My Confession

His Stupid Smile
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Annyeonghaseyo!! ^_^

first of all, i should say sorry for being super late in updating this story. it can't be help since i have some internet problem. huhu.. but i manage to post it today and i make this chapter super long for you guys. LoL! >.<

it supposed to be for 2 chapter but i think i should just combine it together. ㅋㅋㅋ

well, i hope you will like this chapter... going to update chapter 22 a.s.a.p ! ^____^

 

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

[Geonil P.O.V]

Another day has gone today and a new sunlight will come tomorrow and when the sun goes down, another day of my life will go too. I laid my head on my pillow and stared on the ceiling. How many days are left for me to live? How many times do I have to treasure every single thing that I love? So that when I’m dying, there is noty a single pieces of regret in my heart. How many chances that I have wasted tell the ones I love how much I need them in my life?

Suddenly, Ji Yoon face appeared on my mind. That girl… no matter how much I try to throw her away from my life, she keeps on hanging in my heart. 10 years I’m away from her but yet, she is still the one that I love.

“Geonil-ah~” I look at Jihyuk’s bed, he was laying and staring at the ceiling like I do.

“You can’t sleep again?”

“Ya~”

“Geonil-ah~” I glance a bit at Jihyuk…

“When will you tell Ji Yoon about your feeling?” I keep my mouth shut when he asked that. Why does he always ask a question about something that I just think about a few second ago.

“It’s been 10 years now… soon, it will become 11 years… How many years do you need to confess your feeling to her?”

“Molla~ maybe I will never confess to her…”

“Hah??!” Jihyuk quickly wakes up and sit on the bed. He looks at me with his shocked face.

“Non waegure? All of us know how much you love her… don’t be such a pabo Geonil!”

“No, I’m not being a pabo. I’m just trying to be reasonable…” I said as I’m still laying on my bed.

“What do you mean by being reasonable? Yah, you kept your feeling for years already…!”

“You don’t understand Jihyuk… can’t you see what is happening now? I’m going to die soon... and what the heck am I doing here, trying to steal her heart away from her… can’t you see that I’m being selfish here? I shouldn’t come back here… I shouldn’t even come into her life again…”

“Yah... Geonil…!” Jihyuk stand up and quickly went to my bed. He sits beside me and looks at me with his worried face.

“Are you trying to say that you regret of falling in love with her??” I sigh when I heard that…

“Annya… that’s not what I mean… I’m just saying that, I regret of trying to catch my childhood love again… if I didn’t come here, she won’t remember me… aishh...!” I quickly sit on my bed and ruffle my hair forcefully... trying to let go of my anger to my own hair...

“Geonil…”

“Jihyuk-ah… I don’t want her to know that I’m sick…” I look at Jihyuk as my eyes began to become teary…

“I don’t want her to see me when I’m sick… I don’t want her to see my face when I’m weak… That’s just going to hurt my heart more than knowing the fact that I’m gonna lost her soon…”

“Geonil…You think too much… are you okay? You’ve been acting weird ever since you comeback from your doctor appointment. Is there anything that your doctor said that makes you so down right now?”

“No…” I said, lying… yeah, you can probably put it that way. What I heard from the doctor really tore my heart apart. What else could I wish rather than hoping to have a normal and healthy life? Yet, my fate never listens to my wish. It’s keep on circling at the same spot, torturing me until my last breath. Ahhh~ is it already written in my fate, that I will never be able to be with the girl I love?

“Erm… Jihyuk, I’m sleepy already… you should go to sleep too now. Khaja, let’s go to sleep!” I said as I push Jihyuk slowly to his bed. He stands up and hugs his pillow.

“Yah, Geonil-ah… you really are acting weird, if I know that you are hiding something from me… You gonna get it for sure… arachi?”

“De~ arasso… Sweet dream Jihyukie~!” I said to him as I turned away and closed my eyes. Maybe, I should keep my distance from Ji Yoon. I don’t want to hurt her anymore…

FLASHBACK

That evening, at the hospital…

“Are you saying that…?” I was frustrated when I listen to my health report….and the doctor’s face when he tells me about it makes me worried though. I think it’s really is that bad.

“I really think its better for you to stay at the hospital, Geonil. it’s for your own good and for your own safety too. Your health is not as good as what you think. It’s hard for us to observe your health progression if you are not here.” Dr. Kim explained. He has been trying to convince me about the idea of staying at the hospital ever since I came here with my sister. I sigh once again after he finished talking.

“Doctor, it’s not that I doubt your suggestion but I really need more time. I have some unfinished job out there and obviously I can’t finish it if I stay at the hospital.”

“How important is that job rather than you own health?”

“It is as important as my own life…” I said confidently, Dr. Kim nodded slowly as a sign that he understands what I mean.

“It is my farewell gift for my family and the one that I love. At least, until I finished it all, I won’t stay at this hospital.”

“If that what you want, it’s okay then but I need to warn you Geonil. Your health condition is not even close to normal. You can get an attack at anytime and anywhere, so please be extra careful. And I’m begging you, please stay at the hospital once you have finished your job.” I nodded and smile to him. I couldn’t say the word promise to him because no matter what, I don’t want to die in this hospital…

END OF FLASHBACK

The next day…

[Ji Yoon P.O.V]

I took a deep breath while looking at the hallway again. It’s already 7.50am; I wonder where the heck Geonil is? I’m sure he hasn’t come to school yet and the weird thing is, I saw his brothers walking pass my class but he was not there. Is he skipping school again? That guy is really searching for trouble. I don’t know what exactly in his mind. I’m still surprised by his sudden kiss; he doesn’t even admit he did that. He even said that I was just day dreaming. Aishh! If I see him today, I might just break his neck for good.

I leaned on the wall, standing here for 30 minute is tiring. Talking about that, I just realize that I was waiting and searching for him since I arrived at school today. I can’t even sit still on my chair until I saw him passing by my class to go to his class. And when he didn’t, I even wait for him outside my class. Goshh… What is happening to me? Why does I acting like this?? Am I falling in love with him? Hurmm… I do like him when we were a kid but it’s already 10 years now, who could possibly in love with the same person after not meeting them for 10 years? I salute those who actually did…

“Geonil?” I gasped in surprise when he appears at the end of the hallway, he is walking alone while holding his bag on his left shoulder like usual. I stare on him for awhile, the only unusual thing about him today is he looks down while walking, which is not common for him. He always confident with himself, no matter how worse is the life treating him. He will always looking at the front with a smile on his face. He used to say that by smiling, he feels like the whole world is smiling with him too and even though he is having a bad day, he will try his best to smile because he doesn’t want people around him to be affected by his own sorrow.

“Hi Geonil! Annyeonghaseyo…” I greet him as soon as he passes by me but he didn’t stop like he always did. He glances at me for a few second and give me a cold look. My smile faded when he walk away just like that, without even smiling to me. I shook my head in disbelief, seriously, did he really do that to me??

“What is wrong with him? What’s with the mood??” I asked myself as I walk into the classroom.

“Hey, what’s wrong? Geonil looks a bit… erm…” Mel asked as soon as I sit on my chair.

“Cold?”

“Ya, he doesn’t look like him when he does that…”

“I don’t know what is wrong with him, he didn’t even say hi back to me…” my tone drop when I said that…

“Maybe he’s having a bad mood Ji Yoon… don’t take it seriously.” I look at Mel and smile.

“Maybe he is…”

[End of Ji Yoon P.O.V]

At the same time…

[Geonil P.O.V]

Right after I’m confident that Ji Yoon had already gone into her class, I turned around and stare at the empty hallway. My heart feels sore just by remembering the way she looks at me, she was smiling but I make her smile faded…

“He doesn’t have much time left… his heart is getting weaker…”

I shook my head furiously when I heard Dr. Kim’s voice echoing in my head. I know the times is chasing after me, no matter how far I run, the times keeps on hunting me, stealing one by one of the days left for me. I clench my fist as I stare at the empty hallway… Jeon Ji Yoon... I can’t have her, I couldn’t…

That night…

I dig my left hand under my bed, once in awhile I turned and take a quick glance to Jihyuk. He is sleeping with his mouth wide open and his legs spread on his bed. I take out two big box and check the name written on it. I push back the one that have Ji Yoon’s name under my bed and I took the other one. I’ve been waiting to use this; it has been in my storage for years and now, it’s time to use it. I carry that box to the room downstairs. Ever since I started my secret project in this room, only I have the access to go into this room. I keep both the real key and the duplicate one. I know that I’m being too secretive, even my sister is weird with my behaviours but I want to make some surprise for them. Something that could make them smiles even when I am no longer in this world.

I put the box on the floor and start to take out everything that I kept in that box. There are hundreds of Polaroid pictures that I have collected since we are still kids. I go through the pictures one by one and smile by myself. If I can make a time machine, I want to use it and go back to those times and watch those scenes over and over again until I am satisfied with what I see. I don’t want to change anything that had happen in the past because I know, once something had happened, there is no way you can take it back. It is not like a note you wrote using a pencil where you can not erase it using an eraser nor that it was written with a pen that you can erase it by using liquid paper. No, the memories and the past were permanently written in your life stories. It is something that you have to deal with it no matter how painful it could be.

I took out the glue that I just bought this evening. I giggled alone when I remember about how strong the glue was when Jihyuk accidentally drop the glue on the floor and that silly guy forgets to clean it up. He just remembers about that glue when Yoonhak hyung accidentally slips his feet and fall right at where the glue is. Poor Yoonhak hyung, he had to sacrifice his favourite shirt cause we have to rip his clothe in order for him to get off from the floor. The last thing I know was Jihyuk being chased by Yoonhak hyung around the house.

Oh, well… I guess this glue is strong enough to keep all this pictures and the other thing stick on the wall. I pull a chair and put it beside the wall, and then I paste all those stuff on the wall one by one…

“Perfect…” I said as I satisfied with my work.

……………………………..

“Geonil…?” I stop walking in the dark when I heard Jihyuk calling my name.

“Why are you still awake? It’s already 4.00AM now… we have to wake up at 7.00AM…”

“Err… I just went to the bathroom, I’m going back to sleep now…” I said as I rushingly went to my bed and lay down. I can’t even open my eyes because it feels so heavy and my body is aching too. I grab my blanket and cover my whole body with it. Without waiting for long, I fall into a deep sleep and the only thing I manage to think before my eyes were closed is that, I have finished 70% of my farewell gift…

[End of Geonil P.O.V]

A few days after that, in Ji Yoon’s bedroom…

[Ji Yoon P.O.V]

I put my bag and throw myself on the bed. The empty space on the ceiling captured my attention; I saw Geonil’s face there. His smiling face that always be a problem to me because sometime that smile annoyed me but then his smiles disappear and it turn into his cold face. I let out sigh thinking about that. I force my mind to find a perfect reason for his sudden changes but nothing makes sense. It’s been three days since they last talk to each other. After that, he has been trying to avoid me. Every time I took a step closer to him, he will take any chance that he has to go far from me.

I sit on my bed with both of my hand on my cheeks. Why do I keep on bothering if he tries to ignore me?? Before he come back to my life, I was perfectly fine, so why does I even bother if he didn’t talk to me. It’s not that it is the end of the world for me.

“Aishh… that pabo! What is he trying to do??” I pouted. The truth is I miss him. I miss that stupid guy! I want to see him teasing me again. I want to see his stupid and dorky smile again. I want to hear the sweet voice of him once more. Even if I have to hear it for the rest of my life, I don’t mind as long as he is willing to talk to me again. Oh God, Geonil-ah… bogoshippo!

I stand up and walk to the window. I was trying to look at Geonil’s house from the window but the chest infront of the window preventing me from looking at it carefully. I look at the chest with a weird face. I don’t remember myself putting this chest here but then I remembered about my mom’s old chest that my dad want to throw away. I look around my room and found a perfect place for the chest. I lift it slowly and put the chest right beside my closet.

“Well, I can use it for my books…” I said to myself while I turn around to the window back.

“Hey, isn’t that?” I saw something on the floor right in front of the window. It was the paper heart that geonil gave to me 10 years ago. I lift the paper heart and sit on my bed. Should I open it now??

[End of Ji Yoon P.O.V]

[Sungmo P.O.V]

I took a peek inside Geonil’s room and saw him sitting on his bed. I move slowly to Jihyuk bed and took a sit on it. Geonil was still staring on the floor when I came in, he only look at me when I called out his name.

“Sungmo? When did you come in?” he blinked his eyes and rub it slowly.

“I just come in… erm, the lunch is ready. Yoonhak hyung asked you and Jihyuk to go down.”

“Oh, alright…” he reaches for his sweater and wears it. He yawns twice an

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter