that place, searching for something but there was nothing there, nothing except for the blood.

“Just wait here for awhile, I have something to tell you when I’m back. Wait here okay?”

Geonil’s words before he went to the washroom keep on echoing inside my head. I lean on the wall behind me as tears start to drop on my cheeks.

“GEONIL…………………..!!!!!!” I cried out his name. I know it for sure this time, that guy has taken my Geonil away from me…

[End of Ji Yoon P.O.V]

………………….

“Hyung, where should we find him?” Jihyuk asked. Sweat dropping from his head to his face one by one. He refuse to care about it as he looks at Yoonhak intensely, waiting for an answer.

He was scared. His mind was empty when he heard about Geonil. He couldn’t help himself from being scared. Geonil was the closest one with him in this family. He doesn’t want to lose his bestie. He doesn’t want to wake up every morning looking at the empty bed in his room.

“Hyung…?” He asked again, impatiently. Yoonhak look at him with his serious face.

“Everywhere… search for him everywhere we could…” Yoonhak ordered. His face has turned red as he glance on their family photo on the wall. His heart is hurting too. He failed to protect his family again.

“Eonni…. Mianhe… it was my fault, I should have force him to go home instead of going there. mianhe…” Ji Yoon apologized as tears keep on flowing from her eyes. Gahee was crying beside her and wrapping her body with her own hands. She couldn’t utter a single word to calm Ji Yoon, the least thing that she can do was pulling Ji Yoon close to her and hug that girl tightly.

“Jeongmal mianhada eonni…”

 

 [Sungje P.O.V]

I run through the neighbourhood alone while the rest of the members went to other place to find Geonil. I was running, wondering around at every corner of the neighbourhood, trying to find any possible trace that could lead me to Geonil.

Anything, just give me anything!

I was like a lost dog in the town, wondering for food. It feels so frustrating when I keep on running at the same place but I found nothing! Nothing at all! I lost my sense of direction as I keep on searching at the same place, I couldn’t even think properly right now.

My heart hurt more than what its look like. That guy! That stupid guy just stole the precious thing in my life. He took my dongsaeng away from me!

Damn it!

If only I was there… if only I can protect him at that moment….

I sighed as I walk alone, looking at my left and right. Calling out the same name over and over again, hoping that I can found something but I didn’t.

“Sungje hyung… that’s enough, let’s go home now. You’ve been searching for him since last night. You need some rest too.” Sungmo said.

I look at my watch, it’s already 7 o’clock. I look up at the sunrise as my heart feel heavy, its feel so heavy that it suffocated me. I forgot that time has passed for 6 hours. I turned and look at Sungmo with my dull face.

“I can’t find him...” I told him as I lean my face on his shoulder and burst into tears.

[End of Sungje’s P.O.V]

 

Later, at the school…

 

Jonghyun was walking toward the stairs when suddenly someone pulls his collar and push him on the wall.

BAMM!

Jonghyun eyes widened at the sudden action, he was about to burst out his anger but when he looks at the person who pulled him over just now, he calm down and smile.

“What is it hyung?” he asked.

“Damn it Jonghyun... where is he??” Yonghwa asked as he stares at his dongsaeng with his angry eyes.

“What are you talking about hyung? Who is he?” Jonghyun asked back innocently making Yonghwa tighten his grip on Jonghyun’s collar.

“Don’t get into my nerves, Jonghyun. you know who am I talking about. Where is he??”

Jonghyun smirk as he looks away from his hyung. There is not even a single fear on his eyes, his heart has become cold and dull till the stage that his feeling won’t get effected by tiny things like this.

“Since when has he become your concern, hyung?”

“Since you have turns into a monster!” Yonghwa whispered. Jonghyun turn his head quickly, facing his hyung with his cold eyes.

“I’ll be officially turn into a monster when you see his dead body later...!” he said coldly before he let go of Yonghwa’s grip and walk away, leaving his hyung in his deepest frustration.

“Wae Jonghyun? Why do you have to be like this??” Yonghwa sighed as he punches his fist on the wall.

He could sense that something bad had happened behind his back and when he heard that Geonil is missing from his boys, he rushes to find his dongsaeng. The thought that his dongsaeng could do anything to Geonil scared him to death. He knew it so well, when Jonghyun is too immersed with his own emotion, nobody could stop him!

[Mel P.O.V]

I was on my way to the staff room when I noticed Yonghwa drag Jonghyun and pushed that guy onto the wall. I stopped in my tracks and watch them both from far with my forehead frowning when I can’t hear a single thing that they said.

A slip of sympathy rushes through my heart as I saw Yonghwa grab that innocent guy’s collar and talk to him like he was going to eat him alive. Jonghyun looked away for awhile but something that Yonghwa said makes he looked back at his hyung with a cold expression.

I was surprised by his expression, I’ve never seen that side of him. The coldness he has in his eyes started to give me a goosebump.

What the heck is that? What’s with the coldness in his eyes?

I never thought Jonghyun could be like that, like he was heartless when he listens to whatever the thing that Yonghwa told him. Then, when he walks away from his hyung, I saw Yonghwa punched the wall with anger. He turned to my way and walk quickly like he was in hurry, his face looks like he is in his deepest frustration, and it was like he feels disappointed over something.

I saw his expression changed drastically when he looked up and saw me. I can sense that he was surprised to see me there or to be exact, he was surprised to see me looking at him because I would always find away not to even have an eye contact with him.

“Why do you always like to make people life in misery?” suddenly those words popped out from my mouth when he passed by me. He stops walking and look at me. I gulped.

Why do I always seek for problem?

I glance at him for a bit, waiting for him to say something or at least mocking me like he always did but he didn’t do anything except for staring at me with his soft brownish coloured eyes. He didn’t smirk or smiles sarcastically like usual, he just look at me without doing anything. I looked back to him, analyzing everything I could see from his face, trying to read his thought but the only thing that I could see was his sad and guilty eyes.

My heart soften as I look straight to his eyes, “Yonghwa…” my words was left hanging when he looked away and leave me there without a word.

I turned and looked at him with a confuse look. I could sense that he was trying to tell me something but I just couldn’t think of anything. I never seen him like that and I couldn’t believe myself for worrying about him although it just for a second.

[End of Mel P.O.V]

 

At the same time….

Ji Yoon’s house…

 

[Ji Yoon P.O.V]

I close the gate slowly and locked it. For a second, I look at Geonil’s house back, waiting for something. I was hoping that I could see Geonil standing in front of there, walking into his house and said that he was okay and that he left me alone last night because there’s something urgent he need to do.

I ruffle my hairs continuously, letting it in a mess as I close my eyes, trying to get myself back into reality. I turned around and ready to walk into my house but my feets stop walking when I noticed an envelope slip on my mail box. My heart pounded.

I took out the envelope and open it without thinking twice, as if I know for who that letter was…

I tossed away the letter as soon as I finished reading it. There is  a sharp sting of pain in my heart when I read the letter and I can’t help but to cry like a child as I hug my knee and cuddling myself at a corner, staring at the letter like I could see the one who wrote it.

“ARGHH!!!”

Why? Why does it have to be me? I don’t want to lose him because of me!!!

 

“I did this for you… for our happiness…

HE IS NOT THE ONE FOR YOU! I AM!

Just wait for awhile and you’ll see me.

Don’t you feel happy Ji Yoon?

Finally,

We can be together.”

 

“Eonni!!”

My face was sinked on my palms as I cried like everything was gone, like I had lost my world. I didn’t notice the time until my sister come home and running to me. She looks at me with her worried face but I just looked her back with a dull expression.

“Eonni, what are you doing outside here?” she asked me as she caress my hair slowly and look around. She stops what she is doing once she saw the crumpled letter on the floor. She looks me back and stares into my eyes for a second before she hugs me tightly.

“Eonni, be strong! Please, get a hold of yourself. We will find Geonil oppa. Don’t blame yourself, eonni. It’s not your fault!” she said as she caresses my back.

Tears start to drop again… like the tears drop of rains during the monsoon…

I lost my soul… Geonil was my soul….

[End of Ji Yoon P.O.V]

 

Somewhere in the town…

[Geonil P.O.V]

I woke up from my long sleep with a pounding headache. I try to open my eyes but the pain from my head forces me to close it halfway.

“Erghhh~!” I put my hand on my head lightly.

Damn, this pain is killing me till at one second I feel like my head is going to explode any time soon. I looked around the place with my blur sight, surveying the room but I can’t see anything clearly.

“Tcchhh….” I shook my head vigorously to regain my consciousness back…

But once I open my eyes widely, the first thing I saw was….

“WHAT THE….” I blinked.

I stare at the pictures pasted on the wall in front of me, there were lots of my pictures there but all of them were destroyed by a marker or something sharp like knife. I try to get up to my feet but I fall back to the floor when I feel the sudden pain in my head.

“Erghh…” I rub my head carefully, afraid that I might touch my wound.

“Where am I?” I mumbled alone as I look around me, searching for some answer.

[End of Geonil P.O.V]

 

“You are awake.” Jonghyun said as he enters the room with his school uniform.

Geonil gasped in surprise as he looks at Jonghyun with his disbelief face. He stepped back when Jonghyun took a few steps closer to him.

“Jonghyun? What are you doing here??” Geonil asked, his eyes were straying to Jonghyun as he tries to make sense of that guy appearance in that room.

“Surprise~!” Jonghyun announced as he spread both of his hands, smiling widely like he had won a lottery.

Geonil stayed in silent as he looked at Jonghyun with confusion.

“Aww~ you look confused Geonil. Can’t you guess why I am here??” Jonghyun asked, his hair to the back.

Geonil looked at him for a second before he looked around the room, the pictures on the wall and lastly, he touches his head as he tries to simplify everything that had happened.

“You are the one who did all these??” He concludes, looking at Jonghyun with his frowned face.

Jonghyun laughed sarcastically and looked at Geonil with his cold eyes and his heartless heart. He totally changed into a different person after he heard Geonil’s conclusion about him.

“Indeed, you are a smart boy.” He exclaimed. He looks at Geonil with a big grin on his face, announcing his victory for separating the two love birds.

Geonil looked down to the floor and start laughing quietly, he was laughing at his stupidity for believing that Jonghyun was just a regular guy in his school, a regular guy that won’t bring any harm if he put his trust on that guy and build a bridge of friendship with him. He continues laughing and this time it’s become louder till Jonghyun start to get annoyed with it.

“What are you laughing at?!”

Geonil stop laughing and hissed at Jonghyun’s question. “I’m laughing at my stupidity for believing you like a fool. I thought I could trust you to be my friend but you turn out to be my enemy.” Geonil explained as he looks at Jonghyun with his normal expression.

Jonghyun smirked when he heard the answer because that was exactly what he wants Geonil to feel.

“You like Ji Yoon aren’t you?” Geonil asked.

Jonghyun froze for a second, “Not just like, I love her and I want her!”

“And what makes you think that by doing all this, you will get her?” Jonghyun froze again, staring at Geonil as his eyes burning with anger.

He turned around, facing his back to Geonil as he his hair using both of his hand, trying to hold his anger.

“For the past ten years, I’ve been trying to pursue her, trying to be close with her…”

Geonil eyes widened with the words ten years. He was surprised to know that Jonghyun knew Ji Yoon as long as he knew her too.

“But she just won’t open her heart to me… and this is all because of you!!” Jonghyun yelled, pointing his finger out to Geonil as his eyes burn with anger.

“She used to be MY FRIEND but she always thinks YOU ARE MORE SPECIAL than anybody else!” Jonghyun shouted, jerking his body in front of Geonil.

Geonil stood silently, listening to every single word that coming out from Jonghyun’s mouth.

“When she was sad, when she wants to cry, the only one who comes out in her mind was only YOU!”

“I’m sick of her keep on calling your name! Why can’t she call me? Why??!” Jonghyun shouted, trowing everything that he could grab like a mad man.

Suddenly, he turned around and looked at Geonil with his fiercy eyes.

“I always thought that by getting rid of you, she’ll see me and that’s what I try to do ten years ago. And you know what? I did it!!” Jonghyun said proudly as he chuckled at the memories of his sweet victory.

“What do you mean by that??” Geonil asked, confused by Jonghyun sudden confession.

“What do you mean by getting rid of me ten years ago? You didn’t do anything, I moved because my father die and my mother want to go back to her hometown.” Geonil added. He can’t make sense of what Jonghyun has told him just now.

“You didn’t know?” Jonghyun asked as he placed his hand on his pocket.

“Know what?”

“That your father didn’t die because of his sickness but because someone switch off the only machine that help him to keep on living.”

Geonil eyes widened at what he just heard. There’s an unexplaineable pain strikes in his heart and the first thing that he do was rushing to Jonghyun and grab him by the collar.

“What did you just say?! My father die because of what??!!” He asked.

Jonghyun smirked evilly as he looked at Geonil.

“Don’t you remember what had happened?” Geonil’s forehead frowned as he tries to gather his memories back.

He looked down on the floor, his mind was scattered around as he tries to catch back every pieces of memories from his past.

He remember walking in the hospital while looking at his watch and then he bumped onto a boy, he looked up and saw that boy bowing to him a few times while apologizing to him and he remembered saying “Gwenchanayo.” to that boy before he continue walking to his father room. When he arrived there, he saw the nurses and the doctor rushes to his father room and he saw his mother crying and calling out his father name. The last thing that he remembers was his mother crying to him and told him that his father had dies.

Geonil tightened his grip on Jonghyun’s collar as he stares deep into that guy eyes, trying to read what is in his mind.

“Can’t figure it out?” Jonghyun asked, there is a smile on his face.

“If you remember bumping onto a boy when you are heading to your father’s room then that boy was me… Your father died not long after that right? Remember?”

Geonil frozed, his grip on Jonghyun collar loosen up as he starts to make sense of everything that Jonghyun said.

“I know that your mother will move to her hometown if your father dies, that’s why I planned to kill your father. As long as he dies, you will vanish from my sight.” Jonghyun explained as he grinning towards Geonil lost.

“And once you are gone then Ji Yoon will be mine!” Jonghyun added.

“And then, she lost her memories. Everything that related to you were gone including you! It’s look so perfect for me to approach her, right? But no! She might lose every single memory about you but… her feeling for you was left behind… She still likes you although she can’t remember you! How stupid is that?!!” Jonghyun shouted as he pushes Geonil away.

Geonil stepped back, he almost hit onto the wall when Jonghyun pushed him just now. He laughed sarcastically as tears start to burst out, dropping on his cheeks and the floor. He never feel so miserable like he is now, the pain that he feel when he knows that his father died because of a maniac like Jonghyun hurts him even more than knowing that he will die any time soon. He couldn’t help but to blame himself for what had happened to his father.

“You are so pathetic Jonghyun... You were like a maniac, trying his best to get what he wants but can’t you see? You’ll never have her! No matter how many people you sacrifice, YOU WILL NEVER HAVE HER!” Geonil claimed, half shouting.

In a few second, Jonghyun come rushing to him and punch his face, making Geonil to back off a few steps. There is blood at the corner of his lips after that punch but he ignore it as he start to move forward to Jonghyun with his fist clenching.

BUKK!!

One hard fist landed on Jonghyun’s face with anger but he didn’t move an inch. He looked up to Geonil and was ready to counter attack but Geonil was faster than him as that guy grab his collar and drag him to the wall, forcing his body to lean there forcefully. Jonghyun eyes widened at Geonil sudden strength, tears were still dropping through that guy cheeks.

“You don’t know what you have done to my family.” Geonil said quietly, trying to hold his tears back while his grip on Jonghyun’s collar tightened.

“My father was everything to me… he was everything to my mom! Part of her world dies when my father dies! Do you know how hard it is to her?” Geonil asked, clenching his teeth as he looked straight into Jonghyun’s eyes.

Jonghyun smirked, “So? Both of my parents died when I was still five. You just lost your father and you already whined like a child, Geonil?”

BUKK!!

Another punch landed on Jonghyun’s face again.

“To hell with that!” Geonil spoke.

“That doesn’t give you any right to kill anyone parents! Who are you to punish others for your own sadness?!” Geonil burst out his anger. He can’t think properly, his heart was aching like crazy and his mind can’t even control what he is saying or what he is doing.

Jonghyun frozed at Geonil’s statement, he knows that fact long time ago but it was sinked in his hatred towards Geonil’s happiness. Jonghyun rolled his eyes sarcastically, he still refuse to give up his ego. He still wants to win this fight!

BUKK!! BUKK!!

Geonil keep on punching Jonghyun continuosly, letting out all of his anger toward that guy as he keeps on crying.

[Geonil P.O.V]

I lost my sense as I keep on punching Jonghyun’s face, I was too angry with him, with myself! But I just couldn’t accept the fact that he killed my father! I thought him as my friend, I honestly trust him to be my friend but he was doing all these just to have Ji Yoon…

What kind of craziness is this?

“ERGHH!” I stepped back while my hand grabs my chest and pressed it hardly.

I let go of my grip on Jonghyun’s collar when I feel the sudden pain on my chest. This pain... why does it have to come at time like this. I can’t bear this pain! I don’t have any energy left to hold this pain…

I looked up to Jonghyun, he was standing in front of me, leaning on the wall while looking at me with a confuse look. I ignore him and gasped for air as I pressed my chest harder. I could feel my heart beating slower and slower and my heart ache in every breath that I took. 

I stepped back again, gasping for some air as my heart keep on hurting me. I was panic as I could feel that no matter how much air I breathe in, it doesn’t seem enough for my lungs. I stare at Jonghyun for a minute, he is frowning to me but suddenly my view turned blur. I blinked my eyes a few times, shaking my head lightly to bring back my consciousness but slowly, my surrounding darkened and in a few second, the only thing that I saw was a pitch black.

BUKKK!!

I fell on the floor....

[End of Geonil P.O.V]

 At Ji Yoon’s house…

CRACKK…

Ji Yoon looked down at the floor, staring at the broken glasses with an empty look. She bent down and picked every pieces of it. Suddenly, she paused and stares at her hand as blood start dripping from her wound that was cause by the broken glass.

“Ji Yoon!” Mel come, running into the kitchen when she saw what Ji Yoon is doing.

“Yah, what the heck are you doing? Where did you put your mind Ji Yoon?!” Mel asked, grabbing Ji Yoon wrist and drag her along to the sink.

“Why are you being like this Ji Yoon?” she asked again as she opened the taps and let Ji Yoon’s blood washed away by the water. Tears start to form in her eyes whe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter