I think I fell in love with my teacher (chapter 5)

I think I fell in love with my teacher

PREVIOUSLY:
I slowly go to the trash bin and nothing was in it. I panic as I go through the trash.
"Oh no! Where'd it go!?!? Aw..what do I do now?" I sighed.
"Looking through the trash for things to eat?" I heard a familiar voice say. I turn around. My fists tightens.Seohyun.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SUNGMIN'S POV


Seohyun stood there with a smirk on her face.
"...What are you doing here so early in the morning? Aren't you suppose to be having your beauty sleep?" I say to her.
"You shush. Anyways, I'm out for a morning jog so I can keep this y figure. Unlike somebody..." she said as she looked at me from top to bottom. I just rolled my eyes. She then noticed the bandage on my face. "...Heh, I slapped you that hard?" she said to me.
"...."I just gave her a deadly glare.
"...Where'd you get that bandage to put on yourself from? The trash?" Seohyun says. I just smirk.
"No~ Just a guy named.....Cho Kyuhyun." I said to make her jealous. Her eyes widened.
"...How?! He's not even at school yet!" she yelled.
"Nope. He comes to school early. To be honest, I slept in the snowy cold here last night. He came here by bus, saw me, and decided to help." I told her. Her face becomes red. I couldn't help but to grin even more.
"..You better did not in' tell him that I did those to you." she warned.
"Why? Maybe I did tell him. Maybe I didn't.." I .
"Don't joke around! If you told him, then--" she said before I cut her off.
"--Then what? Your 'Kyuhyun' might think differently of you ? He'll realize that you're fake and you're a cruel girl?" I said to her. She walked closer to me.
"...You've crossed the line, Sungmin. From now on, you'll regret this day, either you're with Kyuhyun or not. Have a nice life." she threatened. She then smirked then walked away. I glare at her disappearing figure. But then I see Mr. Cho walking back towards the building with hands in his pockets. Where did he go anyways? He got closer and saw me.

"Oh! Sungmin! What are you doing outside?" he said as he approached me.
"I was just going to check on you, but then I saw you weren't here. Where did you go?" I asked him.
"..Oh~ I just went out to do something~" he said to me. I got really suspicious.
"Is that so?..Hmm....Anyways, Mr. Cho, It's almost time for class. I better get going. I'll see you later in math class, Mr. Cho." I told him.
"Ah, yes. Go along and head to class~ Have a nice day Sungmin." he said to me.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
KYUHYUN'S POV

I tell her to go to class and have a nice day. Truthfully, I felt a little disappointed when she said she was heading off.
"You too......................................................Kyuhyun." she said before she ran off in little steps towards the building. I was surprised. Did she call me Kyuhyun?..

"You too...........Kyuhyun." 

".................Kyuhyun."

"Kyuhyun."

Kyuhyun. The way she says it, my heart felt warm. Without realizing, a smile appeared on my face. 
"Hehe~ Kyuhyun." I laughed to myself before also heading into the building.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SUNGMIN'S POV

I arrived at my locker panting. I can't believed I called him by his actual name, Kyuhyun. Now that I said his name, it sounded very nice. It suited him more than just a Mr. Cho. I grab my things and head into the first class, Chemistry.

I head inside and sit down at a table. Everyone else was sitting at a table with a partner. I didn't have one, again. Man, it to have no friends. But it's alright, I like being alone....I guess.
"Good morning class." our professor, Kim Kangin, or Professor Kim greeted.
"Good morning~" the class replied.
"Okay, class. What I want you to do is put all the samples of the solutions in front of you into that beaker. Then boil that mixture in the beaker on the hot plate, then examine the results. Understand?" he explained. Everyone in the class nodded.
"Good, you may begin." he said.

As soon as he said that, everyone was noisy on trying to do the lab, while I was as quiet as a rock. I put all of the solutions inside the beaker, and then boil it. I watch as the mixture boils up. But then I see something strange going on with it. Why is it smoking? I put down the heat on the hot plate but it still wouldn't work. The glass began to smoke too. Oh no. To make matters worse, Professor Kim sees the situation too.
"Sungmin! What are you doing!? Why is it smoking?" he said.
"I don't know, Professor Kim! I did what you said to do, and this is what happened!" I say back to him as the mixture began to smoke even more, and the classroom is almost filled with smoke.
"Everyone! Cover your faces and whatever you do, try to not breathe! It could be carbon monoxide! Please evacuate this room in an orderly fashion.!" he yelled. The class began to panic and tried to scramble out of the class.. All of a sudden the smoking mixture turned into a fire. I quickly got out of my seat to go outside the room like the rest of the class, but too late. The classroom's fire alarm got off and the sprayers , leaving everyone screaming and soaking wet. The smoke faded away and the fire was gone. It was a reliefthat the building din't get burned down because of me, but then the Chemistry room is now a complete mess and wet.

"...Everyone...I want you all to leave this classroom now." Professor Kim said firmly as he was dripping with water. Everyone left the classroom and stood outside. By the time I went outside, every senior of the university was outside their owns classrooms, after hearing the incident. Everyone was shocked.
"Class...I want you all to go to the locker rooms to clean yourself up. And some of you to notify the principal. Now." Professor Kim said. I slowly walk to the locker rooms until he said something.
"Except for Lee Sungmin." he said. I stopped my tracks and faced him alone, with everybody watching me.
"Yes sir." I say to him.
"Have you realized what you have done? You almost burned the whole entire building down or caused a harmful gas to spread in the building!!" he yelled at me. I just stayed silent as I hear his scolds. As he was yelling at me, behind him, was all the other students and teachers looking. I spotted Mr. Cho who was looking at me with worried eyes. Ugh, he's probably going to think I'm a disgrace now. Professor Kim continued to scold me.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SEOHYUN'S POV

Tch. Looking at her getting yelled at Professor Kim is pitiful. But why do I have a evil smile on my face. Good thing I had Geography this period and not Chemistry...
"Seohyun...you did this didn't you?" Yuri, my friend said as she approached me. I smirk.
"It wasn't easy replacing the water solution with rubbing alcohol..." I say to her.
"So naughty...but I love it! Hehe~" she laughed.
"This is what that gets. She messes with me and my man, I mess with her." I say.

I see Sungmin, soaking wet, with her head faced towards the floor. How ugly. But then I suddenly see Mr. Cho walking towards her. My eyes widen in anger.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SUNGMIN'S POV

"Sungmin, today during detention, I want you to head into my class and clean everything up until it's spotless! Understand?!" he yelled, while wet also.
"I understand, Professor..." I say quietly while staring at the floor.
"I don't think you can do that, Professor Kim." a familiar deep voice suddenly said. I turn around and see Mr. Cho smiling towards me. I just stare in surprise.
"...And why is that?" Professor Kim said firmly.
"Well, I have been tutoring Sungmin after school everyday now. It's urgent that I need to tutor her today since the upcoming exams are coming closer." Mr. Cho explained.
"...But she has to clean up my class and realize what she has done." the professor said.
"Sungmin shall do it now then. And professor Kim, you can go clean up. I'll keep on eye on her." Mr. Cho said. My eyes widen. What?!
"...very well then. Remember to look over her! Anyways, I''ll be going now." professor Kim said as he left. Mr. Cho waved goodbye to him, and then he faced the crowded hallway full of people.
"Everyone, get back to your classes! Nothing to see here!" he said as students were whining and scrambling back to their original classrooms. Mr. Cho turned and faced me. I just stared at him.
"Better get cleaning." he said as he smiled to me. I just pouted and went into the classroom.Everything was soaking wet. I went to the closet and grabbed a mop and other cleaning utensils.

I began mopping the floors. But suddenly, I felt a towel rubbing against my head. I stop, look up, and see Mr. Cho drying my hair. He noticed that I was looking at him, smiled, and stopped, leaving a towel on my head. 
"We can't just leave you wet while you're cleaning, right? You'll get sick." he said to me. My heart fluttered. 
"...T-Thank you, Mr. Cho...." I say to him.
"Back to Mr. Cho?" he asked. Ugh, he heard me say Kyuhyun to him when I said goodbye. I just smile slightly. "Anyways, Sungmin. I brought extra clothes and towels for you to clean yourself up. You can change in the bathroom." he said to me. When he brought these to me, I was touched.
"Thank you so much, Mr. Cho! You really are a life saver. " I smile to him. "But in the girls' bathroom?...But what if the other students see me and tell Professor Kim that I'm cleaning up myself?" 
"Of course not. You can change in the teachers' bathroom. I'll stand outside to watch out." he said.
"Thank you, Mr. Cho." I thank him. He gave me a smile and slightly pinched my cheek with his hand. I blush.

And so, after I change in the teacher's bathroom, we go back into the classroom, and I began to clean up the wet mess. I suddenly see Mr. Cho wiping the floors also.
"You're helping me clean?" I ask him.
"Of course! Who would be mean enough not to help?" he says. I smile widely and continue to clean.
"But Mr. Cho...you do know that I didn't do the mess on purpose right? I just followed the professor's direction carefully and this happened. I don't even know why..." I explain to him.
"Sungmin, I have been believing in you ever since this incident happened. There's no way a person like you would let this happen." he said. I blush and smile to myself while I clean.

And so for the next hour or so, we cleaned very diligently and quickly. Soon the classroom became squeaky clean and bright. Professor Kim was impressed and decided to let me go. I thank him and Mr. Cho and I continued with school. Every once and a while, Mr. Cho would check on me and my wound on my face. Finally, it is now last period which was gym. We were playing football and we were suppose to be practicing catching and throwing with a partner. And sadly, I was partnered up with Seohyun.

We found an open space and started practicing, throwing the football back and forth. Seohyun decided to start up a conversation.
"..So...I heard you didn't do very well in Chemistry class....Must have been a huge mess.." she told me.
"...." I just ignore her and continued to catch and throw the football. I threw the football, but suddenly, Seohyun didn't catch it and let it fall on the ground without getting it.
"I'm not going to pick it up until you talk to me." she said with an attitude. I sighed.
"What do you want Seohyun?" I ask her.
"For you to have no connection with Kyuhyun whatsoever. After that, you can have your dorm back." she negotiated.
"Not gonna happen Seohyun. I need him for my math lessons. Especially when exams are coming up." I tell her.
"Your loss then..Anyways....I already know you like him, so I'm going to continue to make your life miserable." she said getting closer to me. 
"I told you about numerous times already. I. Don't. Like. Mr. Cho." I said to her clearly. I don't know whether I'm saying the truth....or lying...
"Is that so?...Then you wouldn't mind if I told you why Kyuhyun is being so nice to you?" she asked. 
"....What are saying?" 
"Have you noticed? Kyuhyun has been very nice to you, compared with the other students....and I hate it."
"I guess so..." I said. Now that I thought about it...he has been very friendly to me. And for some reason, I love it.
"and do you know why?" Seohyun said.
"And why is that?" I ask back.
"Because Kyuhyun.........pitys you." she said. I became numb..Does Mr. Cho is really doing this for me....because I'm just a lonely clumsy person?
"......" I stay silent.
"Think about it. He's just doing these things for you because you're his student and he's your teacher. And you happen to be the most...let's just say, special, compared to the other students." she said. I just stay still. My hands shook. My heart hurts right now. I forgot that he was just a teacher. Nothing more. 
"So that's why you should stay away from him...do him a favor.....and stop being a burden towards him." she said. Seohyun threw the football back but since I wasn't focused and staring into space, the football hit my arm really hard.
"Oops! Sorry!" Seohyun "apologized". The bell rang and school was finally over. I just stood still. 
"Anyways, bye Sungmin! And think about what I said...okay?" Seohyun said before she finally left.

I was now in the middle of the gym, thinking. Does Mr. Cho really think I'm just a sensitive and weak person that's helpless? Am I really a burden? Am I just a regular student he tutors according to him? These questions ran through my mind. I snap out of it and suddenly remember that Mr. Cho tutors me today. Oh no...But I went anyways, but this time, trying hard not to worry him.

I went inside the Math classroom and see a note written on his desk.

"Meet me on the rooftop :)
                            -Mr. Cho"

I did what he said to do and walked to the rooftop. Man, why did he choose to meet at the rooftop? Those stairs were hard to climb. But while getting there, the questions about being a burden towards Mr. Cho still worried me. Maybe, I should stay away from him....

I get to the rooftop and see the backside of him, looking at the view. Noticing my appearance, Mr. Cho turned around and smiled.
"Hey, Sungmin" he said to me. But what I hear is "Hey person who carries a heavy burden towards me."
"Hi...." I reply back.
"Sungmin, come here." he ordered me to do. And so I did what he told me to do and came up to him. A slight breeze came, brushing my hair.
"Close your eyes." he said to me. I just looked at him weirdly. "Haha, don't worry. I'm just gonna give something to you." he said. I just closed my eyes for the heck of it and put my hands out. Suddenly, I hear noises and I felt something heavy and smooth on my hand. I opened my eyes and it widened. I see a brand new guitar that was wooden, but had marbled and pastel pink dragon on it, with different pastel designs and marbled outlining. It was very pretty.
"Mr. Cho...is this for me?!" I said to him. he smiled and nodded. I was extremely touched.
"How'd you know I needed a new guitar?!" I exclaimed while looking at my new guitar. I noticed on the back, it engraved, "Lee Sungmin's guitar ^_^ Given by Mr. Handsome Cho." Keke~ how cute.
"Well, I saw your old guitar broken in the trash today and so I decided to get a new one for you. So you can play for me." he explained while smiling. 
"Thank you so much Mr. Cho!" I thanked him while excited. Then all of a sudden, all the burden went down on me again. I just remembered...he's being nice to me....because he feels sorry for me. My smile turned upside down. Mr. Cho noticed.
"..What's wrong Sungmin?...Do you not like the guitar?" he asked. I slowly put the guitar on a nearby bench.
"...Mr. Cho...I can't accept this guitar." I say to him.
"W-what?..why?" he asked.
"Mr. Cho.......why are you being so nice to me?" I asked him. My eyes begin to water.
"What are you saying Sungmin?.." he said.
"Do you pity me? Am I being a burden to you?" I ask him even more. Finally, much of my tears begin to fall down. Mr. Cho just stared at me with worried eyes. I cry and cry even more. Mr. Cho then took something out of his pocket. He opened his hand and showed it to me. It was a pink guitar pick with my initials on it, L.S. I just looked at him and continued crying.
"Here..take it." he told me. So I did what he said to do and I slowly raise my hand to get the guitar pick. My hands shake as I get closer to it. When my hand was right on top of his hand to get the guitar pick, all of a sudden, he grabbed my hand, and wrapped his arms around my shoulder, pulling me into a hug.

My heart was now exploding from it beating too quickly.

---------

A/N: This is what Sungmin's new guitar looked like: click