You are meant to be mine!

His Stupid Smile
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Somewhere around the school…

Ji Yoon stares at the blue sky with both of her hands spread open. She was trying to calm herself down after having such a long morning. The nightmare she had last night was still tingling on her head, she know it so well that Geonil have said that he was fine but her heart feel so uneasy. She could sense that something bad is happening and then, Geonil’s face flash on her mind.

Ji Yoon shook her head quickly, trying to get rid of the image she have in her dream.

“There’s no way someone would do such thing to Geonil…” Ji Yoon mumbles to herself. She took a deep breath as she look down from the roof top.

“Eonni~!”

 A girl with a short bang running to her, Ji Yoon frowned as she waits for the girl to approach her. She was her junior from class 2-2, it was right beside the library.

“Eonni, here you are… I’ve been searching for you everywhere…” she said as she tries to control her breath.

“What’s up Min-shi? Why are you running like this?”

“Its Geonil oppa… He hurt himself at the library!” She told while she still trying to catch her breath.

Ji Yoon’s eyes widened when she heard that. For a second, her heart feel like it has stop beating. Ji Yoon grabs her chest. Her instinct was right, something bad had happened. Her mind turns blank as she took a step by step to the stairs, slowly her steps become faster and faster.

She runs through the hallway with her eyes dazing around like a lost person. The only thing in her mind right now was Geonil…

……………….

At the same time…

 

 Jonghyun stood at a corner with both of his arm crossed on his chest while watching the nurse wraps the bandage around Geonil’s arm. Geonil just sit on the bed calmly, once in awhile he’ll look at Jonghyun and flash a warm smile. Jonghyun throw his sight away from Geonil, although he hate that boy so much that he would do anything he could to get rid of him but he have to admit that he amazed with how Geonil manage to put a smile in a situation like this. In fact, he never saw Geonil get mad over something before.

“I’m sorry Geonil, I didn’t know that you hurt yourself before…” He apologized.

“Gwenchana~ it’s not even your fault to begin with.” Geonil answered as he looks carefully at his wounded arm.

“Do you want me to call your brothers and Ji Yoon?” He offered. Geonil shook his head lightly as a no.

“Just let this one slide… I have made them worried enough last night…” Geonil explained to him.

“Especially Ji Yoon, she doesn’t have to know about this. She called me last night, crying because she thought someone is trying to kill me. Although it’s just a dream but I was kind of surprised that she will have that kind of dream at the same night I was attacked.”

“She didn’t know about this?” Geonil shook his head.

“I lied to her that I was fine.” He sighed as he looks away from Jonghyun.

“She doesn’t like people lie to her but I just don’t want to burden her with this thing.”

Jonghyun walks slowly to the bed and stop in front of Geonil. He put his hand on the boy shoulder and pats it slowly.

“Arasso, I get it… but you should know that sooner or later, she will know about this.” Jonghyun turned around and face the door, he was about to sit beside Geonil when he notice that Ji Yoon is standing in front of the door.

“By the way, how did you hurt yourself that bad?” Jonghyun asked on purpose. He knows that Ji Yoon is listening to their conversation right now.

“I was attacked by a stranger when I was walking home from Mel’s house.”

 “A stranger?” he asked, pretending that he knows nothing about what had happened last night.

Geonil gathers all his memories about what had happened last night and tell Jonghyun the whole story. Jonghyun nodded once in awhile and took a peak at the door, Ji Yoon was still there. Her eyes widened, tears start to form in her eyes as she listen to what Geonil is saying.

Jonghyun turned his head to his left, showing his satisfied smile as he ruffles his hair slowly. He knows Ji Yoon so well. That girl hate it the most when people lie to her, especially if the liar is someone special in her life. She just couldn’t accept it and now when he looks at Ji Yoon’s reaction, he feels more satisfied than he was last night.

BAMM!!

Both Geonil and Jonghyun turned their head to look at the door. Geonil gasp in surprise as he saw Ji Yoon standing there with her hand on the door. She was the one who slammed the door hardly just now.

Jonghyun get up from his seat and look at Geonil. He gave a signal to go out from the room. He knows that he is not supposed to be here right now.

Geonil nodded slowly as he watch Jonghyun walks out from the room. He gets up from his seat too and looks at Ji Yoon awkwardly.

Ji Yoon stares at Geonil with her teary eyes. She could not believe that the man she loves the most lied to her again. She hates the fact that Geonil always try so hard to protect her from getting hurt. He wants to protect her so much that sometime she feels like she is not needed in his life. She doesn’t know anything about his disease before and now that she knew, Geonil would always keep his pain by himself.

Her tears flow down through her cheeks like a dropping rain. Her heart hurt so much with the fact that Geonil refuse to tell her about the accident although she called him and talk about her bad dream last night.

“Why did you lie?” she asked with her stuttering voice. She tries to hold back her tears but it keeps on flowing…

“Ji Yoon…” Geonil took a step further, trying to reach his lover’s hand but Ji Yoon step backward refusing to get closer to Geonil.

“I didn’t…”

“Why did you lie Geonil?!” Ji Yoon cut his word and repeats her question again. She doesn’t want to hear anything else beside the reason ‘why’.

“Ji Yoon please… don’t be like this…” Geonil pleaded.

“I asked you Geonil, I asked you about this last night and what did you tell me?” Ji Yoon glances at his right arm. Her face saddened as she saw the bandage, she could see some blood at the surface.

“Ji Yoon….” Geonil sighed. He lost his words to calm Ji Yoon. His heart fluttered at the sight of seeing Ji Yoon crying in front of him.

“My dream was telling me the truth… Why can’t you just tell me Geonil?” her tone lowered down. She tries to control her emotion, no matter how much she hates people lying to her. She can’t be mad with Geonil. That boy was too good to be mad at.

“I just don’t want to make you worried… it’s hurt me enough to see you cry, I don’t want to put another burden in your heart.” Geonil explained.

“You don’t want to tell me because you don’t trust me right?”

Geonil frowned. He knows Ji Yoon is mad with him now but he don’t understand why is ‘trust’ has become the issue now…

“Ji Yoon, there’s no such thing as that…”

“It is… because you don’t believe that I can endure these pains… You don’t believe that I can be as strong as you are in dealing with these things!” Ji Yoon burst

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter