I think I fell in love with my teacher (chapter 17)

I think I fell in love with my teacher

PREVIOUSLY:
"What is the meaning of this, Mr. Cho?!?!" he screamed at me. I take a look at the photos and my eyes widened. The photos were different shots of me and Sungmin in the classroom....kissing each other. I was speechless...Who would-?

"Well, Mr. Cho?!"
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
KYUHYUN'S POV

"U-Uhm..I-I.." I stuttered. I was seriously had nothing to defend myself with.
"Mr. Cho....why would you do this?....You and Lee Sungmin have violated our university's rules. This shall not be taken lightly, Mr. Cho. There shall be serious consequences..." the CEO, whose name is Lee Soo-Man said. My heart was pounding and I was super nervous. I finally cleared my throat and said something.
"CEO Soo-Man...I don't understand...the rules....I mean, Sungmin and I are about the same age aren't we? Shouldn't we have the right to be close?.." I explained.
"You just don't get the point do you?! You, Mr. Cho, are a teacher at SM University. Lee Sungmin, is the student. SM University has a very high class reputation Mr. Cho! If there's newspaper articles stating that a teacher and a student are dating at SM University, our long received reputation will be ruined! Our school could be in danger! It's not our fault, it's the media and public's fault for seeing a teacher and student relation to be corrupt." he said. I finally see why they put that rule now...because of the public's view of the university...
"....." I couldn't say anything else. It's all over. 
"....I'm sorry Mr. Cho....we're not punishing you, but you will certainly be receiving inconveniences." CEO Soo-Man said.
"...Such as?.." I asked slowly and nervously.
"...Both of you need to break up as soon as possible." he said. As soon as he said that, everything sort of stopped for me. My hands were trembling. Leave Sungmin?!
"But--" I said until he cut me off.
"--I'm not done speaking! Anyways, I'm sorry but this is part of our school rules.....One of you will have to leave the school. Preferably Sungmin." he said. I widen my eyes.
"Excuse me?! But...w-why 'preferably Sungmin.'?" I asked anxiously.
"Well, Mr. Cho. You're responsible for substituting until we find a new suitable math teacher. We can't just fire you simply as we have yet to find one." he said. Oh my god...why is this getting so complicated?! I have to break up with Sungmin because we got caught and if one of us leaves, we won't be able to see each other again. Sungmin also has high chance of getting suspended from Sm University also. I was really getting depressed. I love her so much. Then I suddenly remembered what Sungmin said to me in the past:

"SM University is the top college to go into if you want to be a musician. It's my dream Kyuhyun. I can't screw it up."

I sighed heavily. I really want to be with her though...but I care for her so much and can't let this happen. When Sungmin got into this university, her goal was to be a musician, not to fall in love with a guy...Yes, Sungmin's future must come first.
"Anyways, Mr. Cho...I will suspend Lee Sungmin from this school as soon as you separate from her--"CEO Soo Man said before I cut him off.
"--Wait CEO Soo-Man!...don't suspend her....please..." I begged.
"If I don't suspend her, what am I suppose to do Mr. Cho?! Did you know that some employees and maybe even students here at SM University know about this incident already due to rumors?!.." he yelled at me. I panicked. What should I do to prevent Sungmin from getting suspended?? I took a quick thought for awhile.
"U-Uhm......Then-then.......I'll be the one who will leave SM University! Not Sungmin..." I stuttered. 
"...What?..Have you not heard my explanation why you can't leave?.." he said.
"--I'll pay you! You can use that money to get a new math teacher. Better than me." I said to him. He just laughed.
"And where will you get that money?.." he said.
"I'm serious...I can withdraw from money right now if you want me to." I said.
"And how much?" he asked.
"About 500,000 won." I simply put. He smiled.
"Is that really?......And you'll leave too?..." he asked. I immediately nodded.
"Are you sure?" he asked also.
"Completely sure." I said.
"......Alright then Mr. Cho...Done deal. So now....Lee Sungmin will get to stay at SM University, while you, Mr. Cho, will have to separate abd stay away from her and leave with an addition of 500,000 won to be given to the school." he announced. I looked down slowly and nodded.
"Mr. Cho...you'll be given one day starting from tomorrow to do all of these tasks." he said to me.
"Okay...I can do that...And don't tell Sungmin about this?" I said quietly.
"My lips are sealed.....you may leave now Mr. Cho." CEO Soo-man dismissed. I stood up from my seat, bowed to him, and walked out.

I look at my watch and see it was already lunch time. I start heading down to the cafeteria, with my hands in my pockets, looking down to the floor. I was clearly depressed and sad at that moment. Breaking up with Sungmin will be just about the most difficult thing I'll have to do in my life. I'll really miss her so much. Her smile, her laugh, her touch....everything. But how will I?...And my 500,000 won will be gone soon. I have saved up that money to depend on food, my house, and some to save up for Sungmin's couple ring I was planning to buy for the both of us. How will I be able to survive now? where would I go? Then I suddenly hear my phone vibrate. I look at the caller ID and see it's Zhoumi.
"Hello?.." I say gloomily. 
"Hey Kyuhyun-ah! I heard about the rumor from a dongsaeng of mine...I'm sorry about that Kyuhyun.." she said.
"Yeah...I'll have to leave SM University...I even gave the CEO 500,000 won to persuade him." I said to her.
"That much?! Kyuhyun. Where did you get that money??" she asked.
"Oh..I saved it up for my personal needs...and for a gift, but you don't need to know about that.." I say sadly.
"Is that so?...Well, if it's personal needs...you can always and come live over here in China with me and my family Kyuhyun!" she exclaimed.
"Really? You'll do that Zhoumi??" I say as I slightly smile.
"Yep! I'll even pay for the ferry ticket. So what do you say Kyuhyun?.." she asked. I thought for awhile. Then that means....I'll never be able to see Sungmin again....The thought just saddens me even more...So much I can't even handle. No Kyuhyun! Remember! You have to break up and stay away from her! But still...Sungmin....
"....I'll do it." I say sadly. Sungmin can handle it without me right?...Besides, I'm the loser who got her into this mess..I should be responsible.
"Yay! How about tomorrow? Just pack your stuff and leave for the ferry in the morning!" she said.
"Sure....thanks Zhoumi.." I said.
"No problem..Anyways, I'll call you later. I'll see you soon Kyuhyun!" she said.
"Yeah...see you." I said as I hang up.

I continue walking to the cafeteria sadly.
"Alright Kyuhyun. One day. No more no less." I say to myself.

"Just about enough time to say goodbye to Sungmin."
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SUNGMIN'S POV

Arghh~ Where's Kyuhyun?? I've been sitting in the cafeteria, waiting for him to come so I could speak to him...I admit, I did give him too much of a hard time after he spoke to Seohyun...maybe I'm a bit too jealous....But still! We agreed to avoid the people who like us! Which is Yesung for me, Seohyun for him.

I then finally see him arrive in the cafeteria. But he looked really weird today..His head was looking towards the ground with his hands in his pockets. Why did he look so sad? He sat at the table where the teachers sat, but at a corner. he slumped down and just stared at a blank space...I suddenly felt bad. But, that doesn't give him the excuse to be all flirty with Seohyun! I got up until I felt someone push me back down to my seat. I look to see who it is.

"Hey Sungmin! Let's eat together!" Seohyun?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SEOHYUN'S POV

I saw that Sungmin was about to get up to speak to MY Kyuhyun until I stopped her and prevented it by eating lunch together with her.
"Hey Sungmin! Let's eat together!" I said.
"S-Seohyun?...Oh...sure..." she said slowly as she put her legs back under the table. I smiled and sat in the vacant seat next to her. We started talking but I really didn't listen to her. All I was thinking about was her and Kyuhyun's situation now.

I took photos of Sungmin and Kyuhyun kissing and brought them to my father indirectly by putting it into his mail. My father probably told them to separate and soon, Sungmin will be suspended due to school rules..hehehe...I feel bad for separating a sweet couple really....but me and Kyuhyun are so much more important. After my father received the photos, I called Zhoumi immediately and luckily unnie told me I did a good job. She wanted to bust them because she told me she didn't like Kyuhyun I guess. Kyuhyun then can all be mine... I took a glance at the teacher's table and see Kyuhyun....he looked very depressed...I'm guessing my father already told him off...
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
KYUHYUN'S POV

All I was thinking was Sungmin and how to break up with her. I can't visualize the thought of leaving Sungmin. It's impossible. I'll get too emotional.What will I do without her?....Man I have to stop thinking about myself...This is for Sungmin and her goal. Not my feelings. But how should I end it without hurting her?...The thought just goes through my mind over and over again.....I took a glance at Sungmin.

"HEY KYUHYUN!" someone yelled as they popped out of now where and covered my view at Sungmin. I look up and see it was Donghae....of course....But I'll sort of miss Donghae too after I leave tomorrow. Instead of being cold to him, I thought I being nice since this would be the last time I'm seeing him.
"Hey Donghae! How's it going?" I ask him, trying to be happy.
"......Why are you so weird today?" he asked me. Ah....he noticed it. He's probably not used to me being nice.
"Haha~ You're funny Donghae..." I say to him while punching his shoulder lightly. He just frowned at me nudged away from me a little bit like a child.
"....Where's Kyuhyun and what have you done to him?..." he asked.
"...You're right....I'm not used to being nice to you either. Anyways, what do you want Donghae?" I say as I give up.
"Oh there you are! Anyways, I came here to ask you why do you look so down?" he said.
"Oh....nothing much really..." I say, trying to avoid the question as I'm leaving tomorrow.
"There has to be something--"
--Donghae! Can I ask you a question?"
"Sure, what is it?"
"If I were to leave forever, would you just forget about me?"
".....Kyuhyun.....don't joke around like that.....Of course not! You're like one of the coolest teachers here!" he exclaimed. I just laugh. At least there's someone who can cheer me up. Now I'll really miss Donghae.
"Really?....Thanks Donghae...and if I do leave, I'll never forget you either."
"Awhh...thanks Kyuhyun!" he said.
"And you know...if I leave, remember to take care of Sungmin for me and make her stay away from Yesung as farthest away from possible, okay?"
"Yessir!....Wait...why are you telling me this since you're not going to leave?"
"Nah, I just wanted to..just in case you know?..."
"Oh...okay..."
"And Donghae...one more question?"
"Ugh...too many question~ My small fishy brain can't handle it! Anyways, what is it?"
"If you're forced to leave a girl, but you still love her, how will you do it without hurting her?" I asked.
"Mmmm........be cold and mean to her!" he simply put.
"Uhm....what?" I say while giving him a weird expression.
"Yeah! I'm serious! You have to get the girl to have a bad impression and get mad at you so she won't regret separating from you... And you don't wanna make your love to her so obvious right? So just pretend to be angry, then leave her unexpectedly. If you be nice and gentle to her while breaking up, you'll hurt her even more. You might feel regretful though since you still love her but you have to break up with her with an addition of being cold but that's the only way." he explained. Man, even though Donghae is a little hard headed sometimes, he's right...I'm already feeling regretful in doing this...
"I see...." I say sadly.
"But it's for the happiness for the girl, right? Not for yourself."
"....You're right Donghae......for the girl..."
"Yep! Anyways, class is starting soon! I have to leave now." he said. I felt disappointed that he had to go.....because this is probably the last time hanging out with Donghae for me...
"Really?....Alright Donghae....I'll see you...Also thanks Donghae.....you're really like a best pal to me." I thanked him with disappointment.
"Eh? Still gloomy? Well, I hope you feel better. Bye Kyuhyun!" he said happily. 
"Yeah, bye Hae!" I say while trying to give me best smile. He waved goodbye to me like a kid and left the cafeteria. I just smiled and looked down, feeling depressed again.

"for the happiness for the girl...." I mutter to myself. I look up and glanced at Sungmin. She was preparing to leave the cafeteria. I stood up, sighed heavily, and walked straight towards her. I took a step right in front of her. 
"Oh! Mr. Cho?..." she said in surprise.
"Hey, Sungmin. Can you meet me in my classroom after school?" I say to her.
"U-uh..sure.." she said blankly. I then smile to her sadly then leave her.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
SUNGMIN'S POV

Kyuhyun went up to me and asked him to me after school. He was acting very weird. Was it because I was too harsh on him about the Seohyun thing? Nah, it couldn't be......he seems so sad every since lunch started. Ugh, I hope he tells me the reason when we meet.

I go into his room after school. I knock on his door, open it, and went inside. He was playing Starcraft as usual, with his back faced to me. Seriously, is that all he does in his free time? I sneakily went behind him and kissed him on the cheek.
"Hey Kyu~" I say as I smile to him. He just closed his laptop slowly and looked at me. 
"Why are you late?" he said blankly.
"...Kyuhyun, I immediately came here after class ended." I told him.
"Are you sure? Are you lying to me?" he said suspiciously.
"Absolutely not! But if I am late, I'm sorry Kyu..." I say pouting. There was a moment of silence and Kyuhyun gave me a blank face. After awhile, Kyuhyun then facepalmed and groaned loudly.
"Ugh.....Sungmin....why are you making this so hard for me?.." he complained.
".....Uhm....what do you mean?..." I say, not understanding anything he said.
"Nothing. Anyways....I saw that you kept giving me dirty looks after I spoke with Seohyun today." he said. Then I suddenly remember I'm suppose to be mad at him.
"...Oh yeah!~ That. Geez, of course I was giving you dirty looks! You were talking to her for too long!" I scolded him. He stayed silent again and then glared at me. 
"Well you know what Sungmin? We were just speaking to each other okay?! I couldn't even teach the class properly because of your eyeing! I'm tired of you getting jealous over every little single thing!" he suddenly yelled at me. I was so shocked. Kyuhyun never screamed at me before. I never heard his loud voice. What happened?...

"Kyuhyun.....I did that because I care--"
"Care about what huh?! Me?? If you really cared, then you would just mind your own business and focus on your own school work! All Seohyun wanted to do was to ask questions for her survey! What do you think we were going to do!? Flirt or something?!" he yelled.
"Okay Kyuhyun....maybe I was a bit too over-protective...and I'm sorr--"
"Do you not trust me?....Do you really think I'm cheating on you every time I speak to a girl?............Are you seriously that pathetic and desperate?" he said firmly. I suddenly got furious. Those words really hit me. I can't believe he would even say that.
"Pathetic and desperate?...Are you serious?! Kyuhyun, I think you're exaggerating this situation too much and you're the one who over-does stuff. Why are you being like this right now?!" I yelled at him.
"I'm being like this because of your stupid habit! Why can't you just lay off a little?!" 
"Well, you're the one who was stingy about Yesung and I first! You threw chalk at him remember??"
"Well, I was being jealous for the right reasons! How would you feel if Seohyun was leaning into me and whispering into my ear?! How would you feel if you saw Seohyun giving a ring to me?!" he kept asking me. Even though I really want to give him a wake up slap right now, he was right...How am I suppose to comeback at him like this?
"W-Well--"
"Yet you became jealous for an incredibly childish reason! Is speaking to someone casually a sin while you're dating someone else?" he said.
"...." I just stayed silent. He then stood up, roughly put his belongings into his bag and looked at me.
"Whatver Sungmin. If you can't trust me then....I won't trust you. Goodbye Sungmin." he said as he left the classroom.

I just sat down at a near by desk and slumped down in it. I stared at a blank space.

"What does he mean by 'I won't trust you'?" I say to myself.
....Did I really make him that mad?...Maybe he's just having a hard time?..." I say blankly.
And the things he said were right. I should just lay off sometimes and learn." I pointed out. I feel sad and concerned now that Kyuhyun and I were arguing to each other badly just now.

"Yeah....Kyuhyun is just having a stress because he's a teacher and I'll apologize tomorrow to him. First thing in the morning"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
KYUHYUN'S POV

I'm now on the bus, with my head on the window, staring at a blank space. That was the most horrible experience ever. Yelling and screaming at Sungmin. I felt so guilty. And now, I'm feeling really heavyhearted and gloomy now. It's depressing to leave Sungmin without telling her. That's probably the last time I'll be able to see Sungmin. The thought of that just cringes me. Unconsciously, a tear falls down my cheek. Then another and so on. 

Tomorrow, I would already be on the ferry and headed to China to ZhouMi. I hope Sungmin does fine without me and she would reach her goal of being a musician. Even better, she would just forget about me as soon as possible.

"I'm sorry Sungmin. So sorry."
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SUNGMIN'S POV

The next day, I woke up late and was late for class. I hurried to get dressed and usually when I'm late, I take my time. But since I had Math first, I really wanted to see Kyuhyun and see how he's doing. So I quickly paced to class. When I arrived everyone was there and I hear and see some other guy instead of Kyuhyun speaking in front of the class. I frowned and took a seat in class, not understanding the situation...Why isn't Kyuhyun in class today?....Is he sick?..
"Hello everyone! My name is Shin Dong Hee. Or to you, Mr. Dong Hee. I am your new Math teacher!" he introduced himself. I suddenly started getting nervous. New teacher?....I immediately raised my hand.
"Ah yes you!" Mr. Dong Hee called out to me.
"Uhm...what happened to our old substitute?...Mr. Cho?..." I say nervously.
"Ah!~ Cho Kyuhyun?...I heard that quit and I think he's going to China to study more." he said. I widen my eyes. The whole class was yapping about his disappearance.
"What?! W-Why?!" I exclaimed.
"I don't know reason. I'm sorry....but I can tell you that he's probably right now taking a ferry to China." he told us. 
"When does it leave?!" I say hurriedly.
"Uhm...probably in a few minutes I guess--" Immediately, I stood out and stormed out of class, hearing "Hey, wait!" from Mr. Dong Hee behind me. I ran as hard as I can and outside of the University quickly. My eyes begin to water.

Kyuhyun...