I think I fell in love with my teacher (chapter 1)

I think I fell in love with my teacher

PREVIOUSLY:
The man sets down his suitcase and stands in front of the class.
“Hello everyone. I am Cho Kyuhyun, and I will be teaching you until the rest of the year.” He says.

I have a feeling that “the rest of the year” is going to be great.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SUNGMIN’S POV

“I am a student teacher that will be substituting for Mr. Lee due to his absence until the school year ends. I am 23 years old so I am about the same age as you guys. You guys can call Mr. Cho but I prefer you call me Kyuhyun because it’s more comfortable. I hope we can go through the school year smoothly and I can’t wait to work with you guys. Any questions?” Mr. Cho says.

Yeah, I am going to still call him Mr. Cho since he’s still our teacher and I just don’t feel right calling him by his name. Seohyun(yes she’s in my class and sits next to me) raises her hand.
“Sorry to get so personal ‘Kyuhyun‘, but do you have a girlfriend, or wife?” She asks. The class laughs and giggles. Oh my god Seohyun…. 
“Haha, no. I’m too busy for that kind of stuff. But it would be nice to have one.” He laughed. The girls in the class giggled. Seohyun just smirked and leaned over me.

“Back off. He’s mine. So don‘t touch him.” She whispered to me.
“Go ahead. I’m not interested anyways.” I whisper back. She leaned back to her seat.

“Do you guys have any more questions? No? Okay, before we get into the math, let’s play the name game, shall we? Just go around the classroom and tell me your names and hobbies you do, okay?” Mr. Cho explained to us. Ugh, I hate public speaking things like this.
“I’ll start first.” Mr. Cho said. “Hello, my name is Kyuhyun and I love playing Starcraft. I am addicted to it and that’s why my nickname is GameKyu.” He told us. The class laughed. The class then went around telling their names and hobbies. After a few minutes, it was Seohyun’s turn.

“Hi~ I am Seohyun and I love shopping.” She said. Ew. Typical Seohyun.
“Shopping? I wish I had enough money to do that..Haha Thank you Seohyun. Anyways, next please.” Mr. Cho said as he looked at me. Oh no. It’s my turn…
“Uhm…Hi, I’m Sungmin, and I play the guitar?…” I hesitantly say. And yes, I do play the guitar. Music is one of my finest subjects.
“Oh really? I have always wanted to play guitar. But believe it or not, I like to sing too. Maybe we can have a duet sometime.” He said as he smiled to me. To be honest, I really love his smile. I blushed when he said that.

After a few minutes of the name game, we started our lesson. He taught us all of these math techniques that I didn’t quite understand. Ugh, I really can’t do Math.

“Okay class. Get out your textbooks and read section 1 chapter 4. Then do the guide questions below. You may begin.” He directed us. I took out my textbook and did what he told us to do. At a first glance of the page, I knew I wasn’t going to understand. But I went on with it anyways. After finishing my work, which I know is 100% wrong, I closed my book and waited. Looking around the class, I saw that most people weren’t done yet. There was still a few minutes after class ends, so it didn’t matter.

I turned to Mr. Cho and saw that he was looking through our grades. Oh no. He’s gonna look at my grade and think I’m an idiot. Ugh…Why does this always happen to me?! The bell rings and class was finally over. Everyone scrambled to get their things to leave.

“It was nice to work with you guys and have a good day today. No homework. You may be dismissed now.” He told us. I was the last one to leave but Mr. Cho suddenly said something to me.
“Sungmin. Can you stay for a few minutes please?” He asks me. Ah, . I stopped and went to his desk.
“Yes, Mr. Cho.” I say to him as I gulped.
“Haha~ You can call me Kyuhyun. We are about the same age, you know? ” He told me as he laughed.
“Sorry, but I feel more comfortable with Mr. Cho.” I say to him, looking everywhere except for his face. Why can’t I look at his face properly?
“As you wish. Anyways, I wanted to talk to you about your grades, as it is my job for you to pass Mathematics.” He said. Ugh, he looked at my grades….
“Yes, Mr. Cho.” I replied to him.
“I looked at your grade and saw that you weren’t doing very well. I suggest you stay with my after school everyday, for me to tutor you and catch up.” He suggested. I was surprised at the fact.
“Excuse me?” I say to him as I widen my eyes.
“I’m sorry Sungmin. But I have to tutor you in order to pass this class. We will start tomorrow after school here in the math room. Is that fine with you?” He asks me. He was giving me puppy eyes without even purposely doing it. Oh my god. Now that I looked at his face up close, he looks very cute and handsome. Ugh. What am I thinking?
“….Okay. Fine…” I sighed. It may sound like I didn’t want to, but on the inside, I was anticipating for it.
“Mmkay~ It has been settled then!” He said as he smiled. His smile looks so good on him.
“You can leave now Sungmin. Have a nice day.” He said to me. I just nodded and left. Once I was outside in the hallway, I breathed a heavy sigh and started walking to my dorm. Without knowing, there was a huge smile plastered on my face throughout the whole walk to my dorm.

I finally arrived and went inside. I see Seohyun already there sitting on the couch, staring at me.
“Hello Seohyun.” I said as I took my shoes off.
“Where were you?” She said firmly.
“What? No hello back?” I said as I laughed.
“I’m not joking Lee Sungmin.” She said to me.
“I was just in the Math room, speaking to Mr. Cho.” I told her.
“……Why?…..” She narrowed her eyes at me. I go to the couch and stood in front of her.
“Mr. Cho told me to stay back after class and he suggested that he would tutor me in Math, since I have a bad grade.” I said.
“….And what did you say?” She asked.
“I said yes.” I say to her without hesitation as I sit on the couch next to her.
“WHAT?! Sungmin, I told you to stay away from him!” She yelled at me.
“Seohyun, I have to do it. I’m not gonna pass Math if I don’t do it. And relax, woman! It’s just a friendly tutoring. No hard feelings okay?” I tell her.
“…Fine. But don’t get to close to him…” she warned me.
“I won’t!” I finished. I march to my room and throw myself into the bed. I stare at the ceiling.

….Tutor, huh?…Let’s see how well this goes…..