Watch Out!

His Stupid Smile
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[Sungje P.O.V]

I was busy checking out all the company document when Geonil and Gahee come back from the hospital. I threw a glance toward Geonil, he looks down while walking and there no sign of he’s smiling like usual. I turned to look at the others; they were busy discussing something about our work, only Yoonhak stand up and went to both of them.

“Hey, are you okay Geonil? You look so down there…” Yoonhak said to Geonil, for a moment I saw Geonil raised up his face and smile weakly to Yoonhak.

“I’m okay hyung, I’m just a bit tired. I’m going to my room and get some rest…” He said as he bows his head to Yoonhak and Gahee. I’m just watching from the couch but I know something is not right with Geonil. Should I go and talk to him? Hurm… he might want to be alone now…

“What’s wrong? Is everything alright?” I turned again at both Yoonhak and Gahee when I heard Yoonhak asked something.

“It’s getting worse Yoonhak… It’s getting worse…” Gahee said it slowly, there’s a tear that she tried to hold in her eyes. I look at Yoonhak as he holds Gahee hand tightly, trying to give her some strength.

“We’ll think of something okay…” Yoonhak said gently.

I sigh at what I heard just now. I love this family so much that I’m not willing to lose anyone here. Each one of them is special to me especially Geonil. When we first time meet each other, I was so surprised when he came and hugs me all of sudden. He has this big smile on his face that makes everyone around him smile too. It’s not easy for a boy around his age to accept us, a stranger as his new family but it’s never been a problem to him since the beginning. He always whispered to me silently how happy he was to have us as his brothers; he said we are the best brothers that he could ever wish to have in this world. That silly boy, he never changes a bit throughout all those years.

FLASHBACK

9 and a half year before…

Mrs. Park has been watching over the two little boys since a few days before, they were busy collecting the used can and bottle around the neighbourhood. Once in awhile, the boy who looks a bit younger than the other one rubs his stomach a few times before he said something but the older one just ruffles the his hair softly while saying something to him.

“Mom, what are you looking at?” suddenly Mrs. Park oldest daughter, Gahee asked her. She just pointed to the two little boys using .

“You are watching over them again? It’s been three days now, is there something about them that bothering you?” she asked again. This time Mrs. Park turned around and sits on the chair in front of their house.

“Yes… they been collecting all that rubbish these few days and they didn’t go to school too. It’s weird because I haven’t seen them before.”

“Oh, I always saw them in front of our school.”

“Do you know them?”

“No, but my friend said they are the orphans from Kim Seung Won orphanage.”

“Huh?? Aren’t that the orphanage that was on fire last month?”

“Yes, it’s the same orphanage. They said that everything was destroyed and that boys were the only survivor. Nobody wants to take them so they have been living on a small hut near the orphanage and they stop going to school because they don’t have money…” Gahee ended her explanation with a sad face.

“Hurmm… those poor things… no wonder they always look hungry.” Mrs. Park said as she looks over at the boys place but they were not there anymore.

“Erm, where is your brother?” she asked her only daughter, suddenly she remember about her only son, Geonil. She is sure that boy hasn’t eat anything since morning.

“He is upstairs in his room… he’s been staying in his room since yesterday…” Gahee said slowly as she plays with the sand on her feet.

“Did he get his lunch yet?”

“No…” she shook her head several times before she looks at her mother.

“Is he okay?” Mrs. Park keeps on throwing question to her daughter. She does feel worried over her son. Ever since her husband died, Geonil have changed a lot. He talks less than what he used to.

“I don’t know… every time I asked him, he just answered it with a smile. It was just like he can’t speak and it’s been 5 months since we moved here mom but he still haven’t make any friend yet…”

“Maybe he need more time to fit in…”

“Oh, and remember that boys we’re talking about before?”

“hurm…” she nodded at her question.

“I always caught him looking at them at schools. He always stood at the school corridor and watches them from there…” she looks at her daughter while thinking of something.

“Well maybe he wants to be friend with them…”

“I used to ask him that but he just smiles to me… mom, I think brother has some weird smile disease. He keeps on smiling for no reason…” she just laughed when Gahee said that.

“There’s no such things as smile disease honey… your brother was just trying to be nice with you because he didn’t want to hurt your feeling when he didn’t answer your question.”

“Then, why doesn’t he just answer that question?”

“That maybe because he didn’t know the answer too…”  Gahee stares confusedly to her mother, she still can’t catch what’s her mother means by that.

“Look, sometime there’s something that even we ourselves don’t have the answer, you’ll understand it later okay? Now, why don’t you go upstairs and get your brother to take his lunch? I need to go some where; I’ll be back in a while okay?”

“Alright mom…” She stands up and walks slowly into the house. Mrs. Park watches her daughter for awhile before she stands up too and walk slowly to the last place she saw the boys. She walks around there when she can’t found them anywhere and then he found them heading back to their house.

 She stood there for awhile, remembering what Geonil have said to her before…

“Mom, can I have a brother?”

“Mwo? Why do you want a brother dear?”

“Ermm… its nothing… I’m just…”

“Hurmm?”

“I miss dad~”

She looks at the boys again; she was wondering why Geonil is so interested with these boys. He didn’t talk much lately and most of the time, he spend his day at school and home by watching these boys from far. She’s been thinking about this for weeks and she know, she have to do something about it. She followed them back to their house and she saw another 3 boys welcoming them at their small house. She took a step closer, thinking of approaching them… She has decided, she going to do what the best for her son…

A few da

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter