Paper Heart…

His Stupid Smile
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[Kwangsu P.O.V]

We arrived at home around 5.00pm that evening, expecting to see Geonil in the house when we arrived. He’s been missing from school since lunch time and of course he makes the other freak out but I manage to convince them, he is okay. I entered the house and saw Geonil’s shoes in front of the door.

“See, I told you so. He is here…” I said to the other as I took off my shoes and went straight to the living room.

I saw him lying on the couch when I get in, his eyes were closed but he is smiling. I walk slowly to him and put his bag on top of his chest once I get near him. He opened his eyes and hugs his bag with a big grin on his face.

“Yah, where have you been? You make us worried you know?” I asked. He sits on the couch and faces me with a big grin on his face.

“What’s up with that grin? You look creepy with that dude.”  And he still grins…

“Whoa… what’s wrong with him?” Jihyuk asked as soon as he gets to us. I shake my head for his question.

“I have no idea… he’s been like that since I get in.”

“Geonil-ah, non gwenchana? Where did you go??” Sungje hyung come and stand beside him, he just smiles to Sungje when Sungje ruffle his hair slowly.

“Geonil??” Yoonhak hyung asked while he put down his bag on the table.

“She remember me… guys… she remember me! she still remember me!!” suddenly he shouted happily and hug Sungje’s waist, he still sitting on the couch.

“Who is she??” Sungmo walk to us and put down his bag on the couch beside Geonil’s.

“Ji Yoon??” I said. Geonil looks at me and nodded his head several time, there’s still a wide smile on his face.

All of us smiles and laugh slowly after that. Finally, she remembers him… I thought she never will. And of course, all of us are happy for him. This is the reason why we agreed to move here with Geonil at the first place. We’ll do anything just to see his smile again.

“That’s good news Geonil!” Jihyuk cheers excitedly.

“We’re happy for you okay!” I said out loud.

“Yeap! I’m… I’m so happy…” Geonil said as he stands up.

“So, today… let me cook our dinner! I’m gonna make sure this is the best dinner ever!” Geonil announced with his big smile before he walks happily to the kitchen, leaving us at the living room.

“He looks so happy, right?” Sungmo said slowly. I turned and look at him with a nod.

“What will happen next?” Jihyuk asked. His eyes were still on the place that headed to the kitchen, looking there as if Geonil was still there.

“Nothing bad is going to happen…” Yoonhak hyung convince us but his eyes also dazzing blankly at the same place as Jihyuk. Sungje walk closer to him and put his right hand on Yoonhak’s shoulder.

“What if something happen? I don’t want to see him disappointed; I don’t even want him to feel sad now.” I heard Sungje whispered that to Yoonhak hyung.

“Everything gonna be alright…” Yoonhak turned and face Sungje. “I promised Gahee that everything going to be okay…” we all look at him, I saw into his eyes that he too is falling apart. I know Yoonhak have tried everything he could to put things back together after Mom’s death. When this thing happens to Geonil, slowly we are losing our hopes…

I throw my sight to the wall, where our family pictures stand still on the wall. Everybody is smiling, looking at each other happily. Mom was there too and then I saw Geonil, the youngest one between us. He was sitting in the middle; all of us were looking at him and smiles. I left out a sigh. Since we were still kids, he is the reason for our happiness. Even when mom died, he gave us strength to face the world. Why, out of all people, Geonil is the choosen one? I’m sure nobody going to lose anything if I was the one who sick.

“Cut it out peoples… things happened, Geonil won’t like this if he saw us like this. He was so happy right now. Why wouldn’t we be happy for him too?” Sungmo said, making me to throw away all the thought I had just now. he was right, Geonil’s happiness is the most important thing right now…

[End of Kwangsu P.O.V]

[Geonil P.O.V]

I took out all the vegetable and meat from the refrigerator and put it in the sink. I wash everything one by one, and I know… I’m still smiling right now. I took the knife and start cutting the meat neatly, and put it back on the bowl.

“I am happy… I just hope I have more time to feel this feeling, the excitement of having someone special in my heart…and I want others to be happy too, I just hope I have more time than what I have now…” I whispered slowly. I put away the knife and open the refrigerator again.

“I forgot… noona loves kimchi…” I took out the kimchi and closed it with a smile…

[End of Geonil P.O.V]

 

The next morning… At the school…

 

[Ji Yoon P.O.V]

Finally, we reach school. Detry get out from the car and fixed her hair while looking at the car’s window. I shake my head twice when I see her doing that.

“Stop it already… you looks great, don’t have to worry much.” She stops fixing her hair and smile to me.

“Ne, eonni…” she walks toward me and put her hand on my shoulder.

“Make sure you have a good time today, okay? And say hi to Geonil oppa if you see him.” I look at her and put on my glasses.

“If I saw him, okay?” she smiles to me and let go of her hand.

“Don’t worry; I know you’ll see him. Goodbye eonni, I’ll see you after the school are over.” She turned and walks backward while waving to me.

“Oh, annyeonghaseyo oppa! Bye bye!” she looks beyond me and waves. Gulp! That’s means…

“Hey, you are here…” I turned around and saw Geonil holding his bag on his shoulder.

“Yeah, I’m here. Erm, good morning!” I said with a smile. He smiles back to me and wave

“Good morning! So, how was your night? I mean… did you sleep well?”

“Erm, yeah… I do… erm…” we stood there awkwardly, trying to find something to say.

“Okay, this is awkward!” I can’t stand it anymore. We are awkward!

“Yeah, I agree with that!” he said as he smiles awkwardly.

“Maybe we should act like usual…” he suggested.

“Which usual? You mean, the way we talk to each other 10 years ago or the way we talk to each other now?” I asked. It’s a bit confusing though now that we knew that we are childhood friend.

“Erm, the way we talk to each other now.” he answered

“But, then… you have to face the fierce Ji Yoon who always tries to fight with you…” I . He just laughs when I said that. Suddenly, he looks so…so…Cute when he laughs…

“What? Sound funny?” he shooks his head a few time and hold his stomach, trying to stop laughing.

“Annya...” he stops laughing and stand still. “I don’t mind being scold by the fierce Ji Yoon and I don’t mind if I have to fight with you everyday…” he said confidently while ruffling h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter