Jackpot!!

His Stupid Smile
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[Geonil P.O.V]

Klikk... Klikk…

I look at the knob and look up to the washroom door. I let out a sigh.

“Aishh… Why did they have to lock this washroom? It was the nearest one with the gym.” I whined as I turned to my back and look around.

“I guess, I have to go to the other block.” I mumble to myself as I start walking to the next block.

“Tskk… this is too quite…” I mumble alone as I pass through a few classrooms to go to the washroom at the end of the corridor. Since it is the sport festival, everyone was so busy at the gym and the field. Nobody is going to the classroom, so this place was left empty.

I step into the washroom and went straight to one of the toilet, once I locked the door and sit on the toilet bowl, I heard the sound of a door closed and locked. I stay in silent for awhile, judging if someone else is here too but I heard nothing.

…………….

“Hukk… Hukk… Hukk!!” I quickly get out from the toilet as I smell smokes and I start to cough. My eyes look around the washroom, bewildered as I try to find the source of the smokes. I look at the last toilet and saw smokes coming out non-stop from there, the washroom were already filled with smokes, I can hardly breath in.

I closed my mouth and nose with my palm as I rushes to the last toilet and knock on it.

“Yah, who is in there? Come out quickly! Your smokes is killing me dude!!” I shouted but there was no answer.

“HUKK… HUKK...!” I keep on coughing continuously as I try to open the washroom door.

DANG! DANG! DANG!!

I knocked on the door hardly, once in awhile I tried to kick on the door. Trying to smash it open but it won’t.

“ANYBODY OUT THERE? HELP ME! OPEN THIS DOOR!! HUKK.. HUKKK!!”

[End of Geonil P.O.V]

…………..

Yoonhak walk quickly to the crowd, trying to find the seats that he and Geonil sit just now but he couldn’t find Geonil anywhere.

“Are you searching for the guy who sit here before?” a guy beside their seat asked. Yoonhak nodded slowly.

“I think he went to the washroom. He left his phone here too.” He said as he give Geonil’s phone to Yoonhak.

Yoonhak’s forehead frowned as he think about Geonil.

“I’ve told him to stay here till I come back. Why can’t he even listen to that?” Yoonhak mumbled as he walks out from the crowd and went to the washroom.

……………

Geonil took off his school’s jacket and put it under the taps and let the jacket soaked with water. Then he put the jacket on his face, leaving just his eyes to be seen. He breathes in heavily, trying to keep himself breathing in the mist of the smokes that already filled in the washroom. He can barely see anything now.

DANG! DANG!! DANG!!!

“Duwojuseyo!! JAEBAL OPEN THE DOOR!!!” he screamed his heart out. He needs to get out from this place, he need to breathe some fresh air.

Geonil’s eyes half closed. He was trying so hard to make it open but he’s losing too much oxygen. He can’t even stand properly now but he can’t stop knocking on the door either.

DAAAAANGG!!!!

A loud sound was heard from the door and then he could see a figure of someone rushing into the washroom.

“GEONIL?!!” Geonil lips forms a weak smile.

It was his hyung, Yoonhak….

[Yoonhak P.O.V]

I was walking around the school searching for Geonil when I notice something is burning as I smell smokes near the place I’m heading too. Then I heard someone shouting. I quickly run toward the washroom as soon as I saw smokes come out from the room.

The washroom is in fire??

“Duwojuseyo!! JAEBAL OPEN THE DOOR!!!” My heart skips a beat when I heard the voice who shouted for helps.

It’s GEONIL!

DAAAAANGG!!!!!

I kick the door hardly using all my strength, as soon the door fell to the floor I quickly rushing in and search for Geonil. The room was full with thick smokes that I can’t even open my eyes like usual.

“GEONIL?!!” I called out his name.

“Hyung….” A weak voice answered not far from me.

“GEONIL!” I quickly rush to him. He was about to fall when I grab his waist and put his arm around my shoulder.

I drag him out from the washroom and let him sit only after I’m sure that we are far enough from the smokes.

“Hukk! Hukk… Hukk…!!” Geonil coughed. His face was in a total messed and his eyes were red.

I put my arm at the back of his neck as I pat his cheek lightly. His eyes were half close when I do that.

“Geonil, non gwenchana?? Get a hold of yourself Geonil!” I said as I tried to make him awake.

Suddenly he looks at me and tries to smile but his energy has drained out because of what had happened.

“Hyung……” he paused and took a deep breath.

“Gomawo….” He thanked me with his weak voice before his eyes completely shut and he falls onto my lap.

Damn it! Who did this to my dongsaeng?!!

[End of Yoonhak P.O.V]

 

[Ji Yoon P.O.V]

As soon as I step out from the taxi, an ambulance rushing out from the school’s gate. My eyes widened.  My feet froze as I saw the ambulance drove away from me.

It can’t be that….

“Ji Yoon!!!” I look at my right and saw Mel running towards me.

“Ji Yoon, you have to go to the hospital now. It’s Geonil! He fainted just now!” told Mel. I stood there without any response. I look at her with my confuse eyes as I heard what she told me just now.

“Yah! Did you hear me? Someone was trying to harm him. Let’s go to the hospital now!” Mel shouted as she shakes my body a few times.

I was late. I couldn’t save him…

[End of Ji Yoon P.O.V]

……………

A few hours after that…

“Hyung, what did they said about that fire?” Kwangsu asked as soon as Yoonhak approaching them. Yoonhak shook his head slowly.

“They are still investigating the source of that fire but it’s not impossible that someone causing that fire purposely…” Yoonhak explained.

“Aren’t its weird, the fire alarm near the washroom was broken. That’s why it can’t detect the smokes coming from the washroom.” Sungmo said.

Jihyuk and Kwangs frowned as they listen to what Sungmo said. “Hyung, eottokajo? We can’t be with Geonil all the time. What else should we do?”

Yoonhak sighed when Jihyuk asked him that.

“Mianhada… I shouldn’t have leaved him alone. If not, this will not happen.”

“It’s not fully your responsibility hyung. Stop blaming yourself okay...” Sungmo patted his hyung’s shoulder.

“We told noona about this. She said she’s going to take the first flight she can get.” Told Kwangsu. Yoonhak sighed again.

“Is it a good thing for telling her about this right now? She was in the middle of a meeting.”

“I think it is hyung… Noona will be mad if she found out this by herself.” Jihyuk claimed.

“Where is Sungje?”

“Erm… he’s in the room with Geonil…” Sungmo told.

“Go and see him hyung, we’ll take care of the rest from here.” Kwangsu said as he pats on Yoonhak’s back.

………………

In the patience room…

[Geonil P.O.V]

“Are you feeling better? The doctor said that you are going to be fine. Thanks to Yoonhak hyung for taking you out at the right time.” Sungje explained. I look at him with my sad eyes. The burden I’ve been keeping inside my heart feels so heavy that I was hardly breathing.

“Hyung…”

“Ne~” Sungje looks at me while his hand my hairs gently.

“Should I be worried hyung?” I asked quietly.

“I’m about to die because I’m sick and now someone try to kill me. Should I be worried, hyung?” I asked again.

“Geonil… it’s not that…” Sungje shut his mouth, leaving his word halfway…

“When the times for me are getting shorter, should I concern over something like this? Either way, I’m still going to die hyung…” I bit my lower lips as I finished my words.

“No Geonil… we won’t let that happen, you are not going to die just like that.” Sungje try to convince me but I refuse to believe him. Who do we want to lie? the truth has been laying in front of our eyes this whole time. I am dying….

“Say’s who? We are nobody hyung, its not us who decide this. I don’t care about this anymore, I am dying anyway…” I said as I grab my own chest.

“Stop Geonil… Those are words of a quitter.” Yoonhak appeared from behind the door. His expression was soft but there was a bit of disappointment in it.

“Giving up so easily like this is not something Geonil that I know would do. Where is my geonil? Where is my strong dongsaeng go?” Yoonhak asked. I looked down on the floor, disappointed with myself. I know that recently, I feel like giving up everything. I feel like I can’t afford this fight anymore.

“As much you want to give up

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter