Ghost Love

SooFany Collection

Every year of 12th October, Tiffany will go to the graveyard. There’s a tombstone written, R.I.P Choi Sooyoung 10th February 1990 – 12th October 2017.

 

It’s been so hard for Tiffany to live without Sooyoung beside her. They both have been married for 10 years. And they even have a daughter name Choi Nicky, 8 years old. It’s hard for Tiffany to raise her daughter alone. Her parents keep asking the same question these days. The question is, ‘Are you going to marry with someone?’

 

Tiffany doesn’t know what should she do. Does she really need to marry with someone? While she caressing her daughter’s hand, suddenly her daughter start to speak. “Mommy, Nicky have something to say.” Tiffany look at her. “What is it baby?”

 

Nicky look straight into Tiffany’s eyes. “Please, don’t find someone that can replace mama’s place. Even if mama already gone, but, Nicky don’t want anyone to take mama’s place.” She said with a sad tone. Tiffany’s eyes got teary when she heard her daughter’s speak.

 

She can’t believe that her daughter who was 8 years old said something like this. Tiffany just smiled. “Yes baby, mommy promised to you that mommy won’t find any other people to replace your mama.”

 

“Soo, I wish you were still alive. Nicky really love you so much.” She sighed.

 

The night ;

 

“Baby, have you washed your face and your feet?” Nicky nodded. “Good, let’s get you to the bed.” Nicky walk to her bed and tucking herself under the blanket. “Mommy, how did mama passed away?”

 

Tiffany smiled bitterly. “Mama was having a cancer. And she didn’t tell anyone about it.”

 

“Even mommy?” She nodded. “Just go to sleep baby.” She kissed Nicky’s temple. Tiffany closed the door and she went to the balcony. She exhaled deeply. “Nice weather.” She smiled. It was cold that night and she might ending up getting cold.

 

A few minutes later, she feels like someone is back hugging her. No, it something back hugging her. First, Tiffany feels shiver because no one with her. It just her alone. Suddenly, she heard a voice. A familiar voice.

 

“You can catch cold if you didn’t wear any jacket dear.”

 

Tiffany just realized that voice was Sooyoung’s. “Sooyoung?” She thought. She turn around but there’s nothing. Even she can’t see, but she can feels a warm around her. Maybe because Sooyoung is hugging her. Her eyes was teary. Tears start to fall on her cheeks.

 

Suddenly, someone is wiping her tears. Now, she confirmed that it was Sooyoung. Sooyoung was with her all the time.

 

“I’m sorry for letting you alone and feels hurt like this Miyoung.”

 

Tiffany smiled bitterly. She missed hear Sooyoung called her Miyoung. It was Sooyoung’s favourite Korean name. She said it was cute.

 

“Sooyoung, I love you so much.” She mumbles.

 

“I love you too Miyoung. I really do love you.”

 

….

 

“Fany, you seems like.. happy? Is there anything happened yesterday?” Taeyeon, Tiffany’s best friend asked. Tiffany just smiled. “You know what? Nicky told me that, she doesn’t want anyone to take Sooyoung’s place.”

 

Jessica’s eyes widened. “Really?! Omoo! Seems like your daughter really love Sooyoung that much.”

 

“Of course she does Sica. Nicky is Sooyoung’s mother slash father.” Tiffany just smiled when Taeyeon said that.

 

Actually, the truth is that. Tiffany just talked with Sooyoung last night. That’s the reason why Tiffany seems so happy today.

 

….

 

“Hey baby, how’s your school?”

 

“It’s great mama! Look! I draw a picture of our family.” Nicky grinned. Tiffany smiled when she look at Nicky’s drawing picture. “Do you want to hang this drawing anywhere?”

 

“I will just hang it in my bedroom.” Tiffany chuckled seeing her daughter reactions.

 

“Seems like you happy. What makes you happy Miyoung?”

 

Tiffany smiled when she heard a whisper voice. “It because I can talk to you now.” She mumbles.

 

These days, Tiffany always feels warm around her and she even heard Sooyoung’s whisper voice. At least, she can talk to Sooyoung. That’s what she thought.

 

….

 

One day, it was raining heavily with a sounds of thunder. Tiffany was the only one in the house. Her daughter, Nicky was at her friend’s house.

 

Tiffany was still scared with the thunder. Usually, Sooyoung always hug her when she scared of thunder sounds. But now, she just hugging her own knees. Suddenly, a familiar warmness was surrounding around Tiffany.

 

“You still scared of thunder didn’t you?”

 

Sooyoung was hugging Tiffany on the couch. Even Tiffany can’t see her, but she can feel her.

 

“Don’t be scared. Cause I’m always here to protect you.”

 

Tiffany got teary when she heard that. She remembered the promised that Sooyoung made before she passed away.

 

I will always protect you no matter what.

 

“Sooyoung, I missed you so much.”

 

“I miss you too Miyoung. You know, I wish that you can see me hugging you, smiling at you.”

 

Tiffany smiled. “You know, at least I can feels you and hear your voice. And even talking to you like right now.”

 

“Miyoung, this ghost love will never end. I will meet you and Nicky someday.”