The Long Lost Memories…

His Stupid Smile
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[Ji Yoon P.O.V]

 I walked into the house and went straight to the kitchen, the long walk that I had this evening make me feel exhausted and thirsty. I opened the refrigerator and took out a bottle of orange juice.

“So, how was your day out? Cheer up already?”

“Huuufth!!” I’m nearly thrown out the juice when I heard Detry’s question. She was sitting on the dining table with her innocent face.

“Yah, kamchigiya! Since when do you sit there?”

“I’ve been sitting here since you came in the kitchen. What’s wrong with you eonni?” I think for awhile, I really didn’t notice her just now.

“ermm, annya. I’m just tired.”

“So, how’s your day?” she lean forward, showing her interest with my answer.

“Well, it’s kind of… okay. I have good time.” I answered with a smile. Yeah, although I wasted my time following Geonil but I have to admit, I do feel good now.

“Oh, glad to hear that eonni!”

“I’m going upstairs, see ya.” I went straight to my room.

I take a look inside my room, its look so tidy. Hurm… Detry must have clean it for me when I’m not around. I walk to my closet and take out a t-shirt and a short. Just when I’m about to enter the bathroom, my eyes catch something different on my soft board. CRAP! Where did it gone??

“Detry! Detry!!” I quickly walk out from my room and called Detry. She was downstairs, watching the television.

“What’s wrong eonni?”

“Something is missing!! Did you see it? I didn’t see it!” I raised my voice out of panics. I feel like half of my breath was taken away from me.

“What thing??”

“That… that thing on my soft boards… that origami… did you see it??”

“Oh, that heart shaped origami?”

“Yes!” Detry runs to upstairs and went inside my room, she opens my drawer and handed me the heart I’ve been searching for.

“It was here eonni. It fell when I was cleaning up your room, so I put it on your drawer. Don’t worry; I know how much that heart means to you. I won’t throw it away.” She smiles when she said that.

I smiled back and took a sit on my bed. “Mianheyo, I was too panicked. This origami is so important to me. I can’t remember why does it is that important in my life but something told me I don’t want to lose it.”

Detry took a sit beside me and hug my waist with her head on my shoulder.

“Don’t worry eonni, I’m sure… one day, your memories of whatever happens 10 years ago will come back and I’m sure you will remember everything.

FLASHBACK

10 years ago…

[Nobody P.O.V]

“Ji Yoon, tomorrow we are going to go camping together. Are you excited dear?”

Ji Yoon who was just entered the house was so busy looking at the heart shaped origami, she didn’t hear her mom.

“Ji Yoon??”

“Ne, eomma. What is it?” Ji Yoon looks up to her mom and smile.

“We’re going camping tomorrow, are you excited?” Ji Yoon smacks her forehead and pouted.

“Argh~ I forgot to tell Geonil about that!”

“It’s okay; you can still see him when we’re back from our vacation.” Ji Yoon’s mom put the tent equipment next to the main door and walks back to the kitchen. Leaving Ji Yoon with her own thought…

“Hurm… what if I can’t see him anymore? Hurmmm… I don’t have a good feeling about this…”

………………………………………………………………………………………………………

At the camp site…

It was the second day of their vacation. Ji Yoon was sitting at an old wooden chair not far from their camp site. She was holding the heart since the past few hours. She do having fun during the vacation but she can’t deny that Geonil’s last word do bother her mind. She knows that Geonil have something to tell her but he didn’t say it.

“Eonni, is everything alright?” Detry come and sit beside Ji Yoon. She’s wearing a blue t-shirt with a white hoodie. Ji Yoon just nodded to her as a response. She was busy staring at the heart origami and ignore her little sister.

“Hey, what is that?? It looks pretty, let me see it!” Detry try to take the heart origami away from Ji Yoon but she make Ji Yoon surprised by her sudden action. She quickly snaps it away from Detry but she slips it and the heart shaped origami fall to the ground near them.

“Haishh. Look what you have done!” Ji Yoon scolded Detry and run to take back the heart but she slips her feet because she was too clumsy and she falls to the ground. She manages to grab the heart but she failed to balance her head from hitting on the hard rock on the ground.

“EONNI!!!” Detry shouted as soon as she saw her sister head is bleeding.

……………………………………………………………………………………………………..

At the hospital…

Ji Yoon’s parent and Detry have waited in front of the emergency room for about an hour now. There is no sign of the doctor coming out from the room. It makes it hard for them to stay calm. When Ji Yoon’s father is about to go to the washroom, someone come out from the room and went straight to them.

“Doctor, how is my daughter? Is she going to be alright?” Ji Yoon’s mother, Jeon Eun Shi asked. She was standing beside the doctor.

“She is stable now but she needs a good rest. Her head had a strong hit and we still don’t know if she has any after effect because of that hit. So please take a good look at her changes.”

“Thank you so much for your help doctor!” Mr. Jeon said.

“Can we go in and look her?” Mrs. Jeon turn to ask.

“Yes, you can but please be quiet, the patient need her rest. Call me if there is any problem.”

……………………………………………………………………………………………………..

Ji Yoon’s patient room…

Ji Yoon wakes up from her long sleep. She looks around while rubbing on the white

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter