Something called L.O.V.E

His Stupid Smile
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[Geonil P.O.V]

I’m struggling alone in this darkness, trying to reach the light that was too far to catch. I tried to hold at every single thing that I could grab but I keep on falling, falling to a deep darker place. I hate being in this situation because darkness was the most terrifying thing in my life. Not purely because of the dark only but because of the loneliness it gives me. The fact that I heard everything clearly in my head but I couldn’t do anything about it, I can’t even say anything nor that can I see it either have been torturing me every time I stuck in this place of dark. No matter how much I tried to run away from this place I know that I will end up at the same place again. At the end, I stood silently in the dark, alone… by myself…

“Geonil… I promise… I will never ever let go of your hand… no matter what fate will bring us to, I won’t let go of your hand…”

“Ji Yoon…? Ji Yoon…??!”

“I love you more than anything… I love you so much Geonil…”I heard her voice again… I want to shout as loud as I can but I know she couldn’t hear me now. I’m still standing in the middle of nowhere, all I know is that everything was in black, the colour of dark… but then slowly, I could feel someone holding my hand and the hold become tighter and thighter… I look up on the empty sky, I thought I see someone up there smiling to me… yes, I see her smiling to me.

For the second time, she makes me feel that I have someone by my side. She make me forgot how dark is this place for me and I forgot how lonely I used to feel when I’m here. I didn’t realize when I started to smile with drop of tears on my cheeks… I hold her invisible hand back… although, I can’t see you right now but I can feel you is here by my side Ji Yoon…

“Gomawo…” and I close my eyes, enjoying this moment… with her.

…………….

I opened my eyes halfway as the bright light of the morning sun dazzle my eyes. I quickly cover my eyes with my right hand and I only put my hand back when my eyes get used to the light. Slowly, my lips formed a smile. It’s the light that I’m longing for when the dark captured me. I turned my head to my left and I saw her sleeping with her head on my bed. Once again, I smile at that sight. She must be tired to look after me the whole night…

I took off the ventilator from my face and held out my hand to touch her hair but I was hesitating…

What if she wakes up if I touch her? What if she doesn’t want me to… touch her hair?

I put my hand on her head and fondle her hair slowly and gently… She is the most beautiful girl I’ve ever seen in my life. If I have forever times in this world, I would use every single second of it to tell her how much I love her.

“Hurmm…~”

I quickly take my hand off her when I heard her voice. Is she awake already?? I change my gaze to the other side, pretending that I didn’t even look at her… will she notice that I was looking at her all this time? Ahh~ silly me, she wouldn’t! Aren’t she’s been sleeping this whole time? Ya~ I forgot about that fact.

“Huarghh~~!” I heard her yawning while she stretching up her hands. I took a peak of glance to her but I quickly look back to the other side when I notice her looking at me.

“Geonil~ you were looking at me when I was sleeping right?”

“Anniyo… Why do I want to look at you when you are sleeping? Is not that you are the prettiest girl I’ve ever meet.” I said, trembling…

“Am I not??” she asked with her eyes blinking to me several times. I keep on glancing to her a few times when she did that cute puppy face. Aishh, what is with that cute face? Trying to kill me or what??

“No… Not as far as I concern…” Ehemm…! Lying!

“Aww… that is so mean for you to say that to someone who had stayed up all night for you…” she said with a pout. I turned my head to her and put a wide smile on my face.

“Of course you are not the prettiest girl I’ve ever meet because you are the most beautiful girl anyone could have ever meet…”

I reach out my hand and put it on her cheek…

“Because you are my blue butterfly, as beautiful as the blue night sky…”

She smiles warmly to me as she put her hand on my hand…

“Because you are my love… a love that I’ve been longing for years…”

“Gomawo…. Geonil…” I let go of her cheek as she took my hand and interwhine it with her…

“Joesonghamnida… for not telling you the truth earlier…”

“I should have thought about everything seriously before I decided to find you back but I didn’t… I’ve been so selfish, aren’t I? Joesonghamnida…” I apologized to her. She still looks at me with her warm smile as she held out her left hand and fondles my hair softly.

“Its ok Geonil… at least I know everything now…”

I stop her from fondling my hair and took both her hand together with mine. I look straight into her eyes, smiling gently to her.

“Ji Yoon… I’m sorry that I can’t promise you anything… I can’t promise you that I won’t ever let go of your hand forever and ever, nor that I can promise you that I will love you with all my heart forever too...”

“But I’m sure enough that I will never ever let go of your hand until the last breath that I have and I won’t stop loving you with all my heart until the day my heart stop beating for live…” I confess my true feeling to her while my hands holding hers tightly. As long as I still have the energy to live, I won’t let go of these hands.

[End of Geonil P.O.V]

A few days after that…

[Ji Yoon P.O.V]

I stare blankly at the wall with both my hands still on the open book in front of me. It’s been three days since I come to school without seeing Geonil here. I missed his present around the school. That guy will always hanging around with his brothers and I just realized that most of the time I saw that stupid smile of him in school...

“Geonil… I miss you~” I whispered to myself.

“Hii Ji Yoon… What are you doing here alone?” I quickly turn my head to my left when I heard someone asking me something. It was Jonghyun, he smile to me and took a sit beside me.

“Erm, nothing… just reading some book, I don’t know what else to do so I come to the library.”

“Oh, I see… Where is Geonil?”

“Erm, aren’t you and him a classmate? You don’t know that he’s been absent for three days already?”

“Oh, ya~ I forgot about that. Ermm… actually, I want to ask you out this evening. My friend held out a party and I don’t know who should be my partner… are you free this evening?”

“Err… I’m afraid I’m not… I want to go visit Geonil, he is not feeling well lately so I want to see if he is okay or not… sorry Jonghyun…” I get up once I said that to him but he holds my hand tightly when I want to go from there.

“Jonghyun??” I tried to let go of my hand but he stare at me as if he didn’t hear what I’ve said.

“Jonghyun, it hurts!” he ony let go of my hand when I yelled to him. I saw his eyes wandering around the room as if he was thinking of something, no, it’s more like he was thinking of everything that he could think of that time. The way he looks into my eyes scared me. It was like he is not the same Jonghyun that I’ve been seeing before. His eyes were like telling me that he is willing to do anything to get what he wants.

I shook my head at that thought. I’ve been thin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter